User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    In contrast, we INFJs have a cold, hard, inner Thinking side which we also prefer to conceal from others, often behind a wall of niceness or politeness.
    Hmm reminds me of,
    "And when they get angry, they often go into a factual rage, spitting out fact after fact..."
    Something like that.
    ...Or was that INFP.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Hmm reminds me of,
    "And when they get angry, they often go into a factual rage, spitting out fact after fact..."
    Something like that.
    ...Or was that INFP.
    Don't know, but it is something I'm prone to do when I get really annoyed.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INTJ

Again, the opposite is true for me. Ti can be relaxing because it's nice not to feel things sometimes (but only for short periods).
    Yeah, I was going to say something about moderation. Like it's probably not the best thing for INTJs to dabble in feeling land for too long, or they, well probably turn into basket cases.

Guess for INFJs it's more like, turning into robots...
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Yeah, I was going to say something about moderation. Like it's probably not the best thing for INTJs to dabble in feeling land for too long, or they, well probably turn into basket cases.

Guess for INFJs it's more like, turning into robots...
    Yeah, "robotic" descibes it perfectly. And I've seen a few INTJ friends get stuck in Fi for too long - it's very squelchy!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INTJ

So, unless I misunderstand, the reason I react badly to having this Fi be called "gooey" or "mushy" or, heaven forbid, "warm", is because I regard it as fragile and seek to protect it from assault.

I wonder... it may be the way I answer these things, but on those cognitive processes tests I keep on having Te pop out slightly higher than Ni (with Fi and Se respectively definite third and fourth, so I'm remain INTJ, not some reclusive E).

I wonder if that makes a difference to the nature of the Fi.

Or if the Fi made a difference to the development of the Te... OMG! Will nothing halt the inner ravages of this mythical beast!?

Oh, and INFJs? I may be misperceiving Fe here, but that cold, hard inner robot... she ain't that hidden.

MBTI
    INxJ

Meh.

People project whatever they like. I don't mind. If people knew just how much I really didn't care, well, it could bring up all sorts of complications that I wouldn't want to deal with. Especially, in a work or academic environment. The strategy is energy efficient. No extra expense is necessary on my part.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I wouldn't place too much trust in those cognitive function tests. They can be interesting, but they're still a work in progress and are considerably less reliable than the MBTI.

I've read that it's best for you INTJs to approach your own Fi via your Te function; I guess something like this:

"It's important for me to get in touch with my own inner values. I shall schedule some time to do this. Which activities can I participate in to help me to do this efficiently and effectively?"
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

And if I only could,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INTJ

Abso-freakin-lutely! Get in there via the Te. Because shockingly horrible things happen if someone aims straight at the Fi alone. And that, I think, is why I don't like this "gooey" thing. It damn well ain't gooey because it's got an older brother'll kick your ass!

Too hysterical?

Ni Te Fi Se

MBTI
    INxJ

I've read that it's best for you INTJs to approach your own Fi via your Te function; I guess something like this:

"It's important for me to get in touch with my own inner values. I shall schedule some time to do this. Which activities can I participate in to help me to do this efficiently and effectively?"
    No, thanks.

Quite a few INFJs possess the tendency to care too much. The martyr syndrome isn't very robotic either.

MBTI
    INTJ

Actually, to get to my Fi I tried to ignore Te.
    All the data from Ni had to go somewhere without Te's compulsive desire to ask why.
    - Albert Einstein