User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a logical/rational NF?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP: Awesome at logic and problem solving

26 40.63%
  • ENFP: Okay at logic and problem solving

9 14.06%
  • ENFP: I suck at logic and problem solving

3 4.69%
  • INFP: Awesome at logic and problem solving

3 4.69%
  • INFP: Okay at logic and problem solving

5 7.81%
  • INFP: I suck at logic and problem solving

2 3.13%
  • ENFJ: Awesome at logic and problem solving

1 1.56%
  • ENFJ: Okay at logic and problem solving

1 1.56%
  • ENFJ: I suck at logic and problem solving

2 3.13%
  • INFJ: Awesome at logic and problem solving

5 7.81%
  • INFJ: Okay at logic and problem solving

7 10.94%
  • INFJ: I suck at logic and problem solving

0 0%
12311 Last

Default Are ENFPs a logical type poll

I've notice a trend of ENFPs being listed as a non-logical type, mainly because we don't have a T. I know some of us are quite good in the logic and problem solving area, but am wondering is it just some or is it a strong trend in our type. So here's a poll...

I'll put options for other NFs also, not because I love you, but so there is less chance that you corrupt the poll when you feel that uncontrollable urge to vote .

Awesome=ability to solve complex problems ie. science/maths/philosophy, not know what to do when the toast burns
    Okay=you can solve them when you need to, but don't have much drive to involve yourself in them too deeply, ie. I'm okay at it, but I feel it is more for smart people
    I suck=you struggle with logic and problem solving, maybe feel intimidated by it. You are probably great at something else, it's just not your thing.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yes I am. Thanks for asking.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm definitely better at it than most people I know. Also, when having a discussion being logical is very important to me. And I'm in computer engineering so problem solving is pretty much covered.

I went into biochemistry because I was looking for the soul in high school biology amongst the passage of Na and K ions across neurons. I then went into biophysics when I took pchem in college and learned orbital theory and about probiblities of electron density in complex molecules. I kind of got stuck waiting for the physicists to find the final answer to the unified thoeryt problem. still waiting INTPs....get on it already!

I think we can be really great at this stuff due to the super Ne. We can make huge connections across gaps without actually being overly limted by a Ti to keep us in check.

However what this means is that I totally miss stuff sometimes, especially the detailed pieces. 20% of the time I am a genius, 60% of the time I am pretty right on, and 20% of the time I am totally wrong. However I am not quite certain at any point which one I am doing at any given moment.

We are attracted to the complex potentials buried in the very abstract fields. I will beat an ENTP or any NT hands down at applying logic to human interactions. They usually are better than me at solving problems that are pure logic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm pretty good at logic.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Wow, interesting. I wonder if it will even out as more enfp's vote.

I do think that on this board people want to assume if you are ENFP you can't debate worth crap. Bad assumption.

I did Electrical Engineering and Physics.

I'm never really worried by logical problems. It is just the reading loads of stuff and digging for info that kills me.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Wow, interesting. I wonder if it will even out as more enfp's vote.

I do think that on this board people want to assume if you are ENFP you can't debate worth crap. Bad assumption.
    hehe, i know, I tend to lose out on care factor normally, rather than ability.

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

If you know you are logical; does it really matter what the naysayers think, or say? Use their ignorance to your advantage. Is that being manipulative?
    *cares not*
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeCakes View Post
    If you know you are logical; does it really matter what the naysayers think, or say? Use their ignorance to your advantage. Is that being manipulative?
    *cares not*
    Nah, opportunistic .