User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    I think he was just trying to flirt with you.
    Yer gonna get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    SFs can be romantic, I'm not sure why someone would think they are less so than NFs.
    Certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    well sure there's a right way...meaning come as you are and accept the other person as they are but...i meant that it's not a distinction made by the way a feeler approaches it verses the way a thinker does, which kind of seemed like what you were saying.
    You may be right. I've seen some naive Ts...especially when it comes to love. But it always seems like they learn their lesson after the first time they get hurt. NFs, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    But it always seems like they learn their lesson after the first time they get hurt. NFs, not so much.
    We're more contextual and don't create global rules as quickly. So if one person hurts me one way, the next situation is a new one, and there are all these other possible ways it could go. I sort of battled at explaining it in one of the other threads, but for me it seems to have to change or refine a core value. So unless something deeply rooted in my world view that fits with the rest of the picture is changed, the last situation is just one of the pieces of info brought to the table when considering the new one.

I tend to get caught in trying to understand the person and the problem also, rather than letting go and relieving myself of the emotional pain. I don't like to write people off, and if I'm feeling the urge to, it can be quite unsettling.

In reply to the earlier post on moving on: I tend to hate killing possibilities, and also hate not exploring certain ideas and thoughts. I know in a thread earlier with INFJs it was said they need to move on, so it might be a J thing. Ps often like to leave situations more open than Js, and are more comfortable that way.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yep
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Did I miss the part where it was explained how this was the ENFP's fault and not the ESFJ's? Cuz I gotta admit, i didn't read this thread.

I'm so helpful. *glisten*

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    We're more contextual and don't create global rules as quickly. So if one person hurts me one way, the next situation is a new one, and there are all these other possible ways it could go. I sort of battled at explaining it in one of the other threads, but for me it seems to have to change or refine a core value. So unless something deeply rooted in my world view that fits with the rest of the picture is changed, the last situation is just one of the pieces of info brought to the table when considering the new one.

I tend to get caught in trying to understand the person and the problem also, rather than letting go and relieving myself of the emotional pain. I don't like to write people off, and if I'm feeling the urge to, it can be quite unsettling.

In reply to the earlier post on moving on: I tend to hate killing possibilities, and also hate not exploring certain ideas and thoughts. I know in a thread earlier with INFJs it was said they need to move on, so it might be a J thing. Ps often like to leave situations more open than Js, and are more comfortable that way.
    I see. Seems like a terribly long process.

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Did I miss the part where it was explained how this was the ENFP's fault and not the ESFJ's? Cuz I gotta admit, i didn't read this thread.

I'm so helpful. *glisten*
    They are both to blame for sure :P

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that's just how we do it. we're idealists. every new person is different and each experience unique. we would not give someone less of a chance because the one before hurt or disappointed us in some way.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTJ

Just out of curiosity, how many times has anything or anyone lived up to your ideal?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Never?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha...but people are a work in progress, don't you see....i'm just kidding i have no clue why the hell does it matter to ya anyway?
    -Jim Morrison

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    haha...but people are a work in progress, don't you see....i'm just kidding i have no clue why the hell does it matter to ya anyway?
    omzg.... ebul corrupting woman! Back I say!