• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Are ENFPs a logical type poll

Are you a logical/rational NF?

• INFJ: I suck at logic and problem solving

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
ENFP logic is like the order in the beautiful chaos admist nature. Its there, but to most only a well placed river through the mountains.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Put it this way : if you fail, you fail irrespective of previous optimism/pessimism. :) At least with optimism you feel happy.

optimism is most certainly the logical choice. ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP logic is like the order in the beautiful chaos admist nature. Its there, but to most only a well placed river through the mountains.

exactly.:smile:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I just want to know if there is anything that ENFPs aren't great at. Silly question, I know. I am but an INTP.

Actually organisation. In the four quantrant (NBI) test I did in engineering, I came up full on all except L2, which is organisation and detail.

This from the personality profile rings quite true,
"ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them."

It is one way I tend to annoy a lot of other types IRL. I normally get told I'm not using potential, rather than am incapable. They know I can do it, but getting me to do it and stay on course is another thing. From what I've read this is common for ENFP. If you know some they are probably smart but seem to take life too lightly, or the things like achievement that you value, too lightly. We are quite different from the ENTP too, once you see us side by side for a while. But we do tend to carry that trait of being quite quick and cluey when it comes to problem solving. And I'm not really scared at all by complexity. I normally get set the "too hard basket" problems at work.

Of course we aren't good at everything though. Give me fine art, or any other highly detail oriented thing, and watch me make a mess. Ask me to remember to reference things in science, and I'll drive you insane. Organisation gets you a long way into places I can't go as easily. INTPs beat me at pure logic too, for this reason. Not because they are better thinkers. They are just willing to go ABC and write the whole thing out, rather than constantly trying to put the problem in its simplest form.

I find as a type we often get lost in the void between ENTP, INFP and ESFP. We have a bit of each to us, but everyone measures us by detail or skills. Our strength is in the combination and interaction of these skills. We aren't really the best at any of them, but having them at our disposal removes many ceilings that other types hit.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
This from the personality profile rings quite true,
"ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them."

So true in my case anyway. If I'm not interested in the topic/subject I fail miserably.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
noigmn:
wow...you are so good at writing the exact perfect thing. that's it exactly. that's the distinction it has to be of interest to us. it's not just a tool we have at our disposal that we can apply to anything we see fit. we genuinely have to be interested.

and yes..it's not as important to us to be precise and write it all out so the truth is illuminated the best it possibly can be. it's just about communicating it quickly and adequately...for me, anyway.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I got a C+ in "Intro to Engineering" freshman year. It's an easy A but I just couldn't stand to put anything into that extremely boring class. I actually thought it was hilarious that I ended up with that grade.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I got a C+ in "Intro to Engineering" freshman year. It's an easy A but I just couldn't stand to put anything into that extremely boring class. I actually thought it was hilarious that I ended up with that grade.

Hehe, all my first year grades were dependent on interest. I remember them telling me at the start of second year, "I don't know what to make of these grades. You have one of the top marks in the hardest subject and failed two of the most simple, mundane ones. Now you want to overload to catch up, I'm not sure what will happen." :).

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
At their most detached, ENFPs can keep up with the best of em.

silverchris9

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hehe, all my first year grades were dependent on interest. I remember them telling me at the start of second year, "I don't know what to make of these grades. You have one of the top marks in the hardest subject and failed two of the most simple, mundane ones. Now you want to overload to catch up, I'm not sure what will happen." :).

^Same. Had a C in Health, and B+s in the hardest classes in school, where I got As on the finals, and failed to do enough homework to actually get an A in the class. Meh. I learned stuff. The letter is a means to an end, at best.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
^Same. Had a C in Health, and B+s in the hardest classes in school, where I got As on the finals, and failed to do enough homework to actually get an A in the class. Meh. I learned stuff. The letter is a means to an end, at best.

:). Maths was always my strongest subject. But at uni they won't my top marks. One exam I went out and drank way too much the night before and didn't sleep because I knew I could ace it anyway (I didn't). Another one I got concussed playing hockey, because I was sick of study. Was about as good at remembering what I was doing again. Actually I think I did better drunk. With concussion I got to the end of the question then forgot what I'd done and the logic behind it, and had to start over. Maths is amazingly hard when you can't hold numbers or ideas in your head.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
One of my friends used to get "mad" at me. We could have one cheat sheet but I would forget to make one. She would let me copy hers and I would get a better grade than her. She would yell at me, we would laugh. Next test it would happen again. This was stuff like Thermodynamics.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Of course enfp are logical.
I mean.
lets use some lame example:
If you're more attached to let's say, mister x than some NT would be. Then the fact you'll do your best not to hurt his emotions is logical, you don't want to lose mister X's affection and you don't want to feel terrible about it. So yeah it can somehow get out of hands but then let's see the NT counterpart.

NTs are 'attached', to their ideas, so you're less likely to cause them displeasure if you say 'you're idea is stupid' than if you say 'i don't like you as a person'. I'm an entp, my emotions will basically NEVER, get out of hands, and if i seem to get angry it's usually just me thinking 'it's the best way to act right now', my behavior will reflect this idea instead of real strong emotion.
But then the same ideas can get out of hands, i can start saying whatever is on my mind whenever I'm bored, and I do mean bat shit crazy things that will make me look like an immature 5 years old.

Now the fact that the NT will love his little ideas since childhook will make him more likely to be good at those logic games that are ANYWAY, designed by NTs for NTs.
In the end person skills are probably far more useful in real life than abstract logic.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
what? why!

I'm just saying that NF do more inter\intra personal problem solving while NT do more abstract\concrete problem solving

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:popc1:

At least it's not me that's setting you straight this time :devil:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
what the hell did I say wrong?

personal and abstract problem solving are just as complex, therefor a good personal problem solver will have the ability to be a good abstract problem solver if he or she ever practices.
Just as I can be good at reading people if i get into it.