User Tag List

123 Last

heart on fire

Default So is there an INFP DoorSlam?

Is there? Discuss.

I have doorslammed after a lot of pain and trying to keep up boundaries with some people who just refused to listen to what I was trying to say.

One told me "I do what I want, when I want, that's just who I am. Why can't you just accept this about me?"

But most of the time, people like this pretend to not understand it becomes too draining to maintain the contact and I'll go.

So yeah, I've doorslammed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah. On several occasions last summer some kid kept calling me up just to buy him beer. We got along at work, so I didn't see any problem breaking the law a few times to save him from weekend boredom. The problem was that it became a one-way habit for him, so I stopped answering his calls. A few months after I stopped answering, I bumped into him at a drugstore, where he had just been hired as manager. Friendly nice-talk bs. "Give me a call sometime. We should hang out." Yeah, sure. See you in the next life, alligator.

He's an estj.

Wouldn't any logical person keep away?

MBTI
    INFP

I was on the receiving end of an INFP doorslam a couple of months ago (the door remains firmly shut). Not that it wasn't well deserved...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

"No soup for you!"

The INFP door-slam is officially sponsored and endorsed...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFP

Yikes. I was notorious for the dramatic exit in the day.

I once quit a waitressing job at dinner time, in the middle of the restaurant. A customer wanted a double serving but only wanted to be charged for one. I told him I'd serve him a double and charge him for a double. He made a big fuss and the manager came out, asked him what the problem was and the guy said, "She wont serve me what I asked for."

My boss turned to me and, with the whole place watching, ordered, "Serve him what he wants."

I did my best prima donna, whipped off my apron, raised it above my head with a grand flourish and dashed it to the floor at the feet of my manager and announced in my best haughty voice, "No. YOU serve him what he wants." and sashayed out the door. To a roomful of applause, by the way! Heh.

I sucked as a waitress. Too high a moral standard. Everybody else always slipped him his freebie and got a generous tip.

But, man! You don't mess with my standards. Hee. Still think it was a banner moment for me. But I finally figured out that it probably was a better idea to learn how to be assertive.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

heart on fire

I admit, I've never done a dramatic exit. Just tend to let the answering machine speak for me.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've doorslammed someone. I kinda feel bad about it.

My best friend is an INFJ. He is currently in a relationship with an ISTJ. They are very happy together. I am (or was) friends with the ISTJ.

I cannot tolerate emotional cheating. Saying you love someone else... That just doesn't work. I found out that she had been cheating on him for about a year... Boy I was steaming. I went on a rant about how we trusted her and about how pathetic it was. She somehow thought it would be good to ignore my friend and change gears to someone across the country. I said a lot of things I shouldn't have, but I don't regret it at all. I asked her how she could be so dumb and have the audacity to ignore my friend, who loved her and provided for her, compared to some failure across the country. She could never answer what the purpose was for her, it seemed to make her have a worse time. I pretty much said anyone who cheated was a despicable human being.

After I did all that (I said a lot more than that though) I blocked all communication. Removed her phone number from my phone, blocked all IM screen names, blocked her and removed her on myspace, removed her as a contact from email and blocked her. This was 5 months ago. It's sort of awkward when she is brought up around my friend, but thankfully he is one of the few human beings that fully understands me, so he is ok with it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Go INFPs!
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm very cautious in opening the door in the first place... if someone usually makes it in, I don't have to push them out. But I have had to do it before. I had someone get obsessed with me, and there was no way for me to tell her how I felt about the situation. I had to drop contact with her, because I could not say what I needed to say.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    infp

There is a temporary doorslam with me, can last for years but the truth is I am very forgiving and can eventually (so far) forgive anything that made me doorslam you in the first place.

As long as the person is truly repentent and appears to have grown, changed and learnt from their past mistakes.

There are some who I doubt I could ever truly forgive, and they get the welded shut doorslam, but it's very rare that happens.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari