• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I wanna be a TTTTT

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
how can I develop my T? I actually feel like it's impossible for me to ignore my heart when making decisions or dealing with people. In a weird way, I feel as if I logically make decisions using my heart.

MBTI Type
ENTP
This is how your post reads to me, "how do I develop my T? I can't develop my T. Why should I have to develop my T, anyway?" It sounds like you're arguing with yourself, so it might be hard for people to address your point if only half of you is receptive to it.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Sheesh Booya be a little more considerate in your critique. No need to be so succinct and direct. There's more to it than outlining and asking a question.

MBTI Type
ENTP
oh, my bad, I didn't notice this was in the NF Idyllic. I guess I'm not supposed to answer. :confused:

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
hahaha Booya you assessment of me was absolutely correct.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
how can I develop my T? I actually feel like it's impossible for me to ignore my heart when making decisions or dealing with people. In a weird way, I feel as if I logically make decisions using my heart.
What? :huh: So... you want to have your cake and eat it at as well?

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Heh not necessarily. I guess I get annoyed with myself at times when I let myself get conned into things when other people don't. I get frustrated when I'm in a debate (which I actually love) and I slowly go from intelligent points to just emotional responses once I start losing. Is this making any sense?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Just indulge in activities that make you think. Seems obvious right? Well, that's the only advice I can give you.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can have a good balance of "heart" and "logic" in your decisions. At least I do. It's a nice balance.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
Heh not necessarily. I guess I get annoyed with myself at times when I let myself get conned into things when other people don't. I get frustrated when I'm in a debate (which I actually love) and I slowly go from intelligent points to just emotional responses once I start losing. Is this making any sense?

I recommend that, before you learn how to think critically, you develop the necessary equanimity. It is difficult to prescribe a method as to how you can achieve this, but I would suggest conceiving of yourself as uninvolved or detached from the conversation.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This is part of being an Fi dominant/secondary type. If you catch yourself getting emotional then stop unless it pertains to the argument.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

I don't know if there is anything that will help you with this. I try to keep myself out of arguments, because they almost always lead to me getting angry and then spitting hot lead at my opponent ... and losing the argument. These days if somebody wants to argue, I just outright dismiss the idea, "I don't give a shit what you think." This drives T-types INSANE ... and you win the argument by default! hehehe...

</joking>

Seriously, though, I recommend reading "The Demon-Haunted World" by Carl Sagan. It's about critical thinking told through an F-type filter. It's an excellent book, although whether it changes your preferences ... hard to say.

redacted

The way you're using the word "think" is different from Thinking in the Jungian sense.

Too bad you're a dominant extroverted perceiver.

How about this...delay action as much as you can, and you will automatically think more.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
^
-_-;...........................................

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
lol at jeffster

and take a discrete math class. thatl do it

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is how your post reads to me, "how do I develop my T? I can't develop my T. Why should I have to develop my T, anyway?" It sounds like you're arguing with yourself, so it might be hard for people to address your point if only half of you is receptive to it.

To be honest, that was exactly what I was thinking when I saw that post.