User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFP

I've been door slammed by two people and sorta door slammed by others during my first couple of years of college. This, in turn, has made me more careful about who I let in the door in the first place. I have door slammed a couple of guys who I thought were toxic, useless, etc. Now, I am very guarded in general. I just don't let most people in anymore, which I know is not good. However, recovering from the pain of people rejecting me is worse.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Is there? Discuss.

I have doorslammed after a lot of pain and trying to keep up boundaries with some people who just refused to listen to what I was trying to say.

One told me "I do what I want, when I want, that's just who I am. Why can't you just accept this about me?"

But most of the time, people like this pretend to not understand it becomes too draining to maintain the contact and I'll go.

So yeah, I've doorslammed.
    INFPs I know have a doorslam, but its much more temporary and not so tightly closed as the INFJ flavor of doorslam. A person can make it temporary by neglecting the INFP.

A window to the soul

Thumbs down FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    INFPs I know have a doorslam, but its much more temporary and not so tightly closed as the INFJ flavor of doorslam. A person can make it temporary by neglecting the INFP.
    Where'd ya get that silly idea from? If you neglect the INFP, the INFP is going to realize you weren't the awesome person they thought you were. The longer the neglect carries on, the INFP is going quietly forget about you. When you return, you might be surprised to find the INFP's charming personality has quickly attracted someone else who doesn't play games with their deep well of caring and they're no longer interested in you.

I speak from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Absent-Minded Alecto View Post
    It hurts me tremendously when my novelty wears off in these situations. I've found I have learned a lot about people and my interactions with others through those experiences though.
    third that.