• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Ideal self image of idealists.

Priori

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
NFs, how do you see yourselves and how would you like others to see you? What kind of person would you like to be?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
NFs, how do you see yourselves and how would you like others to see you? What kind of person would you like to be?

How I see myself:

-Not good enough
-Bright
-Calculating
-Quiet
-Strange
-Internally full of a sort of frenetic energy; outwardly fidgety/twitchy one moment, still and at peace the next
-Whimsical
-Kind, in a remote way

How I want others to see me:

-The above list is fine...all I want to add is that I would hope people would see me as kind. I feel often that I am not to the extent others tell me I am. I care, but in a distant kind of way.

What kind of person would I like to be:

-Myself. No one else. Maybe a little more relaxed and less prone to panic/anxiety attacks.

Priori

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
It's interesting to hear this in your own words. Thank you.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'd like to be more hard-working. I'd like to be seen as someone who accomplished something, when I'm older.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I think my goal, after trying various things, has been self-acceptance. That's where I find my ideal sense of satisfaction.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
See me:

A walking disaster. Often screwing something up, or breaking it, or tripping over it - but heartfelt and a good person (just don't lend her your car).

Would like people to see me as:
More grounded.
More responsible.
Better "Follow Through".
Less Naive.

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
There's a sense in which you can never be in an image before yourself, because the image is separate from you by being held out FOR you, and in that sense there's nothing in particular I AM, just ... that I am. It's really all I am, all I want to be, and all I would hope to be seen for. Of this comes beauty and intelligence and grace and so on, which I share in because they are natural manifestations of life.

At the same time I have some "self-image" of being a number of things, such as being nothing but a thing of blood and sinew and so on for others to take advantage of in every way, of being spiteful, vicious, obnoxious, vampiric, and so on, although it is sometimes of other things like being justified, or patient, or clever, or of milder things very much like Kyrielle's description.

The things in my self-image don't really seem to have a cause. They just appear and I just buy into them, or maybe I can resist them. It's fed off reaction and activity though. If you stop and sit still, so does your mind, and the self-image fixation evaporates in a few minutes, or will at least subside.

It's like a madhouse, really. I don't know why the self doesn't really stick to itself easily and kind of slops off in self-forgetfulness. I don't know why. Many things are very easy to learn, but the mind learning stickiness to itself is apparently a feat of high culture and divine grace. Almost as readily is graphite shaped into diamond. Both processes seem to require a remarkable amount of heat and pressure.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think those things are necessary for self-awareess. They probably are a good catalyst, though.

It's practice, practice, practice!

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
How I see myself: too much, not enough, genuine through it all.

Would like to see myself: confident, willing to lean on others, dilligent, positive, unafraid, in better shape. (I was sorely tempted to say "perfect" but I'm also aware that that's not going to happen)

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
I don't think those things are necessary for self-awareess. They probably are a good catalyst, though.

It's practice, practice, practice!

You're right of course.