User Tag List

First 12

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yes, I can be contemptuous, when I see something obvious, but others around me can't see the forest for the trees. Must I always protect others feelings, even, when speaking the truth? Don't get me wrong, it is actually a good thing seeing the details, but not when you spend hours and hours in meetings focusing on the minute, not moving forward and missing the point entirely. Focusing on small details does not move an organisation forward, it is however good for setting up good quality control procedures, and refining systems in place, but not when you trying to change the system entirely.
    So, no, I'm not apologising this time. I waste too much time at work, trying to bring the focus outwards.
    Yes, I get frustrated! I'm in a industry dominated by sensors, and I wouldn't change it, but leading a team still focused on refining and picking out small problems on old techniques, and data, when I'm introducing something new can bring the stress levels up a mite.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Another thing, I'm not much into hierarchies. I like to treat my co-workers as equals, but when leading a team, others tend to get nervous with that approach. It has and can cause problems with authority issues. I also tend to put this down to my youthful good looks I like it because people tend to contribute more when not being intimadated, and strengths come out that you would never dream of at times, but there are times, when I have to put my shadow on (I'm sad to say,something I'm very comfortable with), and my shadow is a bitch.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Yes, I can be contemptuous, when I see something obvious, but others around me can't see the forest for the trees. Must I always protect others feelings, even, when speaking the truth? Don't get me wrong, it is actually a good thing seeing the details, but not when you spend hours and hours in meetings focusing on the minute, not moving forward and missing the point entirely. Focusing on small details does not move an organisation forward, it is however good for setting up good quality control procedures, and refining systems in place, but not when you trying to change the system entirely.
    So, no, I'm not apologising this time. I waste too much time at work, trying to bring the focus outwards.
    Yes, I get frustrated! I'm in a industry dominated by sensors, and I wouldn't change it, but leading a team still focused on refining and picking out small problems on old techniques, and data, when I'm introducing something new can bring the stress levels up a mite.
    Who says that Sensors can't see the forest for the trees?
    It's not their priority but they can if they make an effort of course. They may not be as "skilled" as the other type in detailed work but they can. That's what set me off in the post.(Not that I wouldn't be on a sensor's back if he were lashing out on Ns of course.) That's like stripping an ability out of people when there is potential there.

NFs aren't wandering emotional messes who can't think critically as most people like to picture us. We're not as comfortable with impersonal decisions but we're not incapable of making them. I'm sure you're sick of hearing that about us as well aren't you?

It seems like you've dealt with extreme "S" but extreme anything tends to be a bit upsetting for the other side of course.
    Who knows, they may be just as frustrated with you as you are with them

I'd be annoyed by their unwillingness to "look at the bigger picture" rather than their focus on detail in itself. I mean if someone says they can't then they are lying....It's like people who say they can't exercise but have no medical or emotional health problem preventing them from doing it.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Another thing, I'm not much into hierarchies. I like to treat my co-workers as equals, but when leading a team, others tend to get nervous with that approach. It has and can cause problems with authority issues. I also tend to put this down to my youthful good looks I like it because people tend to contribute more when not being intimadated, and strengths come out that you would never dream of at times, but there are times, when I have to put my shadow on (I'm sad to say,something I'm very comfortable with), and my shadow is a bitch.
    I understand, I came across judgmental. my bad.(I'm just guessing by the tone of the 1st post xD)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Ich bin ‹bermensch
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Who says that Sensors can't see the forest for the trees?
    It's not their priority but they can if they make an effort of course. They may not be as "skilled" as the other type in detailed work but they can. That's what set me off in the post.(Not that I wouldn't be on a sensor's back if he were lashing out on Ns of course.) That's like stripping an ability out of people when there is potential there.

NFs aren't wandering emotional messes who can't think critically as most people like to picture us. We're not as comfortable with impersonal decisions but we're not incapable of making them. I'm sure you're sick of hearing that about us as well aren't you?

It seems like you've dealt with extreme "S" but extreme anything tends to be a bit upsetting for the other side of course.
    Who knows, they may be just as frustrated with you as you are with them

I'd be annoyed by their unwillingness to "look at the bigger picture" rather than their focus on detail in itself. I mean if someone says they can't then they are lying....It's like people who say they can't exercise but have no medical or emotional health problem preventing them from doing it.
    Ehh, I never said they can't. More like won't Yeah, there's often frustration all round, but believe me, I wouldn't change them for the world. They are the people who, when they accept them, bring my ideas into fruition, and make them work. I wouldn't trade them in for a bunch of N's, however fun that actually sounds. Except maybe the ESFJ's, they is stubborn, when they wants, but only if they weren't on my side.
    Lucky for me I'm also very adept at smoothing ruffled feathers most of the time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    fool

We aren't normal?

It's very hard to express oneself if in a dominant S environment. In retrospect, I have always had, in every single stage of my life, someone, "a teacher" of some sort, who has supported and encouraged my "gifts" or talents or whatever (), someone who has paid extra attention. I appreciate their support.

If I had been all alone with the kind of aliniated feeling from this world and especially people - which I've had ever since I was little - would've caused a lot of damage to my psyche or smt. How to channel your talents when they are so different to others and not as directly encouraged in this schoolsystem - not even in this society? Where to find information and advice, when even you don't understand it? How to make yourself feel adequate?

I've been at the same "level" since I was 6 or 7 - the only things that have changed are experience and knowledge, gathering of "life wisdom" and skills. But the "knowing" and "understanding" and "seeing" I experience just the same - the seeing through the unseen, being sensitive to stuff that isn't necessarily obvious nor "explainable".

I just stopped taking things so seriously. The older I get the more fascinating people I've met. And if those people can see something fascinating in me, all the better Ideally there'd be a group of them sitting around a table and we could all talk about the weirdest ideas and all and come up with something completely ... weird Brainstorming

Maybe I'll write a self-help book someday, some new-age shiz! That shault be my heritage! Or start a cult that acclaims platypuses

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post

I've stopped taking things seriously The older I get the more fascinating people I've met. And if those people can see something fascinating in me, all the better
    can you share with me what is your perspective now on people that makes it 'fascinating' ?
    especially in a situation where, like FireyPhoenix experiencing, being a 'different' person makes you somewhat underestimated & 'underrated' by normal-common people surrounding you. 'cuz this seems to be my problems in life too, and it's just very frustrating sometimes, no, often.

normal-common?

Hmm. there is no such thing as 'normal-common'

There is something to be learnt from everyone and if others choose to generalise or marginalise, their loss.

People are facinating, their different perspectives, the things that you can learn from someone without actually experiencing things from their point-of-view.

Plus, I am INFP and I don't think that being underrated by others has anything to do with me, it has to do with them and their inablity to perceive more.

I make people re-evaluate me. Eventually. If you are being 'underestimated' then you have to show people how to re-assess you.

Alot of people get underestimated because alot of people get judged on their surface appearance, when they are deeper then they appear. You just underestimated alot of people by generalising and categorising other people as 'normal-common' and you expect these same people not to do the same to do?

Change the way you define others and they may not necissarily change the way they evaluate you- but their will always be the

MBTI
    fool

can you share with me what is your perspective now on people that makes it 'fascinating' ?
    especially in a situation where, like FireyPhoenix experiencing, being a 'different' person makes you somewhat underestimated & 'underrated' by normal-common people surrounding you. 'cuz this seems to be my problems in life too, and it's just very frustrating sometimes, no, often.
    Hmm I meant that I have met more fascinating people at an older age - younger I didn't.

Hence I felt like I was weirdo - but now that I've met other weirdos, I've started to enjoy my own weirdoness more.