User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Oh, I got confused by the "she kind of took me up on my offer to hang out" part. Oops!

I've never known INFJs to invite someone out unless they enjoyed their company, so I'm pretty sure you're doing just fine.
    Yep.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

thanks. she invited me to hang out with her after church last week and I was so excited because she invited me to hang out with her friends too but then I got *really* sick. I was SO upset. I texted her and said I was sorry I wouldn't be there but she was so sweet it was almost like...she didn't remember she'd invited me to lunch? I'm finding I can't go, 'oh, well, life has taught me someone normally responds like this when they're feeling this way' because no matter what she's as sweet as honey. Lol, she says she's not always like that but I'm not sure I believe her yet.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

All of this is really good advice (+1 to all the posts on here I think)

Usually when I dont want someone to be around I tune them out. And the fact that she's inviting YOU is a near sure indicator that she likes your company. (I also rarely turn down invitations from people I'm comfortable with. I only turn them down when I can't make it)

"What is reality?"
    "When you think, do you see shapes in your head?"
    "What do you think is beyond the outer edge of our universe?"

Questioning the fate of mankind is also a pretty interesting one for INFJ:

"Do you think mankind will survive another one-thousand years?"

Stuff like that. I have conversations like this with my INFP friends, and before we know it we're bouncing off the walls. If you are actually interested in discussions like this, that'll be even better -- remember that she can tell when you're being yourself and when you're putting up a front.
    I find that I have conversations a lot like this with my INTP friend... but usually they turn into 'What would you do if you could rule the world?' type conversations.

Anyways, but the difference, I think, in INFP and INFJ in conversations is that INFJs are there for the conversation and the company while INFPs are there more to get their ideas out to someone they can trust.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

They will seek you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

They will seek you out.
    +5

Yup!
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

-Nightwish

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    They will seek you out.
    Yes, they will suddenly be around you a lot, checking you out and waiting for you to notice them and to respond to their shy and quiet initative.

They will tell you what they really feel or think about something and if INFJs truly trusts you you can sometimes hardly shut them up because they are so communicative. However never ridicule them or look bored if they share thoughts and opinions that are very personal and private, they will make a mental note not to let you in again, distance themselves and you will have to work hard to make them open up again.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

They will tell you what they really feel or think about something and if INFJs truly trusts you you can sometimes hardly shut them up because they are so communicative. However never ridicule them or look bored if they share thoughts and opinions that are very personal and private, they will make a mental note not to let you in again, distance themselves and you will have to work hard to make them open up again.
    What's hard is being the INFJ and trying to get to that trust point with another INFJ who probably doesn't have the same feeling about you as you to them. Not to mention they're the busybody INFJ.

-Nightwish

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    What's hard is being the INFJ and trying to get to that trust point with another INFJ who probably doesn't have the same feeling about you as you to them. Not to mention they're the busybody INFJ.
    This would make my head explode. Eww, busybodies..

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Oddly Refined View Post
    This would make my head explode. Eww, busybodies..
    Yeah, the type that HAS to be doing something or feels stifled. I think she gets it from her parents because Ive talked to her sister (Who, I think, is an NFP o some kind) who is the opposite of a busybody, and her parents constantly bug her to quit being lazy. Their whole family is a bunch of great people, though it's hard to get a date with either of the girls when you have to be approved by the parents who one is rarely are able see. I'll be in Finland in a month and a half anyways, I guess.

-Nightwish

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Yes, they will suddenly be around you a lot, checking you out and waiting for you to notice them and to respond to their shy and quiet initative.

My INFJ ex was this way - when I first met him, I took his detached demeanor as disinterest or boredom with others, but as we were around each other every day for months, I came to understand that he only seemed removed. Truthfully, he seemed to feel things very intensely, it was just hard to see sometimes. He appreciated the fact that I gave him his space and didn't get all up in his business all the time. I knew he would come to me when he wanted me. It was funny though, we could be standing around, talking about whatever, and suddenly, he would seize me and kiss me like he hadn't seen me in years. lol Never failed to surprise me.