MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Imagine an INFP...
    This is a very good description of it I would say. However, the order of our functions makes it seem like we are "designed" for gloom and doom...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

But haven't you guys noticed when the chips are really down, that's when we are absolutely brillant. You know that bit where we've gone through all the gloom and doom,and there's nothing really to lose any more, and every one else has completely given up.
    ?Maybe that's just me. I'm good at that. Very good at salvaging sinking ships.

Isn't the INFP shadow ESTJ? I once did a MBTI test in work mode, and I tested ISTJ, and think that their four main functions are the exact reverse of INFP. The things I do for fun sometimes, LOL.
    Anyhoo, I'm like a scary ISTJ, not a nice one, but it shows up in how obsessive I get in arranging my work space among other things, the great "battle" commander I can be etc.
    Sometimes though, I wish I could take home that excessive tidiness....because I'm very P at home.
    It would be good if they weren't so discordant in my life
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII

Isn't the INFP shadow ESTJ?
    I believe so, I've read it more than once, and I have definetely seen it. When I'm in a group that is working towards a common goal (albeit typically only one that I really care about ie making a film etc) I definitely see myself slip over to my ESTJ shadow. But I'm a nice one!... typically...
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by r0wo1 View Post
    I believe so, I've read it more than once, and I have definetely seen it. When I'm in a group that is working towards a common goal (albeit typically only one that I really care about ie making a film etc) I definitely see myself slip over to my ESTJ shadow. But I'm a nice one!... typically...
    The ESTJ is actually the exact same as an INFP, only in reverse order. According to the theory, the INFP's true "shadow" is the ENFJ. I'd wager that your 4th function also becomes used a lot more heavily when you're acting in your shadow mode as well, though.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    ...I've had to learn how to be assertive..
    Agreed; this is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    A lot of what I think of in myself as "the uglies" is just normal human reaction. It's a distortion of my values system that makes them seem ugly to me.
    Hit the nail on the head with that. To others, feeling annoyed, therefore being annoyed, is normal. To me it feels ... uncomfortable.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Agreed; this is very important.

Hit the nail on the head with that. To others, feeling annoyed, therefore being annoyed, is normal. To me it feels ... uncomfortable.
    Me too. That's an unreasonable rule I picked up somewhere along the way. Don't know where. Probably those messages we get when we're kids.

Stop that crying!
    Don't yell!
    Like that.

Plus all the cultural messages that we get that being angry isn't okay. Put that together with a strong need to feel a sense of connection with others and you get fear of abandonment. Angry= being abandoned?

I know that for me, because of circumstances of my childhood and my need to have harmony in my life, abandonment issues were problematic for a long time.

Hide The Shadow! Someone might leave you if they see it!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Hmmm....apparently I'm the master of suppressing emotions until stressed (not that I've noticed mind you).
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]