• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Are ENFPs a logical type poll

Are you a logical/rational NF?

• INFJ: I suck at logic and problem solving

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I've notice a trend of ENFPs being listed as a non-logical type, mainly because we don't have a T. I know some of us are quite good in the logic and problem solving area, but am wondering is it just some or is it a strong trend in our type. So here's a poll...

I'll put options for other NFs also, not because I love you, but so there is less chance that you corrupt the poll when you feel that uncontrollable urge to vote :).

Awesome=ability to solve complex problems ie. science/maths/philosophy, not know what to do when the toast burns
Okay=you can solve them when you need to, but don't have much drive to involve yourself in them too deeply, ie. I'm okay at it, but I feel it is more for smart people
I suck=you struggle with logic and problem solving, maybe feel intimidated by it. You are probably great at something else, it's just not your thing.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes I am. Thanks for asking.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm definitely better at it than most people I know. Also, when having a discussion being logical is very important to me. And I'm in computer engineering so problem solving is pretty much covered.

sculpting

I went into biochemistry because I was looking for the soul in high school biology amongst the passage of Na and K ions across neurons. I then went into biophysics when I took pchem in college and learned orbital theory and about probiblities of electron density in complex molecules. I kind of got stuck waiting for the physicists to find the final answer to the unified thoeryt problem. still waiting INTPs....get on it already!

I think we can be really great at this stuff due to the super Ne. We can make huge connections across gaps without actually being overly limted by a Ti to keep us in check.

However what this means is that I totally miss stuff sometimes, especially the detailed pieces. 20% of the time I am a genius, 60% of the time I am pretty right on, and 20% of the time I am totally wrong. However I am not quite certain at any point which one I am doing at any given moment.

We are attracted to the complex potentials buried in the very abstract fields. I will beat an ENTP or any NT hands down at applying logic to human interactions. They usually are better than me at solving problems that are pure logic.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm pretty good at logic.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Wow, interesting. I wonder if it will even out as more enfp's vote.

I do think that on this board people want to assume if you are ENFP you can't debate worth crap. Bad assumption.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I did Electrical Engineering and Physics.

I'm never really worried by logical problems. It is just the reading loads of stuff and digging for info that kills me.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Wow, interesting. I wonder if it will even out as more enfp's vote.

I do think that on this board people want to assume if you are ENFP you can't debate worth crap. Bad assumption.

hehe, i know, I tend to lose out on care factor normally, rather than ability.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you know you are logical; does it really matter what the naysayers think, or say? Use their ignorance to your advantage. Is that being manipulative?
*cares not*
bored2.gif

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Sorry if this redundant information but ENFPs do in fact have a T in there. We have tertiary Te, which means that we use our logic function more when actively interacting with people. Being an NF doesn't mean you only use your intuitive feeling.

I am incredibly logical and rational when faced with a problem that needs a solution. However when making decisions about my own life, I tend to rely on my intuition more than logic.

I would say that ENFPs continue to be an idealist type more than a logical type because we approach life with our intuition and our feelings are supposed to be an important decision making factor. We are certainly capable of being logical people (as many of the ENFPs on this forum appear to be!), of course, some ENFPs more than others.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm never really worried by logical problems. It is just the reading loads of stuff and digging for info that kills me.

Completely relate to that.

Also I'd like to mention my brother (who I previously thought was an ENFJ) is an INFJ and is has a masters in Physics and is getting a PhD too.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Do problem/puzzle games count!?!?! They do, right? I would think they do....

:blink:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I wonder if this should just be a "do you think you are awesome" poll.

Of course ENFP's are!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think i'm a good problem solver but i don't know if that's due to logic. i'm an idea person...i can see something in several different ways and explore them all until i come up with what the best solution would be. i can play devils advocate and debate something from either side if i'm not personally attached to it.... but if i am attached to it i'm not coming from a strictly logical place. i would be arguing my point from a personal perspective and can't take myself out of it to apply logic.

so...yes and no, i guess.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I guess if most ENFPs are awesome at logic then INTPs are just NFs with shitty social skills. But then, most of the ENFPs in here probably already figured that out..being so awesome at logic and everything.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i agree with your point booya and hopefully implied that in my post.

meaning that...we can use it when necessary and may be quite good when we're not especially attached to the situation but i don't believe we can remove ourselves from it like an nt can.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I guess if most ENFPs are awesome at logic then INTPs are just NFs with shitty social skills. But then, most of the ENFPs in here probably already figured that out..being so awesome at logic and everything.

The only benefit you see from yourself is being a logical ENFP?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have no clue...I know I'm not awesome at it, but the last test I took showed that I have zero Te, though I am to some extent, very able to solve logical problems (as long as it's not math) and don't consider myself stupid. However, when pressured for time, or by someone else, I'm unable to be logical. I need time to think and there just cannot be anyone breathing down my neck. For instance, I can perfectly fine solve a logical exam (with the pressure that comes with it), but the moment there's a clear and detrimental deadline, or worse, someone is waiting for me and they're getting frustrated and annoyed at me, I shut down.