User Tag List

12 Last

Default When an ENFP goes ENTJ: the mission.

okay, can I get confirmation I am not alone here?

I am the happiest little enfp in the world. At work I make the meetings fun, the buildings noisy, I even make the QA folks laugh.

Until someone F**ks with "THE MISSION".

For me, THE MISSIONis to save my company or even better, save my customers from my company. (I couldn't find any whales to save).

If you cross my mission I become the most hard ass, dominant, driving force known to man-you know; an ENTJ. I will sit in meetings, stare them down, and grind them into submission accepting no excuses for thier stupid, useless, pandering indiocy. I also proceed to curse. a lot. I feel no fear of those on top becuase if they are so stupid as to not see the big picture and need for the correct solution, then they are also useless to me. I have single handedly delayed the release of products by six months in order to make sure the product is of the quality it needs to be.

When like this I love to go head to head with true ENTJs because I know I am right. They know my ENTJ state is built upon idealism and they also know I am right, so give me a tough argument but lots of respect. However I scare the crap out of some of the other types as they dont understand what just happened. Its like occasionally lapsing into bezerker mode, then rolling on the ground to get my puppy belly rubbed.

I keep waiting to get fired but instead they keep promoting me.

I think most ENFPs have "the mission", but do you become an ENTJ to defend it?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The thing where you "know you are right" comes from your Fi. Also crossing your mission and you becoming "hard ass, dominant, driving force" comes from a closely felt Fi value being violated.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFJ

Are you enneagram type 8?

MBTI
    epic

just one question, may i draft you? i hope that bribery and/or extortion don't conflict with your sense of right and wrong.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I would be careful with your language though; that will be the glass ceiling you encounter at some point if you can't control what you say.

It'd stop you if I was your boss ... 'cause you'd be violating MY Fi.

(Note the CAPS on "MY" ... LOL!)

"just one question, may i draft you? i hope that bribery and/or extortion don't conflict with your sense of right and wrong. "

As long as the above mentioned crimes forward the mission, then we may be okay.

My entp friend actually asked if I would ever sleep with an executive to influence them. I said, of course I would but not for personal profit, only to forward the mission. I will totally trade sex for big picture, smart forward thinking mentality.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

YES.

I don't do this often because I don't like making people uncomfortable, goes against my mission of sorts. But when those stars aline I have to seize the opportunity.

People love to have me leading/supporting their team and hate competing against me. Unless the team I'm on or with is being ridiculous and then I get to pull a wild-card move.

I don't believe in yelling or cursing however, my personal perception is that it shows a lack of control and inconsistency of thought. I become pointed, articulate, polite, focussed controlled focussed controlled.

My take on this is personal choice and values being violated. What is the difference between an ENFP and an ENTJ that can be readily seen by observers? Both are keen observers of their surroundings, ENFP's look for ways to maximize what they see in others for each person's gain and benefit. ENTJ's look for ways to maximize strengths and weaknesses to work into their own strategy. We may very well all see the same things, but choose to use that information differently.

You can't be sweet all the time. Being sweet is unassuming and makes your actions more effective when they diverge from the regular.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've been told by an ENTJ that I have a commanding voice and sound very "ENTJ-ish", lol, whatever the hell that means.

But, I will say this, if you fuck with something that I care about, I will defend myself or it, and if I find you reprehensibly and indefensibly evil, I will do everything in my power to figuratively end you.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Yeah.. when someone double crosses me.. in my teenage years, I'd give a nice slap over the head & a punch in the face if I had to, on top of my verbal attacks and mad glares. *snarls* I even made a 7th grade boy cry for talking shit about my friend. We were only a year older.

As I got older (with age, not in my heart), I learned to simmer down on the passionate part, which can easily translate into ENTJ rage.

I have too little to lose, too much to gain. So I weigh out my pros/cons.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Making bullies cry used to be my specialty.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles