User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 39 of 39

  1. #31
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post

    -- Idealise themselves as most caring (just like INTPs tend to idealize that they are the smartest).

    -- Loves to take pity on people, so they will feel protective and "loving' over them, thus boosting their own ego.
    Not this one, I don't think INFP's are the most caring type since they have introverted feeling which is more about how they feel than how others feel.

    I only care on the inside, therefore I am not the most caring.

    Nor do I think we take pity on people to have some kind of ego boost, we just feel pity for people, or at least I do and it's not so that I can feel good about who I am, because I have pitied people before and that pity has disgusted me and made me even more unhappy with myself for doing so.

    Agreed with everything else, just not these two.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  2. #32
    Magical BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Get a high over knowing people intimately, yet they withhold from letting people know them completely.
    If we care enough about someone we will let them get to know us completely. If you were on the receiving end of this it's understandable why you think we totally hold back.

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Their social cause is EVERYTHING to them. They get really passionate talking about it.
    Not sure what you mean here.

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Feel slightly at odds with the world; a bit insecure about whether people like them or not.
    Yes, all true.

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Gentle, retreating.
    Yep.

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Easily offended with things that clash with their values.
    You can train yourself to take some abuse, but not very much. In that window of opportunity where you aren't offended you oftentimes have to just go away... Very quickly. I do this when I see people drinking, doing drugs etc. I also do this when I see slutty people. You are basically correct here.

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Idealise themselves as most caring (just like INTPs tend to idealize that they are the smartest).
    The capacity for caring has to do with the person, not the type.

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Loves to take pity on people, so they will feel protective and "loving' over them, thus boosting their own ego.
    It hardly works. Most people don't appreciate being pitied, and even if I do pity them then I don't show it. It's not really an ego boost.

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Intelligent
    Why thank you kind sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Articulate. Extremely good at explaining the nuance of things.
    Once again correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Values logic only if it meshes with their ideals. Ideals come first, logic is secondary.
    Not necessarily. The voice of what we want to do is a lot louder than the voice of logic, but oftentimes it's best to follow the voice of logic. If you can get away with it then we usually follow what we want to do, but keywords are IF YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IT.

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Ignores/denies what you say if it strongly clashes with their ideals and only pay attention (and even validate) what meshes with their ideals.
    Nope. I'll argue for something, and say why I think it isn't right. I won't downright ignore someone, what would the point of that be?

    Quote Originally Posted by groovejet02 View Post
    Must feel that they are involved in a social group aimed at a greater cause in order to feel alive.
    This sounds very stereotypical, I highly doubt it's true. I've never been in a group aimed toward a higher cause. The most I've ever felt alive was at summer camp when I was a teen, I felt like an individual, I had some freedoms, I was in the outdoors with friends.

    Most of these points come from stereotypes, where did you get all of these anyways? If someone just followed what they themselves valued in life then they would lead an unsuccessful, difficult and confusing life.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #33
    Senior Member Rangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8
    Posts
    319

    Default

    My mom and sister are INFPs. My dad and I are ENTJs. I like you guys a lot.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Anja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    2,967

    Default

    I'll comment on Groove's saying that we love to take pity on people to satisfy our egos. I think for a while I thought that I got my worth from whatever I could do to help people.

    But time has a way of helping us to realize that our self-worth has to come from within. And then we reach a place where we are able to help because it simply feels good to us.

    I've never gotten much satisfaction from trying to make someone feel less than I. Mostly that's their own reaction and not an attempt on my part. You really can't make someone feel inferior without their permission.

    Edit; That last sentence is courtesy of Eleanor Roosevelt.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

  5. #35
    Senior Member r0wo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    186

    Default

    -- Loves to take pity on people, so they will feel protective and "loving' over them, thus boosting their own ego.
    I am definitely protective of those within my inner circle, I am quiet and nice most of the time, but the moment one of mine are attacked, I am liable to bite the prepetrator's head off.

    Although I don't think it boosts my ego o.O
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...

  6. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I don't think I've met other INFPs but in my opinion and being one myself, they are easily stereotyped.

    I love INFPs!
    I feel like people doesn't understand how strong they really are. They can easily love and they think with their heart. Emotions are a hassle sometimes but to the INFP, it's their way of making decisions and using it to better help society and humanity. Very empathetic.

    Also they're really accepting of people. Whatever person you are, they will understand you and maybe even appreciate your existence (unless you're evil xD).

    I think fellow INFPs would do better by improving their communication skills and voicing their honest opinions cause I think they can be really harsh if they weren't sugar coating things all the time or always tending to other people's needs (but I guess that's what we do best).

    INFPs, keep being you and don't ever let the world get you down ^^

  7. #37
    Cosmic Storm Cat Brainz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ENxP
    Enneagram
    973 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    3,238

    Default

    I think INFPs can be very kind, creative and intelligent souls who are incorrectly stereotyped as being cry babies who are incapable of dealing with the world. INFPs can be surprisingly combative and aggressive contrary to stereotypes.
    http://kevan.org/jh/cat+brainze

    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Cat+Brainze

    Everyone beloved inventor cat

    I give the people what they want nothing more nothing less

    Ether embrace change and advance or stay in the stone age

    9w1 7w6 3w4
    Likes thepink-cloakedninja liked this post

  8. #38
    Lotus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    I think they're just like anyone else, but with the "INFP" label. Every INFP is different, so naturally there will be some I get along with and some I don't because everyone is an individual with their own personality traits, interests, hobbies, etc.
    "If only every generation would realize that the time for greatness is right now when they’re alive…the time to flower is now."

    – Patti Smith

  9. #39
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEmeraldCanopy View Post
    This is one of the questions that I wonder about constantly. (Do other INFPs also think about this often?)

    Perhaps it's because I spend so much time trying to figure others out and feel I cannot do it for myself.

    I'm not quite sure, but please, any insight/perspective/opinion would be great. What do you like and what don't you like about us? What's the good and the bad?
    My sister is an INFPs. She's really fantastic.
    Sometimes I wish I could be more like her.
    She has a lot of great qualities.
    Because of her, I think INFPs are great.

Similar Threads

  1. [ESTJ] What do you think of ESTJs?
    By JediM05 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 11:18 PM
  2. [MBTItm] What do INTPs think of INFPs
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 06:16 AM
  3. [INFP] INFP's, what do you think of your personality?
    By GZA in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 04:15 PM
  4. Obama's handwriting got revealed... What do you think of his type?
    By IEE623 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 06:51 AM
  5. [SJ] SJs-- what do you think of INFs?
    By helen in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO