• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTJ: gooey on the inside

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
"You're a kind man," I've had people say to me. Young female students, mostly. It's flattering, but seems to miss a point. So, "Oh, I'm not kind," I'll warn them in reply. "You care about us," they'll say.

I've had ENFJs mistake me for someone who cares about others too.

I've heard ESFJs and ENFPs say there's a gooey center inside an INTJ.

I have even, for the love of God, had people call me warm-hearted.

I think of myself more as cut down for speed and not going anywhere.

So, sure, yeah, what people are zeroing in on is the inner feeling. It's in a tertiary position so it comes out mostly as a great interest in saying what is and isn't valuable. It doesn't come out as flowers and hugs, but as statements of principle that I feel involved with. And that's some fine lovin' right there, yo!

Or am I missing something here, on this journey of self-discovery, the gooey-on-the-inside part? Are you all talking about something outside of my control? Because it sounds like you are. And it's freaky-weird because INTJs are by reputation, and in damn fact, utilitarian to a fault and spare. The only reason your not all in cages drinking Rufie/E cocktails is we have that weak Se.

What the hell are you guys talking about?!

And yes, I already recognise my "upset" tone here as coming from that gooey inside and the warning it's giving me I'm taking a chance no-one will answer straight. But I'm still not willing to call it a gooey center because the true path to it is through the Te overlord, and that guy don't do goo.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can make an INTJ come out of their shell if you try hard enough. I don't know why, but I really do love you guys. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't know but it's funny. maybe it's just projection...we do that.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of an INTJ?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of an INTJ?

I believe this calls for a scientific study group.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My INTJ friends feel very much more relaxed around me. I think ENFP's are so weird that it makes people feel comfortable.

You just need to realize that as an INTJ you do have a soft center that some people can see.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If we're talking socionics, the intuitive subtype has a softer shell than the thinking. I have a good friend of 15 years who is thinking and lives up very much so to the description. He is a walking fortress. Hard to get to laugh, but if we're flipping through movies at midnight and he stops at a nude scene it's pretty much ritual for me to offer up an emphatic high five because we both get a kick out of surprise boobs, and he lets out a laugh like a mare ready to mate.

The intuitives I know at work and roundabouts are more open to the unprovable and much goofier. One of my favorite teachers is one, and one of the most charming and accepting that I've known. He is tickled by attention and loves when students laugh at jokes, but doesn't seem to feed on that energy. At the same time everything that comes out of his mouth has practical and emotional value. He's amazing. True chameleon.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Surprise boobs. I approve.

So enough with the licking. Use the surprise boobs.

DylanKerouac

MBTI Type
INFP
I swear if I asked my INTJ friend if she'd ever show me her 'gooey insides', she'd reference cadavers & show me her VERY expensive & VERY interesting *snicker* collection of chainsaws, rotor blades, & diagrams on the human anatomy.

Then of course ask about the interest in 'such a nonsensical thing.'

INTJs: Always the Brainees (or Brainers?)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I have found that INTJs like to know that they are perceived as stable, nice, generally good people. I think you can use that Fi tertiary function as a vector to their gooey innards, if they're there.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
where are these boobs he's talking about? i can't see any.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh! yours! ha! that's funny. :laugh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant