User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a logical/rational NF?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP: Awesome at logic and problem solving

26 40.63%
  • ENFP: Okay at logic and problem solving

9 14.06%
  • ENFP: I suck at logic and problem solving

3 4.69%
  • INFP: Awesome at logic and problem solving

3 4.69%
  • INFP: Okay at logic and problem solving

5 7.81%
  • INFP: I suck at logic and problem solving

2 3.13%
  • ENFJ: Awesome at logic and problem solving

1 1.56%
  • ENFJ: Okay at logic and problem solving

1 1.56%
  • ENFJ: I suck at logic and problem solving

2 3.13%
  • INFJ: Awesome at logic and problem solving

5 7.81%
  • INFJ: Okay at logic and problem solving

7 10.94%
  • INFJ: I suck at logic and problem solving

0 0%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

ENFP logic is like the order in the beautiful chaos admist nature. Its there, but to most only a well placed river through the mountains.
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Put it this way : if you fail, you fail irrespective of previous optimism/pessimism. At least with optimism you feel happy.
    optimism is most certainly the logical choice.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    ENFP logic is like the order in the beautiful chaos admist nature. Its there, but to most only a well placed river through the mountains.
    exactly.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I just want to know if there is anything that ENFPs aren't great at. Silly question, I know. I am but an INTP.
    Actually organisation. In the four quantrant (NBI) test I did in engineering, I came up full on all except L2, which is organisation and detail.

This from the personality profile rings quite true,
    "ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them."

It is one way I tend to annoy a lot of other types IRL. I normally get told I'm not using potential, rather than am incapable. They know I can do it, but getting me to do it and stay on course is another thing. From what I've read this is common for ENFP. If you know some they are probably smart but seem to take life too lightly, or the things like achievement that you value, too lightly. We are quite different from the ENTP too, once you see us side by side for a while. But we do tend to carry that trait of being quite quick and cluey when it comes to problem solving. And I'm not really scared at all by complexity. I normally get set the "too hard basket" problems at work.

Of course we aren't good at everything though. Give me fine art, or any other highly detail oriented thing, and watch me make a mess. Ask me to remember to reference things in science, and I'll drive you insane. Organisation gets you a long way into places I can't go as easily. INTPs beat me at pure logic too, for this reason. Not because they are better thinkers. They are just willing to go ABC and write the whole thing out, rather than constantly trying to put the problem in its simplest form.

I find as a type we often get lost in the void between ENTP, INFP and ESFP. We have a bit of each to us, but everyone measures us by detail or skills. Our strength is in the combination and interaction of these skills. We aren't really the best at any of them, but having them at our disposal removes many ceilings that other types hit.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    This from the personality profile rings quite true,
    "ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them."

So true in my case anyway. If I'm not interested in the topic/subject I fail miserably.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

noigmn:
    wow...you are so good at writing the exact perfect thing. that's it exactly. that's the distinction it has to be of interest to us. it's not just a tool we have at our disposal that we can apply to anything we see fit. we genuinely have to be interested.

and yes..it's not as important to us to be precise and write it all out so the truth is illuminated the best it possibly can be. it's just about communicating it quickly and adequately...for me, anyway.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I got a C+ in "Intro to Engineering" freshman year. It's an easy A but I just couldn't stand to put anything into that extremely boring class. I actually thought it was hilarious that I ended up with that grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I got a C+ in "Intro to Engineering" freshman year. It's an easy A but I just couldn't stand to put anything into that extremely boring class. I actually thought it was hilarious that I ended up with that grade.
    Hehe, all my first year grades were dependent on interest. I remember them telling me at the start of second year, "I don't know what to make of these grades. You have one of the top marks in the hardest subject and failed two of the most simple, mundane ones. Now you want to overload to catch up, I'm not sure what will happen." .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

At their most detached, ENFPs can keep up with the best of em.

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    At their most detached, ENFPs can keep up with the best of em.
    I suddenly have the urge to hug the breath out of you.
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~