User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Default Ideal self image of idealists.

NFs, how do you see yourselves and how would you like others to see you? What kind of person would you like to be?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

a better one
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Priori View Post
    NFs, how do you see yourselves and how would you like others to see you? What kind of person would you like to be?
    How I see myself:

-Not good enough
    -Bright
    -Calculating
    -Quiet
    -Strange
    -Internally full of a sort of frenetic energy; outwardly fidgety/twitchy one moment, still and at peace the next
    -Whimsical
    -Kind, in a remote way

How I want others to see me:

-The above list is fine...all I want to add is that I would hope people would see me as kind. I feel often that I am not to the extent others tell me I am. I care, but in a distant kind of way.

What kind of person would I like to be:

-Myself. No one else. Maybe a little more relaxed and less prone to panic/anxiety attacks.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

It's interesting to hear this in your own words. Thank you.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'd like to be more hard-working. I'd like to be seen as someone who accomplished something, when I'm older.

MBTI
    INFP

I think my goal, after trying various things, has been self-acceptance. That's where I find my ideal sense of satisfaction.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

See me:

A walking disaster. Often screwing something up, or breaking it, or tripping over it - but heartfelt and a good person (just don't lend her your car).

Would like people to see me as:
    More grounded.
    More responsible.
    Better "Follow Through".
    Less Naive.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

it's a nuclear device antireconciler's Avatar
    MBTI
    Intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    INTj

There's a sense in which you can never be in an image before yourself, because the image is separate from you by being held out FOR you, and in that sense there's nothing in particular I AM, just ... that I am. It's really all I am, all I want to be, and all I would hope to be seen for. Of this comes beauty and intelligence and grace and so on, which I share in because they are natural manifestations of life.

At the same time I have some "self-image" of being a number of things, such as being nothing but a thing of blood and sinew and so on for others to take advantage of in every way, of being spiteful, vicious, obnoxious, vampiric, and so on, although it is sometimes of other things like being justified, or patient, or clever, or of milder things very much like Kyrielle's description.

The things in my self-image don't really seem to have a cause. They just appear and I just buy into them, or maybe I can resist them. It's fed off reaction and activity though. If you stop and sit still, so does your mind, and the self-image fixation evaporates in a few minutes, or will at least subside.

It's like a madhouse, really. I don't know why the self doesn't really stick to itself easily and kind of slops off in self-forgetfulness. I don't know why. Many things are very easy to learn, but the mind learning stickiness to itself is apparently a feat of high culture and divine grace. Almost as readily is graphite shaped into diamond. Both processes seem to require a remarkable amount of heat and pressure.
    ~ a n t i r e c o n c i l e r
    What is death, dies.
    What is life, lives.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't think those things are necessary for self-awareess. They probably are a good catalyst, though.

It's practice, practice, practice!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

How I see myself: too much, not enough, genuine through it all.

Would like to see myself: confident, willing to lean on others, dilligent, positive, unafraid, in better shape. (I was sorely tempted to say "perfect" but I'm also aware that that's not going to happen)
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt