First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Hmm, I think it has a lot to do with your tertiary Fi.

Here's an example that will hopefully elucidate:

I'm an ENFP, and hence have auxiliary Fi and tertiary Te, my warmth and gooey-ness is therefore more apparent, partly due to my extraversion, and mostly due to my Fi. As happy-go-lucky as I am, people (often) can immediately see/feel my warmth.

For you guys, your gooeyness/kindness/gentleness is not so apparent, but it's there, granted deep inside of you.

Once you find someone whom you trust and love, you'll let that person in, and then, and only then, will they see/feel/experience that beautiful aspect to your personalities.

This is a really good response. Let's face it we are softies on the inside regardless as to what we might reveal in most situations. Once we let people into our "circle", we're fiercely loyal. We're sentimental, romantics at heart, forgiving, and stand up for others, especially if we think they are being treated unfairly. We have very strong feelings and we do really care about people. People see through the shell, particularly when they get to know us well. At least, that's what I think.

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, maybe. I think "gooey" sounds wrong for the way it ignores the hardass, isolationist aspect of, particularly tertiary, Fi. Yeah sure, we have the inner idiot puppy dog eyes, the naive child who wants to hug, but even that part grows up eventually. And it does have to grow up, for if it stays gooey, then it's really an abdication of higher level functions and WON'T LAST LONG!
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    This is a really good response. Let's face it we are softies on the inside regardless as to what we might reveal in most situations. Once we let people into our "circle", we're fiercely loyal. We're sentimental, romantics at heart, forgiving, and stand up for others, especially if we think they are being treated unfairly. We have very strong feelings and we do really care about people. People see through the shell, particularly when they get to know us well. At least, that's what I think.
    Well, no. I'm loyal if I "let someone in", which is really rare, but I'm not a "softie", I stand up for myself and not others, I mostly don't care about individuals, and most importantly: I'm not forgiving. I do not forgive and do not forget.

Maybe it's time to change types, or abandon the MBTI.

Isnt this the E's patronizing pantaloons spake of I like thee and will have you via the glorious wordage of thy own egos as its exactly what they wanton desire whether you like it or not.

I could be wrong
    ive my gravy doubts

Personally if what you say is true I have little idea of what those basket cases spake of and shall ready the birch
    I asked it once, "What are you doing on Earth?" It said, "Listen, if you're a mushroom, you live cheap; besides, I'm telling you, this was a very nice neighborhood until the monkeys got out of control."

O_o

Ok, what dialect is this? I don't understand shit of your posts, though I really want to.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Im my experience of INTJ's, they are not gooey at all, rather they have their own sparing use of empathy, feeling and rationed sympathy via Fi, which seems to me by its very nature, to be self preservatory, and hoarding of its own self. cant blame it really, I see Fi as somehow finite and INTJ's know it, therefore they save their feeling and concern for deserving cases, but do not waste energy on lesser matters.
    They are not soft nor gooey, but rather, they make efficient use of their feeling, as they make efficient use of everything else. (Goodewitch... NOT swooning over the thought of gooeyness in INTJ's since 1970)
    G. x
    My INFJ license is regulary revoked,.. I am a sometime refugee in the INTJ holding centre.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Well, no. I'm loyal if I "let someone in", which is really rare, but I'm not a "softie", I stand up for myself and not others, I mostly don't care about individuals, and most importantly: I'm not forgiving. I do not forgive and do not forget.

Maybe it's time to change types, or abandon the MBTI.
    I can only speak to personal experience. As I've gotten older, taken on more responsibilities, been in a position of greater power and influence, and had children, what I realized is that the ability to truly "move mountains" can only be done with and through others. That changes how your operate as an INTJ considerably (at least it has for me). My type has been tested consistently over the last 15 - 20 years, and I don't believe that it has or will ever change. I believe MBTI is a useful tool for INTJs for two reasons:
    1. for self development
    2. by combining intuition with a logical framework - that is MBTI, and adapting a habit of soliciting input from other people more, it allows an INTJ to make up for the natural tendency to ignore the views and feelings of others (which is a strength and can also be a very big weakness)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I dated an INTJ guy once. He was the biggest asshole and at the same time the nicest most caring guy I've ever known.

Explain this to me sir.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by milkyway2 View Post
    I dated an INTJ guy once. He was the biggest asshole and at the same time the nicest most caring guy I've ever known.

Explain this to me sir.
    Um, well... I'm not sure. I think lots of people can act like assholes. What did he do? INTJs enjoy direct conversations that get to the heart of a situation which can sometimes feel to others like they are being confrontational. I also think for INTJ and INFJ, that eruptions of the inferior can be more intense than for other types. There is also this thing called maturity.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by milkyway2 View Post

Explain this to me sir.
    I've fell out with an INTP in the past. Te versus Ti.

Result > she wouldnt speak to me for weeks because I had upset her. After several weeks I wouldn't speak to her when she decided all was forgiven because I viewed it as a relationship that would always be doomed to failure.

I do love you guys though; We just need to remember to withdraw from the discussion once our Te starts to become too much for our Ni to handle and our friends the INTPs need to bear in mind that we challenge ideas because it is how we learn what to use them for and what their value is.