User Tag List

MBTI
    epic

Talking "f" mythology - more compassionate/empathetic than "t's"

i am incredibly empathetic to the emotions and feelings of those around me, but i do not base my decisions on that empathy alone. to me, there is a compassion and soulfulness that i painstakingly apply with my philosophy and logicality (which already incorporates the element of human fallibility in it) that pure emotion (or pure thought) does not have. for me, it is much more compelling to reach a decision that preserves for individuals the right to feel and think what they do as well as see the intersections that they share. some of the coldest human beings i know are "f's" who can abandon at the slightest whif of emotional discord and some of the most warm-hearted "tortured souls" i know are "t's" who try patiently and gently to reason out the myriad universes of emotion. i have seen gentle nurturants of thought and sociopathic oppressors by emotion. it's not the absence of emotion but rather the ability to not be controlled by it - i know the feelings will pass. whether i feel happy or not, for example, does not significantly impact my interactions with others or my work ethic - there is something greater involved at hand than my own feelings. i will also not let mine or others' feelings dissuade me finding out the "truth".. even though it may be unpleasant. however, most of the time i just liquidate feelers when the master plan does not necessitate their presence.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyz22 View Post
    however, most of the time i just liquidate feelers when the master plan does not necessitate their presence.
    Hmm, why is it you are so upset with Fs, that makes you think so? Fs can't do everything emotionally, there has to be a time, when not getting response from others, you have to have be realistic.

MBTI
    epic

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
    Hmm, why is it you are so upset with Fs, that makes you think so? Fs can't do everything emotionally, there has to be a time, when not getting response from others, you have to have be realistic.
    it was a joke .. i hoped it was apparent since taking it seriously would negate my entire preceding code of honor. haha. the jesus fascist smiley was a nice effect, no?

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyz22 View Post
    it was a joke .. i hoped it was apparent since taking it seriously would negate my entire preceding code of honor. haha. the jesus fascist smiley was a nice effect, no?
    It was reasonable.