User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Fi.
    Sometimes it's nice to relax in. Other times it beats you up if you perform against it, your own personal set of rules. Morals I guess.

It's there with most INTJs, but some accept it's existence better than others.

It's true though, until the person is comfortable with you, you won't see it's true form. You'll see it's shadow here and there, but never the full picture (even with warm INTJs). Obviously the object itself is fragile, so it only likes to be seen by those who it knows won't hurt it.

There's some sort of wall created by Te that doesn't allow Fi to be seen, and if seen only through shadows. Of course some people can inteript the shadow and have a better idea of the full object, but they still haven't witnessed the real thing.

INTJs, creating Te walls to protect their Fi teddy bear stuffing since the dawn of man.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    It's true though, until the person is comfortable with you, you won't see it's true form. You'll see it's shadow here and there, but never the full picture (even with warm INTJs). Obviously the object itself is fragile, so it only likes to be seen by those who it knows won't hurt it.
    Wonderfully said. Very poetic. And it's true.
    So far, this is the best description of how it works.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by GargoylesLegacy View Post
    Well, now this is perfect.
    We do have nice traits, but we don't let everybody see them (equally). Also it depends on how balanced an INTJ is. *greetings to BC, Scat and DM*
    *feels all warm inside*
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    "You're a kind man," I've had people say to me. Young female students, mostly. It's flattering, but seems to miss a point. So, "Oh, I'm not kind," I'll warn them in reply. "You care about us," they'll say.

I've had ENFJs mistake me for someone who cares about others too.

I've heard ESFJs and ENFPs say there's a gooey center inside an INTJ.

I have even, for the love of God, had people call me warm-hearted.

I think of myself more as cut down for speed and not going anywhere.

So, sure, yeah, what people are zeroing in on is the inner feeling. It's in a tertiary position so it comes out mostly as a great interest in saying what is and isn't valuable. It doesn't come out as flowers and hugs, but as statements of principle that I feel involved with. And that's some fine lovin' right there, yo!

Or am I missing something here, on this journey of self-discovery, the gooey-on-the-inside part? Are you all talking about something outside of my control? Because it sounds like you are. And it's freaky-weird because INTJs are by reputation, and in damn fact, utilitarian to a fault and spare. The only reason your not all in cages drinking Rufie/E cocktails is we have that weak Se.

What the hell are you guys talking about?!

And yes, I already recognise my "upset" tone here as coming from that gooey inside and the warning it's giving me I'm taking a chance no-one will answer straight. But I'm still not willing to call it a gooey center because the true path to it is through the Te overlord, and that guy don't do goo.
    I get this frequently too. My ENFJ and ENFP friends think I'm a very caring person and that I go out of my way to help others. My ISTJ dad thinks I'm too nice to others. And I don't quite understand why. The only thing I really try to do is to be a decent person.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    INTJ

Fi is individual, right? Some general trends can be expected based on type--like, for example, I presume most INTJs will value independence and freedom from constraint--but any one person's Fi will be in significant part a product of their experiences and environment, yeah?

I do have a particular sense that I want to be useful. Along with some riders about freedom from constraint and maintaining independence, I like the idea that I can be used. (Looked at from the negative side, that means I can be pedantic and overbearing, expecting to be listened to and to some degree, obeyed.) So I observe too that a secret informant--let's call him Deep Heart--has warned me, people saying there's a gooey center to INTJs is them seeing a needy feelings shadow...

And now DM and Gargles say so too.

What the hell is this thing?!

It's... feelings? Nothing more than feelings?

Trying to forget my feelings of love?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You want to act like a good person because of your Fi. If you don't act accordingly you will break one of your inner laws and it will bother you. Welcome to Fi, you have seen the light Mr. Healthy INTJ.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

In contrast, we INFJs have a cold, hard, inner Thinking side which we also prefer to conceal from others, often behind a wall of niceness or politeness.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You want to act like a good person because of your Fi. If you don't act accordingly you will break one of your inner laws and it will bother you. Welcome to Fi, you have seen the light Mr. Healthy INTJ.
    Exactly.

Inner rules that make you feel bad when you break them. Also Fi is relaxing. It's nice to feel things. This reminds me of that one thread... where it was about INTJs and crying. Lemme get it hmm...
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah here it is:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post518781

Gets interesting around pages 3-4.
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Exactly.

Inner rules that make you feel bad when you break them. Also Fi is relaxing. It's nice to feel things. This reminds me of that one thread... where it was about INTJs and crying. Lemme get it hmm...
    Again, the opposite is true for me. Ti can be relaxing because it's nice not to feel things sometimes (but only for short periods).
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush