User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i am close with an intj female, and your description has helped me understand her. Fi is like an inner child (for her it sounds like ted leo songs). our connection is that she hides it underneath objectivist hierarchically prioritized Te organizing her Ni big picture (which is where we connect). and that i absolutely refuse to let her inner child not come out and play. that even tho the Ni + Te gives her this cutting, absurdist, mirthful humor, w/ me she secretly wants to play and embrace the sentimental and gooey Fi.

and yes, we get there bc her NiTe knows. with Ni dom her internal environment is instantly recognizable and almost transparent to me, we just organize them with different principles (Te vs Ti). although she does not fully understand the glossy colors and hues and shades of feeling-tones that my Ni is painted with, composed of, etc.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes, they are gooey on the inside.

And this is what makes them beautifully intense creatures.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

In response to some of what Kalach said initially...Maybe "gooey on the inside" feels wrong to some of us because it sounds like we have a maudlin and sentimental inner core that we don't have control over...which is true up to a point, but as we get more in touch with our Fi we learn how to use it and experience it, and it becomes more like another side to us, and less like some dirty secret that we feel we have to hide.

Not to say it doesn't remain a little fragile, especially during those moments when we live it fully...
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Banned

I feel over exposed in this thread.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Jim, you're delusional..we hardly need this thread to be aware of those things in you
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

I think this "gooey in the center"-thing is seriously overhyped.

Sure, it holds some truth in it because of our tertiary Fi (most myths do), but the general belief that an INTJ hides something very deep and emotional seems to be a huge exaggeration, perhaps because of our unusual facial expressions. We could seem to be "mysterious" because we're quiet, sometimes unfriendly, and drawn to transcendental things. I suppose that's it.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm, I think it has a lot to do with your tertiary Fi.

Here's an example that will hopefully elucidate:

I'm an ENFP, and hence have auxiliary Fi and tertiary Te, my warmth and gooey-ness is therefore more apparent, partly due to my extraversion, and mostly due to my Fi. As happy-go-lucky as I am, people (often) can immediately see/feel my warmth.

For you guys, your gooeyness/kindness/gentleness is not so apparent, but it's there, granted deep inside of you.

Once you find someone whom you trust and love, you'll let that person in, and then, and only then, will they see/feel/experience that beautiful aspect to your personalities.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

It's true. (Terse INTJ response.)
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

a wildly varying portion of their experience and cognitive functioning is made up of Fi, yes. but that doesn't change the fact that Te is what ultimately structures their experience and action. but Fi does have some sentiment, inner truth, belief in something, etc. but again this changes with individual cases.

enfps are the best at exaggerating F in others bc they can see and imagine the smallest core of feeling. they can easily overwhelmingly bias themselves towards the Fi of someone and not realize the whole of the rest. still, it's pretty impressive and why they're so good at seeing the best in others.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I think this "gooey in the center"-thing is seriously overhyped.
    I think so too. Don't worry INTJs, I for one believe you are cold-hearted, evil robots.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe