User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I'm one of nine kids born to an ENFJ and an ENTJ. I am the only other extrovert in the whole family. The only one out of nine kids.

garbage

Every single person in my immediate family--me, mother, father, brother, and sister--is a J. I'm by far the weakest J, but that probably came over time as I saw how retarded it made everyone else (and me, for a long while).

Me, my brother, and my dad are all ENTJs.

My mom's the only introvert and the only sensor. Poor her..

MBTI
    INFJ

Well, I have 5 Js in my immediate family
    Yep, I know how that gooooes...
    "People often Find out the truth, when its too late!!!"

Introverted (I) 78.79% Intuitive (N) 61.54% Feeling (F) 65.85% Judging (J) 60.53%

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    My parents, two brothers & myself ... all I's. Yep, 5 of us.

How improbable is that?

That's nothing. Out of five children and two parents in my family only my father MAY qualify as an extrovert.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Well this is very interesting indeed ... I have never thought much of the genetic components of these traits. Thanks all for your thoughts.

Here are the details of my family:
    istj (dad) +
    isfj (mom) =
    infp (me)
    intj (brother 1)
    isfp (brother 2)

Next generation:
    estj (hubby) +
    infp (me) =
    esfp (son)
    intj (daughter)

See, I introduced an E into the genetic pool, and looky, we got us an E! And he's a E off the scale!

My hubby's family are all Sensors too, and I often feel like a fish outta water in those family gatherings! (No one is trolling for what I consider "deep conversations".)

Wouldn't this make for a fascinating genetic study! Has something like that been done before?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    I'm one of nine kids born to an ENFJ and an ENTJ. I am the only other extrovert in the whole family. The only one out of nine kids.
    Wow, your parents would have taken you kids all over the place, much to the dismay of your introverted sublings I bet LOL!

A genetic theory, potentially tossed out the window already ... BUT WAIT - imagine if you looked at inheritance here the same as eye color. One gene for I, one for E. You get one or the other from each parent to make a pairing. The combos result in actual expression. (OF COURSE, I'm just playing here, all you T's out there, I am not trying to prove anything LOL!)

If you buy the 75% E population vs 25% I, it would mean that E is the dominant trait. Therefore:

I (from your dad) + I (from your mom) = I
    I + E = E
    E + I = E
    E + E = E

3 out of 4 people, E. 75%

Cool..........I just cracked the genetic code for E vs I. My scientific study and accolades forthcoming. You read it here first!

And for tinyarmy's example above, her parents would have been dominant E, but have had E + I for both of their inherited genes. It would have been improbable for so many I + I pairings, but not impossible by any stretch.

Now, I hear you asking, what about I + I = E - same result as other unexpected expressions - the result of natural mutation & deviation.

Just need to find the genes responsible!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Here's a fun read:

TYPE AND GENETICS

Lots of study done already I see LOL!

"There is considerable evidence that whatever the biological foundations to introversion and extraversion are, they have a genetic basis." Link goes on to explain research done on the matter.

And the final paragraph ... interesting!

"Jung suggested that introversion and extraversion themselves had their roots in two basic ways of procreating. One was a broadcasting of many offspring with the hopes that a few would survive, while the second was the birth of a few offspring raised in highly protective conditions. In short, introversion and extraversion would represent two kinds of evolutionary adaptation, two viable ways of surviving in this world. And this kind of inheritance would guarantee that neither one of these patterns would die out, and as a result mankind would maintain the plasticity and adaptability, which is one of its most valuable attributes."