• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Hey ENFPs...question for ya

simpleamazement

MBTI Type
istj
Enneagram
I have noticed there are are a whole lot of INTJs looking for their ENFP soulmate (especially on the internet), but it seems that ENFPs usually pass them up. Why is this? Is it because their strong desire of you pushes you away? What do you think?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Really? Where?? :looks around:

I'M SINGLE!!!

LOL.

Is it because their strong desire of you pushes you away? What do you think?

Um, what? No. No one's strong desire of me will push me away. If anything it would catch my attention or draw me more towards them.

Do INTJs pursue ENFPs IRL? Or do you mean just online from what you've seen?

What website is this? Are they askng for ENFPs specifically?

I think there probably just aren't enough people who are familiar with MBT theory and types that would make a 'by type' dating site viable.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
... See, I love INTJs and would be totally interested in dating one eventually. I just kind of figured -they- would be the ones organizing things. Remember, we're the ones that get excited about a project but never finish it. There's probably some ENFP out there with half-finished code for an ENFP-INTJ website...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? Where?? :looks around:

I'M SINGLE!!!

LOL.

Um, what? No. No one's strong desire of me will push me away. If anything it would catch my attention or draw me more towards them.

Do INTJs pursue ENFPs IRL? Or do you mean just online from what you've seen?

What website is this? Are they askng for ENFPs specifically?

I think there probably just aren't enough people who are familiar with MBT theory and types that would make a 'by type' dating site viable.

saw this the other day and saved it to show a friend...haven't looked at it but if you want to...
TypeTango Myers Briggs Personality Theory Dating Personals

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but just from the ones i've seen on here they don't seem to like enfp's much...maybe i'm missing something.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've always had INTJ friends but I've never dated one. It's a lot of work to get to the creamy center of an INTJ. (which would probably be the hook for an ENFP) In my experience they also give up more easily.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
first off... where are all of these INTJs
second... i dont want a relationship online
third...ever

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I met my husband online in 1990.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
In reply to everyone except Elaur:

Bullshit.

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

Bullshit.

Bull.

Sheet.

Buddy o mine, ENFP, met an INTJ. He said it was the most important thing in his life. So he made a plan. He would explain to the girl that he had some other people to care for too. And he'd tell her that she was still important to him. I forget exactly what words he said he'd use to explain this to her, I just remember on hearing them, exclaiming, "Yeah, sure, if you want to tear her heart out!"

Cunning plan. Totally honest. Compelling and reasonable.

Looked at in the best possible light, he just hadn't P'd on enough of the world yet. Hadn't seen enough, done enough, touched as many as he might. Scared silly that he'd fuck it up and be raked over his own coals.

But in a lot of ways he's a scared guy to begin with, so I guess he made a suitable choice.

The only thing going for him is he doesn't always lie to her. So she has some kind of chance to begin seeing him for what he is. For a while I kept telling him his best shot was to tell her the truth, all of it, every time, to let her do what she does best.

"I don't want to hurt her," he said.

"You're gonna be really, really surprised what does and doesn't hurt an INTJ," I told him.

That was some months ago. I kept my nose out of the rest of it so I don't know what happened.

Yes, he does represent all of you. You should include something in the next memo.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...you're right i have no idea actually.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
I have noticed there are are a whole lot of INTJs looking for their ENFP soulmate (especially on the internet), but it seems that ENFPs usually pass them up. Why is this? Is it because their strong desire of you pushes you away? What do you think?

Being new, and just starting to get an idea of the types, perhaps its because it seems like, at least to me over the last few days, a lot of NT's are kinda jerkfaces. Sorry - no offense to the non-jerkface NT's. And, they seem to have a real disdain for ENFP's...

Maybe? No? Yeah? :shock:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Being new, and just starting to get an idea of the types, perhaps its because it seems like, at least to me over the last few days, a lot of NT's are kinda jerkfaces. Sorry - no offense to the non-jerkface NT's. And, they seem to have a real disdain for ENFP's...

Maybe? No? Yeah? :shock:

I think NTs for the most part like ENFPs. But when there is a thread titled "Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!" we will most likely tell the truth and what we think about the type stereotype in general. We are often very quick to provide criticism.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
I think NTs for the most part like ENFPs. But when there is a thread titled "Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!" we will most likely tell the truth and what we think about the type stereotype in general. We are often very quick to provide criticism.

Yes, and in droves. Did an alert go out to the NT network on that one? :cheese:

mackie

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yeah... my expierence is that if you don't want to know the real aswer to "does my ass look big in these pants?" don't ask a NT ;) ...

Well I can only imagine that NF's would be quick with criticism when ENFP's invite them to shoot af them... haha......and my experiencd is that NF's don't mean the criticism in a bad way.. more in a constructive manner, but we just take it bad cause we are so much more sensitive.... I guess it just comes down to that when a INTJ and a ENFP criticise, it doesn't mean the same, and that causes misunderstandings... well I might be wrong :)

But my feeling is that ENFP's and INTJ's in generel like each other... probably because we are so different on many aspect... but I don't blame INTJ's to be fet up and confused with ENFPs hehe... but we all know that they are just being sílly and need a BIIIG hug... even though they don't know it and don't want it ;)

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Yeah... my expierence is that if you don't want to know the real aswer to "does my ass look big in these pants?" don't ask a NT ;) ...

Well I can only imagine that NF's would be quick with criticism when ENFP's invite them to shoot af them... haha......and my experiencd is that NF's don't mean the criticism in a bad way.. more in a constructive manner, but we just take it bad cause we are so much more sensitive.... I guess it just comes down to that when a INTJ and a ENFP criticise, it doesn't mean the same, and that causes misunderstandings... well I might be wrong :)

But my feeling is that ENFP's and INTJ's in generel like each other... probably because we are so different on many aspect... but I don't blame INTJ's to be fet up and confused with ENFPs hehe... but we all know that they are just being sílly and need a BIIIG hug... even though they don't know it and don't want it ;)

Be careful there - you may lose a digit from attempting the "hug" with them. I KID! I KID! :devil:

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
'Coz my Dad is an INTJ and I don't find arrogance attractive.
(LOL - I jest, I jeeest. I know not all of you are like this - but my experience with NT's says that once they are convinced of something? No amount of reasoning short of 36 different reference websites and a hefty novel will change their mind)
:BangHead:

second... i dont want a relationship online
third...ever

What he said.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Absolutely love INTJs and have my very own, thank you very much. Oh, and of course, we met online..best place to find one ;)

mackie

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have my own INTJ too ;) ... and... well at least ENFP girls can make INTJ's change their mind or loose an argument... cause we have the most powerful argument ever! :

".. so [insert your favorite INTJs name here] I totally see your point there... but look!... how cute I am with this little hat... and.. ooohhhh... that bunny is sooo soft... :)..."

.. and the INTJ have to acknowledge his defeat :banana: