User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a logical/rational NF?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENFP: Awesome at logic and problem solving

26 40.63%
  • ENFP: Okay at logic and problem solving

9 14.06%
  • ENFP: I suck at logic and problem solving

3 4.69%
  • INFP: Awesome at logic and problem solving

3 4.69%
  • INFP: Okay at logic and problem solving

5 7.81%
  • INFP: I suck at logic and problem solving

2 3.13%
  • ENFJ: Awesome at logic and problem solving

1 1.56%
  • ENFJ: Okay at logic and problem solving

1 1.56%
  • ENFJ: I suck at logic and problem solving

2 3.13%
  • INFJ: Awesome at logic and problem solving

5 7.81%
  • INFJ: Okay at logic and problem solving

7 10.94%
  • INFJ: I suck at logic and problem solving

0 0%
First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post
    Remember, we display extroverted intuition and thinking - the 'feeling' preference may become only blatantly apparent when you dig to the heart of things.
    Well, Jeez, there you go. The extraverted functions are N and T.

*You* pay more attention to the feeling aspect, but what you display and how you deal with *them out there* is N and T.

Finally something that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

*You* pay more attention to the feeling aspect, but what you display and how you deal with *them out there* is N and T.

Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

-Takes a bow-
    Thank you, thank yooouu - I'll be here 'till Thursday (and enjoy the veal)

Now if you could just explain to my INTJ father in INTJ secret code or somethin' that I'm not argumentative, I just see more than his side of the argument....

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

the problem with the question is this, if an ENFP grows up in a household that is a logical household (a parent that is a T, for me, my dad is an INTJ) then they tend to handle logic quite well, they might not use it in decision making as much as they do feeling but if you throw them a logic question then they might actually do quite well in solving it. on the other hand, if they grow up in a not quite logical household, mostly surrounded with Fs, then logic may not come quite as easily. this same idea can be applied to thinkers in terms of handling emotion. and also with S/N in terms of handling N/S (though not as much).
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ i agree with you. must be that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    the problem with the question is this, if an ENFP grows up in a household that is a logical household (a parent that is a T, for me, my dad is an INTJ) then they tend to handle logic quite well, they might not use it in decision making as much as they do feeling but if you throw them a logic question then they might actually do quite well in solving it. on the other hand, if they grow up in a not quite logical household, mostly surrounded with Fs, then logic may not come quite as easily. this same idea can be applied to thinkers in terms of handling emotion. and also with S/N in terms of handling N/S (though not as much).
    I can actually somewhat agree with this. My mother is an extremely unbalanced ESFP. Self-esteem issues, body issues, inferiority complex, the works. Any subtle slight or, say if my girlfriend had ever made me a lunch for school or work when I was living at home, somehow meant to her that I had told my gf she was a terrible mother and didn't love her. She was and is an emotional headcase, and having been brought up in that environment I am MUCH more careful when treading on others' feelings than your average NT. Ironically, it has helped me a lot in my relationships, because I tend to ask myself what the emotional response of a person will be if I do said action, and is it worth it to inflict some kind of pain and deal with the stress of making someone upset.

While I'll never understand why people feel the way they do if it doesn't make any sense, I'm at least a bit more aware of it.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Sorry, gotto disagree. In my case, having an extreme T parent made me lose all confidence in my logic abilities, as my attempts at it were never good enough. I just pretty much gave up on it, rebelled against everything that was supposedly logical and went on my gut/feelings, much to my parents dismay. I still don't trust myself when forced to be logical, and will have my work doublechecked to be sure. I'm sure that if you have nurturing NF-parents, you can still get enough 'T' taught in school, as the outside world, and therefore schools, focus on this anyways.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

MINE TOO
    Growing up with him has made me able to switch on my 'Te' with relative ease.
    Oh my gosh - you're the illegitimate brother I always knew I had, aren't you??!
    ITS BEEN TOO LONG

...Ahem.
    Anyhow.
    I believe the theory to be sound - and one I've made similar observations in favour of. 'Nurture' having a good deal to say in the specifics of how you express what 'Nature' you are naturally imbued with.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that's really sweet jock.

and that's interesting amargith....it seemed to apply to me because i have no t's in my family....just wasn't brought up around it so didn't feel as confident with expressing myself in that way.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Sorry, gotto disagree. In my case, having an extreme T parent made me lose all confidence in my logic abilities, as my attempts at it were never good enough. I just pretty much gave up on it, rebelled against everything that was supposedly logical and went on my gut/feelings, much to my parents dismay. I still don't trust myself when forced to be logical, and will have my work doublechecked to be sure. I'm sure that if you have nurturing NF-parents, you can still get enough 'T' taught in school, as the outside world, and therefore schools, focus on this anyways.

ya then let me add this: a T parent with an F parent to balance it out. i could see how too much T would be disheartening for an ENFP.

my mom is an INFJ so naturally i dont mind the extreme logic that emanates from my dad

Anyhow.
    I believe the theory to be sound - and one I've made similar observations in favour of. 'Nurture' having a good deal to say in the specifics of how you express what 'Nature' you are naturally imbued with.
    well state, that is what i was originally trying to say
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1