123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Default What do you think of INFPs?

This is one of the questions that I wonder about constantly. (Do other INFPs also think about this often?)

Perhaps it's because I spend so much time trying to figure others out and feel I cannot do it for myself.

I'm not quite sure, but please, any insight/perspective/opinion would be great. What do you like and what don't you like about us? What's the good and the bad?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well, I like the fact that I enjoy learning about people and understanding them. It's one of the most fun things to do. I admit I do it for selfish reasons though. Understanding others allows me to understand myself a little better. I'm starting to realize now how much more fufilling life is when you have good relationships with other people.

So I'd say that's a plus for us, right?
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    ESTJ

I have liked almost every INFP I've gotten the chance to talk to.

Its hard to approach them sometimes. I think its much easier one on one but yeah...

The things I -don't- like about INFPs are:

- Too easy to overlook.
    - Seem a little indifferent to your existance if they don't know you well.
    - Never seem terribly approachable unless you catch them at just the right time.
    - Too hard on themselves.
    - Don't assert themselves often enough.

Otherwise I really like INFPs. They almost always have a unique way of looking at things and are surprisingly silly. I really enjoy talking to them. I wish you would make yourselves stick out more in a crowd!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I know that I can spend so much time analyzing actions and emotions around me that energy that might be used for expression of my own is sapped. Some people have told me (implied, mostly) that I am cold and unfeeling.

We can be a law unto ourselves if we lead ourselves to believe that there is a perfect distillation of emotion that has to be expressed by others for their feelings to be valid.

Others of my type? I've met genuinely compassionate INFPs and I've met those that are really rude and self-centered. There are too many factors for me at this point to make any new/meaningful statement about the +/-'s for our type.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

We're the awesomest awesome that was ever awesome! (Oh no! Maybe I'm ENFP, LOL)

Seriously though folks, of all the other INFP's I've ever met, IRL and online, the first thing I notice when talking (or reading), is how thoughtful they are. And how beautifully strung together their words are, like a gorgeous string of pearls, and how slowly they speak (unless excited).
    INFP's have goregous eyes too, like you can see the very depths of their souls, and they can see into yours.They also seem like they contain the wisdom of the ages, so they are old souls too. INFP eyes are unmistakable,(excepting myself, my eyes scare the hell out of me.)
    The INFP's are also the very epitome of reasonable (again, excepting myself), but they are just the ones I met. I never had a problem with them, but I know others who have. Let's just say when we dig our feet in, all hell breaks loose, but I'm not sure if that's just because it's so unexpected.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think of INFPs as wonderful, kind hearted Mother Teresa types however I don't tend to get along with them very well. They seem too controlling for me and they seem like hound dogs on a scent trail, once they get their mind set in one direction they're tough to get to see any other option, choice, solution and so on. They also seem all too willing to not work out a problem in an effort to just avoid it and sweep it under the rug.

So in short, I think they're great objectively but very tough for me to get along with due to the type of person I am.

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Let's just say when we dig our feet in, all hell breaks loose, but I'm not sure if that's just because it's so unexpected.
    hehe, INFP-ENFP arguments can be funny though. They seem to burn out really quick sometimes. It's like, "I get it." "Oh, so do I." Were we arguing? Nah, I don't think so, just seemed like it.

I think INFPs can be a bit like Silent Bob too. When they speak that occasional line of wisdom they speak it well. I have learnt many wise things from them.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    They seem too controlling for me
    For real? lol

In what way?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Yeah, I'm curious about the controlling thing as well. I agree with everything else TusconENTP said.

MBTI
    ENTP

is it just me or through few personal encounters its pretty hard to become friends with INFP? usually i don't have the patience to wait long to become friends with somebody, thus leading to not being friends at all in the end.