• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Thinkotard moments

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Name your Thinkatard moments!

The one that sticks out to me was I remember when I was 13 years old I really liked a song so I decided to type out how the beat went to a friend saying doo's and dah's. Then I realized how totally retarded that was and laughed.

Share yours!

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
When I go to an ATM, if I think first before punching in my code, I will mix up the numbers repeatedly.

Same with phone numbers.

I need to do it by following the pattern the numbers make on the board in order to do it quickly.

I don't think that I'm dyslexic and was an early reader so it must have to do with something else. Numbers just don't exist for me and have no meaning.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I drove past a Target store a while ago and stared at the sign. I couldn't figure out what the red and white circles were for. What's a target and why's that the name of the store? Why the red circle in the middle? What? Oh god, what? I tried looking away and stared at my steering wheel for a second. I knew it had something in common with this "target".

Ironically, I still didn't get it as I flipped through my mentalpic dictionary. It took a while, maybe some hours or a day, to figure it out.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quite a few teachers suspected I was dyslexic (or had some other learning disablitiy). Long story...anywhoo, it shows up particularly when I'm tired. I joined this forum fairly late one night, into the wee hours, hence the fairly spectacular spelling mistake for a name. I think that a fairly good example of my thinkotard moments.
You know you will never see a feelotard thread...just putting the idea out there.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
There would be too many examples. No point. I could recite multiple events per day, in fact a lot of my interactions could be perceived as feeler-tarded.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I was like 8 I was at some kid's birthday party, and to this day I don't know why I blew out his birthday candles after they counted down 3, 2, 1! It wasn't my birthday, but my brain just momentarily forgot that. The staff at the chuck e. cheese or whatever equivalent place we were at just stared, incredulous, for a moment and then relit the candles without a word. ^_^

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I stand corrected:D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Last week I was trying to open a padlock to a storage unit. The lock is one of those that you do a combination to and then it will open.

I was opening this over the phone with my dad, he told me the combination: "Ok go clockwise until you hit 7, counter clockwise to 25, then clockwise to 10."

I tried this over and over again. I fixed it by realizing finally that I got clockwise and counter clockwise mixed up after about 15 minutes of standing there.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Last week I was trying to open a padlock to a storage unit. The lock is one of those that you do a combination to and then it will open.

I was opening this over the phone with my dad, he told me the combination: "Ok go clockwise until you hit 7, counter clockwise to 25, then clockwise to 10."

I tried this over and over again. I fixed it by realizing finally that I got clockwise and counter clockwise mixed up after about 15 minutes of standing there.
I think that could be classified as a sensotard moment.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What a great idea for a thread! I loved the "sensotard moments" over at the NT Rationale.

However, I find I'm having difficulties separating my Thinkotard from my Sensotard moments. The latter are obvious to me, probably because Sensing is my inferior function. I do have major probelms with passwords and PIN numbers, just as Anja described. I'm fine if I don't think about it and let my fingers do the walking, so to speak. But if I stop and try to think what the number is it slips from my mind totally, or scrambles randomly. I've been locked out of numerous systems (including this forum) for that reason, as well as having my ATM card sucked up on a few occasions. Weirdly, as soon as this has happened the correct code pops into my head and I'm left wondering how I could have been so stupid!