• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTJ: gooey on the inside

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm okay now.

Hmmm. Stable, nice, generally good. To be perceived as.

It's possible I care to be perceived this way, but I'm not immediately aware of it. I'm not entirely aware that I care to be perceived as anything.

The only time I've been aware of caring about perception was, oh, six or so months ago. A new guy came to work here. I don't know his type, but he took an instant dismissive dislike to me. He was a go-getter, an achiever, and some kind of slight to do with a girl he was dating turned him against me. I knew the girl vaguely as a friend and took some interest in the relationship and, bam!, I was disliked.

Never had that happen before, and it was upsetting. Push come to shove, we could work together, but there was this huge misperception of motive, I think, and it couldn't really be budged, and wouldn't have been if other things hadn't intervened.

Wait-- we're still talking boobs?

. :cheese:
( . | . )

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
aww...ya poor thing. :)
they are nice to have...haha

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
No I mean you should look down... in rl.. ( o Y o )

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm okay now.

Hmmm. Stable, nice, generally good. To be perceived as.

It's possible I care to be perceived this way, but I'm not immediately aware of it. I'm not entirely aware that I care to be perceived as anything.

The only time I've been aware of caring about perception was, oh, six or so months ago. A new guy came to work here. I don't know his type, but he took an instant dismissive dislike to me. He was a go-getter, an achiever, and some kind of slight to do with a girl he was dating turned him against me. I knew the girl vaguely as a friend and took some interest in the relationship and, bam!, I was disliked.

Never had that happen before, and it was upsetting. Push come to shove, we could work together, but there was this huge misperception of motive, I think, and it couldn't really be budged, and wouldn't have been if other things hadn't intervened.

I see what you mean. But since INTjs do use Fi as a tertiary function, it's obviously not prevalent but it still is there consciously. That inner moral compass is something that I have seen INTjs want to have known among their peers, even if that subtle idealism isn't particularly displayed, but inferred through their displayed logical behavior.

Wait-- we're still talking boobs?

. :cheese:
( . | . )

Come on now. Proper boobs involve theta.
(ΘYΘ)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No I mean you should look down... in rl.. ( o Y o )
oh! ha! :D i'm confused then...what's he talking about...oh hell i don't think i care...never mind.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I see what you mean. But since INTjs do use Fi as a tertiary function, it's obviously not prevalent but it still is there consciously. That inner moral compass is something that I have seen INTjs want to have known among their peers, even if that subtle idealism isn't particularly displayed, but inferred through their displayed logical behavior.

Actually, I think we're inclined to pronouncements on occasion. I am. The idea of tertiary function being the relief function makes sense to me in terms of me finding it valuable and good to talk in ways that summarise or develop the value of something done or something that happened. Or will happen.

It could be gooey, I suppose. But I don't want it to be. I want it to be harsh and severe, and therefore valuable. Maybe "austere" and "beautiful" are better terms.

Freaks me out when people want to call that gooey. Like it is diminished.

Come on now. Proper boobs involve theta.
(ΘYΘ)

In these matters, every man must face his gods alone.

Both of them.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Fi.
Sometimes it's nice to relax in. Other times it beats you up if you perform against it, your own personal set of rules. Morals I guess.

It's there with most INTJs, but some accept it's existence better than others.

It's true though, until the person is comfortable with you, you won't see it's true form. You'll see it's shadow here and there, but never the full picture (even with warm INTJs). Obviously the object itself is fragile, so it only likes to be seen by those who it knows won't hurt it.

There's some sort of wall created by Te that doesn't allow Fi to be seen, and if seen only through shadows. Of course some people can inteript the shadow and have a better idea of the full object, but they still haven't witnessed the real thing.

INTJs, creating Te walls to protect their Fi teddy bear stuffing since the dawn of man.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
It's true though, until the person is comfortable with you, you won't see it's true form. You'll see it's shadow here and there, but never the full picture (even with warm INTJs). Obviously the object itself is fragile, so it only likes to be seen by those who it knows won't hurt it.
Wonderfully said. Very poetic. And it's true.
So far, this is the best description of how it works. :yes:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, now this is perfect.
We do have nice traits, but we don't let everybody see them (equally). Also it depends on how balanced an INTJ is. *greetings to BC, Scat and DM* :tongue:

*feels all warm inside* :wubbie:

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
"You're a kind man," I've had people say to me. Young female students, mostly. It's flattering, but seems to miss a point. So, "Oh, I'm not kind," I'll warn them in reply. "You care about us," they'll say.

I've had ENFJs mistake me for someone who cares about others too.

I've heard ESFJs and ENFPs say there's a gooey center inside an INTJ.

I have even, for the love of God, had people call me warm-hearted.

I think of myself more as cut down for speed and not going anywhere.

So, sure, yeah, what people are zeroing in on is the inner feeling. It's in a tertiary position so it comes out mostly as a great interest in saying what is and isn't valuable. It doesn't come out as flowers and hugs, but as statements of principle that I feel involved with. And that's some fine lovin' right there, yo!

Or am I missing something here, on this journey of self-discovery, the gooey-on-the-inside part? Are you all talking about something outside of my control? Because it sounds like you are. And it's freaky-weird because INTJs are by reputation, and in damn fact, utilitarian to a fault and spare. The only reason your not all in cages drinking Rufie/E cocktails is we have that weak Se.

What the hell are you guys talking about?!

And yes, I already recognise my "upset" tone here as coming from that gooey inside and the warning it's giving me I'm taking a chance no-one will answer straight. But I'm still not willing to call it a gooey center because the true path to it is through the Te overlord, and that guy don't do goo.
I get this frequently too. My ENFJ and ENFP friends think I'm a very caring person and that I go out of my way to help others. My ISTJ dad thinks I'm too nice to others. And I don't quite understand why. The only thing I really try to do is to be a decent person.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Fi is individual, right? Some general trends can be expected based on type--like, for example, I presume most INTJs will value independence and freedom from constraint--but any one person's Fi will be in significant part a product of their experiences and environment, yeah?

I do have a particular sense that I want to be useful. Along with some riders about freedom from constraint and maintaining independence, I like the idea that I can be used. (Looked at from the negative side, that means I can be pedantic and overbearing, expecting to be listened to and to some degree, obeyed.) So I observe too that a secret informant--let's call him Deep Heart--has warned me, people saying there's a gooey center to INTJs is them seeing a needy feelings shadow...

And now DM and Gargles say so too.

What the hell is this thing?!

It's... feelings? Nothing more than feelings?

Trying to forget my feelings of love?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You want to act like a good person because of your Fi. If you don't act accordingly you will break one of your inner laws and it will bother you. Welcome to Fi, you have seen the light Mr. Healthy INTJ. :D

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In contrast, we INFJs have a cold, hard, inner Thinking side which we also prefer to conceal from others, often behind a wall of niceness or politeness.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
You want to act like a good person because of your Fi. If you don't act accordingly you will break one of your inner laws and it will bother you. Welcome to Fi, you have seen the light Mr. Healthy INTJ. :D

Exactly.

Inner rules that make you feel bad when you break them. Also Fi is relaxing. It's nice to feel things. This reminds me of that one thread... where it was about INTJs and crying. Lemme get it hmm...

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactly.

Inner rules that make you feel bad when you break them. Also Fi is relaxing. It's nice to feel things. This reminds me of that one thread... where it was about INTJs and crying. Lemme get it hmm...

Again, the opposite is true for me. Ti can be relaxing because it's nice not to feel things sometimes (but only for short periods).