• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTJ: gooey on the inside

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
In contrast, we INFJs have a cold, hard, inner Thinking side which we also prefer to conceal from others, often behind a wall of niceness or politeness.

Hmm reminds me of,
"And when they get angry, they often go into a factual rage, spitting out fact after fact..."
Something like that.
...Or was that INFP.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm reminds me of,
"And when they get angry, they often go into a factual rage, spitting out fact after fact..."
Something like that.
...Or was that INFP.

Don't know, but it is something I'm prone to do when I get really annoyed.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Again, the opposite is true for me. Ti can be relaxing because it's nice not to feel things sometimes (but only for short periods).

Yeah, I was going to say something about moderation. Like it's probably not the best thing for INTJs to dabble in feeling land for too long, or they, well probably turn into basket cases.

Guess for INFJs it's more like, turning into robots...

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I was going to say something about moderation. Like it's probably not the best thing for INTJs to dabble in feeling land for too long, or they, well probably turn into basket cases.

Guess for INFJs it's more like, turning into robots...

Yeah, "robotic" descibes it perfectly. And I've seen a few INTJ friends get stuck in Fi for too long - it's very squelchy!

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
So, unless I misunderstand, the reason I react badly to having this Fi be called "gooey" or "mushy" or, heaven forbid, "warm", is because I regard it as fragile and seek to protect it from assault.

I wonder... it may be the way I answer these things, but on those cognitive processes tests I keep on having Te pop out slightly higher than Ni (with Fi and Se respectively definite third and fourth, so I'm remain INTJ, not some reclusive E).

I wonder if that makes a difference to the nature of the Fi.

Or if the Fi made a difference to the development of the Te... OMG! Will nothing halt the inner ravages of this mythical beast!?

Oh, and INFJs? I may be misperceiving Fe here, but that cold, hard inner robot... she ain't that hidden.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Meh.

People project whatever they like. I don't mind. If people knew just how much I really didn't care, well, it could bring up all sorts of complications that I wouldn't want to deal with. Especially, in a work or academic environment. The strategy is energy efficient. No extra expense is necessary on my part.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't place too much trust in those cognitive function tests. They can be interesting, but they're still a work in progress and are considerably less reliable than the MBTI.

I've read that it's best for you INTJs to approach your own Fi via your Te function; I guess something like this:

"It's important for me to get in touch with my own inner values. I shall schedule some time to do this. Which activities can I participate in to help me to do this efficiently and effectively?"

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Abso-freakin-lutely! Get in there via the Te. Because shockingly horrible things happen if someone aims straight at the Fi alone. And that, I think, is why I don't like this "gooey" thing. It damn well ain't gooey because it's got an older brother'll kick your ass!

Too hysterical?

:headphne::threaten: :puppy_dog_eyes: :coffee:

Ni Te Fi Se

MBTI Type
INxJ
I've read that it's best for you INTJs to approach your own Fi via your Te function; I guess something like this:

"It's important for me to get in touch with my own inner values. I shall schedule some time to do this. Which activities can I participate in to help me to do this efficiently and effectively?"

No, thanks.

Quite a few INFJs possess the tendency to care too much. The martyr syndrome isn't very robotic either.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Actually, to get to my Fi I tried to ignore Te.
All the data from Ni had to go somewhere without Te's compulsive desire to ask why.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ

I don't think this would work, for me.
I don't know what my inner values are well enough to schedule around them.
On top of that, I'm too introverted to "plan to go out", when I go out it's usually just a random "I feel like it" moment (that is going out alone, of course if it's with someone else, planning is usually required).

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Your two cents is on the money. (Indeed, INTJs probably make the mistake of interacting more with that inner robot than with the Fe.)

On the Te-to-Fi idea, I mean something like, such Fi as is there is (something like) in service to the Te, so if Te is ignored, Fi is... adrift?

Thinking probably won't answer a why question about tertiary feeling, but feeling will promote a particular line of thinking direction... maybe. Feeling will help you choose one strategy over another? So ignoring such plans and strategies and ideas the INTJ has, is in fact ignoring the feeling he has?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's the point of doing this anyways? Do you just want to experience the "Feeling?" If you go about your daily lives and apply the Fi and Te then you will experience a good amount.

Here is an example of how to embrace your Fi perhaps. Say that you like to ride your bicycle, you like to ride it because you get to observe your surroundings and you get in shape. Well, why not today do something extra with that bike ride? Say you take a different way because it seems prettier, or maybe you decide to go a different way because you felt like you wanted to be adventurous. Little things like that that will spark emotions within you, that is embracing your inferior feeling.

