• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's what's your dream?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My children will be grown in 15 years. :) It will be wonderful knowing 4 adult women.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Oh my God! You have four little girls? That must be wonderful! What is it like being an ENFP parent? Should I start a new thread for this?

Edit: Is there already a thread about this!?

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
To impulsively travel around wherever and whenever I want to, doing cool stuff like this to show people that there is still some awesomeness in life, even when most of it sucks. Right now, riding the train for 3-4 days at a time sounds like the most fun thing in the world to me. Damn ENFP restlessness. :D

The thing I'd get rid of is my laziness. If I could work hard for about six months, I'd be able to make it all happen...I just can't quite get started.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ damn do i know that feeling...yep.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yeh, I want a job where I'm free, but still challenged. Can go anywhere and don't have to be tied to one city, or a 9-5 schedule, or anything.

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I feel like I have at least one but more like many some fundamental blockages holdings me back and preventing me from being who I want and need to be. So if I could change ONE thing about myself, I would clear that blockage so I could flow, like water, through life and be the force I was meant to be.

I've used the analogy of water before, and I stand by it.

Currently, I feel frustrated.

I want to feel Authentic and I want to feel Alive.

On a superficial level this means I wish I were more honest, or just honest. I wish I could handle, process, and express the emotions of anger and sadness better, without shame, guilt, fear, self-consciousness, or hang ups.

I wish I could be terrified of things and still jump in, both arms ready to embrace the future.

This section of your post resonated with me.
This is exactly what I want more than anything. I've been stuck in that state of mind for years...

Finally, an ENFP that speaks my language..

Since you've posted so much here, meaning you've probably discussed the MBTI far more than I'll ever will... Could you venture a guess as to why this occurs? Is it a common ENFP thing? [Is it an ENFP thing at all?] And if so, could you elaborate on which functions are involved in this blockade?

I would greatly appreciate any bit of information, even random epiphanies or anecdotes or whatever.

You have my full attention.

silverchris9

MBTI Type
ENFP
^You're not talking to me (and I don't really know that much about MBTI), but I know that for me, I'm blocked by uncertainty in Fi. When I know my actions are right, I'm okay. When I know my actions are wrong, it's hard, but I'm okay. When I can't tell if I'm right and should assert myself, or if I'm wrong and should sit down and be quiet, then I'm lost. And then I demand certainty in Fi for things before I act, but how are you ever going to get 100% certainty for which action is wrong or right if you don't already know...?

Would you cast me in your plays, oh master poet?
I promith I'm dynamic and articulathe.
;)

Of corth! Now I juth hafta write the first thene... oh boy.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would be well. And then I would get my punk band off the ground.

When I was a kid, my dream was that Duran Duran would rescue me from school, and take me to live in London, where I would be Simon LeBon's supermodel girlfriend. lol That dream kept me from going insane during math class.

mindmelda

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I want to be a psychologist. I've studied for years, but no degree.

I've been told I'd make a good one. *G*

But, hey, some days, I also want to be an opera singer. LOL

AgentOrange

MBTI Type
ENFP
Within five years, I want to get my college degree. Then maybe go abroad, to teach English, or backpack. I'm really not sure. I also want to try to become more fluent in German and Chinese.

I'll see where it goes from there (if I make it that far, haha).

G

garbage

What do you want to do? Where do you hope to be in 10, 15, 20 years?

In 10 years?

Eventually starting up a consulting firm or even a nonprofit focusing on using modeling and simulation in humanitarian ways and in psychology--modeling the spread of disease and pandemic outbreaks, human-systems integration, ergonomics, so on and so forth. I already approximate this with my current research, so.. it's just starting a business doing the same sort of work. I'll get even more flexibility than I do now ;)

I might end up getting bored with all of that and pursuing counseling, though.

I want to travel the world (which is happening this summer), get married, and start a family.

I'm also going to be breaking into a bunch of new things and revisiting old hobbies. I've been on that track for the past eight months, and I just need to keep it up!

If none of the above happens.. I'm sure something interesting will.

In 15 or 20 years? No clue.. have to see where all of the above takes me ;)

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Eh, I'm fine. I'd like to let go of some recent resentments, but I feel like I'm on the right track overall.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp

Can you actually see yourself that far ahead?

I can't, more I know a vague imprint of what I would like to feel, and that is happy and safe. Obviously to get those feelings I need to have been successful and certin dreams ie the book writing etc, but I honestly never think that far ahead.

It's hard for me to see myself alive that far ahead lol.

My procrastination, if I changed that I could be lethal. :devil:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have no idea..it's all a mystery to me. I don't know how or what I'll be feeling like in a year, so to even make a judgment on what I'll be doing is a little hard.

Whatever I'll be doing, I know I'll be happy. I'll follow my bliss.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm with Berber, that far in the future is more of a glimmer, not a plan.

My youngest will be 14 in 10 years. My life seems to be defined by my children right now. I fight against getting lost in the ebb and flow of it. I want to learn to flow with it and enjoy this time rather than just trying to live through it.

I seem to do much better during the day when I have goals, I should probably translate that over to having longer goals to guide me along the way.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD

1. Live my life to the fullest. Keep on burning wick after wick until I find a candle that doesn't seem to want to burn out. Reach harmony in myself again. Spread a little joy and happiness. Find freedom and the definition of it.

2. "I'm hopeless" ... xD *lol

3. o_O . . . nothing and/or everything. I like me.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
In ten years, I see myself as a college graduate.

nameBRAND

MBTI Type
ENFP
What do you want to do?

I'm not too sure what I want to do. Well, I have a better idea of what I want to know but if i'll stick with it is another story. Perhaps open a gallery for street art... or perhaps finally getting back into art.

Where do you hope to be in 10, 15, 20 years?

Hmmm 10 years from now? Hopefully I'll be doing the above, married hopefully? To be honest, as long as I've progressed much further from where I'm at now, it doesn't really matter.

I wish I could follow through on "big ideas" and projects. >_<