• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJ - how extroverted ?

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm having a hard time typing this person as ENFJ or INFJ. The ENFJs I know are more openly emotional and bubbly.

This person if very friendly but at the same time reserved. Also a bit "weird" but in a cute way.

She likes to talk to everyone, party, etc but her demeanor does not remind me of a full out ENFJ.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How many nights a week does she go out, or how many times a week does she interact with other people? Because some INFJs do a really good extravert imitation -- but only for a few hours at a time, and usually not every single day.

G

Glycerine

I'm having a hard time typing this person as ENFJ or INFJ. The ENFJs I know are more openly emotional and bubbly.

This person if very friendly but at the same time reserved. Also a bit "weird" but in a cute way.

She likes to talk to everyone, party, etc but her demeanor does not remind me of a full out ENFJ.

This definitely sounds like an INFJ.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say INFJ.
We can be selectively outgoing under certain circumstances.
Also not accounting for % of E or I...

IrishStallion819

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, I guess the first thing to ask is "how big was the party"? Was it a small intimate gathering of up to 10 or so...Or was it more of the college "phrat" Party variety? Remember, Us Infj's are pretty good at "shape-shifting"; basically, This means we can inmitate several different types of personas..

Also, Have you had a chance to see this person's demeaner one on one or once they are stressed? Its important to observe the person, in many different life situations as you can; so you can get a more accurate profile of that person..

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Based only on what you've told us so far, I would venture to guess you have an INFJ on your hands.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'd say INFJ as well. Sort of reminds me of the things I do [except I don't think my 'weird' is cute, I think it's just...plain..weird lol].

It isn't hard to be friendly and 'bubbly' with people, but it does depend on who the person is and it definitely can't be done [for me] for more than a few hours on a daily basis. It wears me out and makes me grumpy.

I've heard, like somebody has mentioned already, that INFJs can 'shift' into other types...sort of like a chameleon, based on the situation presented to them. :)

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I've heard, like somebody has mentioned already, that INFJs can 'shift' into other types...sort of like a chameleon, based on the situation presented to them.

:yes:

And I got to know one of my schoolmates is an INFJ and I would've never guessed that! She seems way more E (enfj), but actually she is very introverted, spends a lot of time alone, but when with company, she's outgoing.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
when conversation is rolling, infjs loooooove to talk.

i have a job where i have to be quite extroverted and i usually go out 3-4 times per week, but i only find it satisfying like half the time. and if i don't drink enough, i get REALLY picky who's around me. it's really obvious every now and then that i'm just not feeling it, and i can't fake it at all or pretend to be interested, and sooner or later i start to get annoyed at others for being nothing but intrusive. i am fortunate that the people around me just accept me as moody or sometimes subdued and do not take offense.

SuperServal

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I agree with everyone else. Sounds like an INFJ. I know that many people have mistaken me for an extrovert before. These were not my close friends though, just acquaintances. One of my absolute favorite things is to make true connections with other people. I love getting to know people, especially if I feel like they are being genuine. I feel like I actually do morph into an extrovert if I continually enjoy my conversations with people. I then start drawing energy from the social interaction. As soon as people start trying to impress each other or become overly theatrical, then the life gets sucked out of everything and it's time to be alone.

If she appears more extroverted when interacting with people who seem to be closer to themselves than when interacting with more theatrical people I'd say INFJ. Though I don't know if it is just me or a universal INFJ trait. I just hate knowing that I'm not talking to the "real" person if I pick up on their false personality (usually put on in social gatherings). Also, I don't know if ENFJs like talking to people who are entertaining but not genuine. It seems to me that they could handle this better than INFJs, though.

Not sure if any of the above makes sense.....:shock:

redacted

I originally thought I was an extrovert. The real measure is Ni vs. Fe.