And as for the INFJ robot theory, my best friend is one and I often times see this robot in action. It's not just you guys that see it. ;)

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Indeed, INTJs probably make the mistake of interacting more with that inner robot than with the Fe.

Not really, the Fe is pretty refreshing to me. And I think the Te in INTJs is refreshing to the INFJs. It's a mutual relationship, both secondary functions feeding the others third function. With Ni supplying the understanding, which is important, because Ni is very important. Personally I feel distant if someone doesn't understand or trust "gut instincts."

On the Te-to-Fi idea, I mean something like, such Fi as is there is (something like) in service to the Te, so if Te is ignored, Fi is... adrift?

I always though of the functions like this (but I'm not an expert):
~First function feeds second and third.
~First and second are how the individual primarily deals with the world.
~Third is relaxing, although it is third, and not as powerful or developed as the first and second. I think it's called the "aspiration" function?
~Fourth is what acts up when the individual is stressed. Largely ignored.

Hmm here is an intersting site I just found,
My MBTI Personality Type - Understanding MBTI Type Dynamics - The Eight Function-Attitudes
and
My MBTI Personality Type - Understanding MBTI Type Dynamics

Thinking probably won't answer a why question about tertiary feeling, but feeling will promote a particular line of thinking direction... maybe. Feeling will help you choose one strategy over another? So ignoring such plans and strategies and ideas the INTJ has, is in fact ignoring the feeling he has?

When you ignore an INTJs strategies and ideas, they are probably more tied into Ni not Fi. If an INTJ had to choose one strategy over the other they would probably rely on their intuition not their feeling. Although Ni and Fi get mixed up a lot, and I'm just as confused as most people about that one. It's hard to place labels on things with INTJs when differentiating between Ni and Fi.

I guess this confusion is summarized by the old saying,
"It's just my gut feeling."
Is that intuition or feeling? Heh.

MBTI Type
INxJ
It's a mutual relationship, both secondary functions feeding the others third function. With Ni supplying the understanding, which is important, because Ni is very important. Personally I feel distant if someone doesn't understand or trust "gut instincts."

True.

Yet, I think Te and Fe bump heads more often than cooperate. Organizing the outer world, is often a point of contention for my INFJ gf and I. I've read similar experiences on INTJf. For us, it's really a maturity issue, but hopefully we grow out of it in time.

Nonetheless, I'm able to organize her thoughts when no one else understands. We also have similar bad habits from Se. I think we really get each other when we set aside Fe vs Te. I will agree with the mutual relationship statement.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
What's the point of doing this anyways?

Long standing disagreement with the word "gooey" as applied to me.

Here is an example of how to embrace your Fi perhaps. Say that you like to ride your bicycle, you like to ride it because you get to observe your surroundings and you get in shape. Well, why not today do something extra with that bike ride? Say you take a different way because it seems prettier, or maybe you decide to go a different way because you felt like you wanted to be adventurous. Little things like that that will spark emotions within you, that is embracing your inferior feeling.

Spy! Spy! You've been spying!

That is indeed exactly what I use my bike for. Every ride deliberately includes paths seen before but not yet traveled.

EDIT: I haven't thought too clearly why I prefer that in a ride--I just know that I do and that or something like it is often an essential part of feeling good about the day. "I saw something new, I did something different, and it wasn't random because the new part of it now fits into a larger puzzle, and I feel good" kinda result. The bike ride thing often includes taking turns at likely spots and keeping on rolling with a target in mind, a road "over there" that I expect to find if I keep moving in the right direction, and meanwhile soaking in the new environment. I do fairly regularly get lost and anxious, and a little tiny bit heroic, say, an hour later when I finally find the way home. (Laugh all you like, dear reader, but I ride in the Chinese countryside.)

And as for the INFJ robot theory, my best friend is one and I often times see this robot in action. It's not just you guys that see it. ;)

Okay, well you knew about the bike thing, so welcome to the Sees Through INFJ Smokescreens Club.

My God, I hope the INFJ's don't have a club... the things they could be cooking up around their witch's kettles.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Every time I read this topic title I feel nauseous and think "what a terrible myth to perpetuate". Then I think of melting innards and what that would look like.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I personally love it when an INTJ either decides to drop the wall of Te or is unable to sustain said wall so I can get to the Fi. It's a very special moment which is much appreciated from our side (we're willing to wait for it though :))

You should also realize that to some people, that Te wall is transparant and they can actually see what lies behind it, it's just not possible to get to it from the get-go. Hence the desire to get there...they know it's there :alttongue:

INTJs that have a weaker Fi-'flame' also feel colder, though I've never known there not at least to be a spark.