• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] When an ENFP goes ENTJ: the mission.

sculpting

okay, can I get confirmation I am not alone here?

I am the happiest little enfp in the world. At work I make the meetings fun, the buildings noisy, I even make the QA folks laugh.

Until someone F**ks with "THE MISSION".

For me, THE MISSIONis to save my company or even better, save my customers from my company. (I couldn't find any whales to save).

If you cross my mission I become the most hard ass, dominant, driving force known to man-you know; an ENTJ. I will sit in meetings, stare them down, and grind them into submission accepting no excuses for thier stupid, useless, pandering indiocy. I also proceed to curse. a lot. I feel no fear of those on top becuase if they are so stupid as to not see the big picture and need for the correct solution, then they are also useless to me. I have single handedly delayed the release of products by six months in order to make sure the product is of the quality it needs to be.

When like this I love to go head to head with true ENTJs because I know I am right. They know my ENTJ state is built upon idealism and they also know I am right, so give me a tough argument but lots of respect. However I scare the crap out of some of the other types as they dont understand what just happened. Its like occasionally lapsing into bezerker mode, then rolling on the ground to get my puppy belly rubbed.

I keep waiting to get fired but instead they keep promoting me.

I think most ENFPs have "the mission", but do you become an ENTJ to defend it?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thing where you "know you are right" comes from your Fi. Also crossing your mission and you becoming "hard ass, dominant, driving force" comes from a closely felt Fi value being violated.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
just one question, may i draft you? i hope that bribery and/or extortion don't conflict with your sense of right and wrong. :)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I would be careful with your language though; that will be the glass ceiling you encounter at some point if you can't control what you say. :)

It'd stop you if I was your boss ... 'cause you'd be violating MY Fi.

(Note the CAPS on "MY" ... LOL!)

sculpting

"just one question, may i draft you? i hope that bribery and/or extortion don't conflict with your sense of right and wrong. "

As long as the above mentioned crimes forward the mission, then we may be okay.

My entp friend actually asked if I would ever sleep with an executive to influence them. I said, of course I would but not for personal profit, only to forward the mission. I will totally trade sex for big picture, smart forward thinking mentality.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
YES.

I don't do this often because I don't like making people uncomfortable, goes against my mission of sorts. But when those stars aline I have to seize the opportunity.

People love to have me leading/supporting their team and hate competing against me. Unless the team I'm on or with is being ridiculous and then I get to pull a wild-card move.

I don't believe in yelling or cursing however, my personal perception is that it shows a lack of control and inconsistency of thought. I become pointed, articulate, polite, focussed controlled focussed controlled.

My take on this is personal choice and values being violated. What is the difference between an ENFP and an ENTJ that can be readily seen by observers? Both are keen observers of their surroundings, ENFP's look for ways to maximize what they see in others for each person's gain and benefit. ENTJ's look for ways to maximize strengths and weaknesses to work into their own strategy. We may very well all see the same things, but choose to use that information differently.

You can't be sweet all the time. Being sweet is unassuming and makes your actions more effective when they diverge from the regular.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've been told by an ENTJ that I have a commanding voice and sound very "ENTJ-ish", lol, whatever the hell that means.

But, I will say this, if you fuck with something that I care about, I will defend myself or it, and if I find you reprehensibly and indefensibly evil, I will do everything in my power to figuratively end you.

:)

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Yeah.. when someone double crosses me.. in my teenage years, I'd give a nice slap over the head & a punch in the face if I had to, on top of my verbal attacks and mad glares. *snarls* :laugh: I even made a 7th grade boy cry for talking shit about my friend. We were only a year older.

As I got older (with age, not in my heart), I learned to simmer down on the passionate part, which can easily translate into ENTJ rage.

I have too little to lose, too much to gain. So I weigh out my pros/cons.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Definitely. I loved doing that! My friends weren't bullies. We were rebels who took care of bullies.

People will be people.. My motto now: Live & let live.. :)

Edit: Boy did things change.. lol (I'm so diff now).

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:laugh: This sounds a lot like me in my work environment!! This is especially true with office status!!

I am definitely always on a mission of some sort.. and I take the ones I set for myself very seriously, even if the mission itself isn't serious at all.

:D Nice to see a fellow Texan as well. ;) Welcome and I definitely relate to this, making me question are you a type 8?? I'm an 8w7.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Just to get a little technical on your asses... Tertiary Te.

Because it's tertiary, it's mission time, and you'll get bent way out of shape if it doesn't come true.

(Like an ENTJ but perhaps with a very narrowed focus.:D)

I guess.

Maybe it's not so much "goin' ENTJ" as it is "ENFP getting focused."

Go Team!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Business is business, it's not personal.

Or actually, it is personal and highly prioritized, hence we flip into ENTJs.

I get this.

I think we simply don't have the energy to focus on our goal AND other people's feelings and accomodate people like we normally might.

I can see how the tertiary Te is being flexed and that's "taxing" or comes out in moments of "stress". However, tertiary traits are meant to be developed and different ENFPs have different comfort levels with it. That will effect how aggro/reasonable we are when we flip into that mode and how much stress is a factor.

I can see the "ENTJ" label when I really argue. I just want to get it done clean and quick and I take no prisoners IRL. I'm all business. I don't curse at people though or tell them how stupid they are, lol. So you're in corporate america huh? Perfect! I was just posting somewhere else that I saw a lot of people ACTING like ENTJs when I worked in corporate but I had no idea what their real types were.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

I am the happiest little enfp in the world. At work I make the meetings fun, the buildings noisy, I even make the QA folks laugh.

For me, THE MISSIONis to save my company or even better, save my customers from my company. (I couldn't find any whales to save).

If you cross my mission I become the most hard ass, dominant, driving force known to man-you know; an ENTJ. I will sit in meetings, stare them down, and grind them into submission accepting no excuses for thier stupid, useless, pandering indiocy. I also proceed to curse. a lot. I feel no fear of those on top becuase if they are so stupid as to not see the big picture and need for the correct solution, then they are also useless to me. I have single handedly delayed the release of products by six months in order to make sure the product is of the quality it needs to be.

When like this I love to go head to head with true ENTJs because I know I am right. They know my ENTJ state is built upon idealism and they also know I am right, so give me a tough argument but lots of respect. However I scare the crap out of some of the other types as they dont understand what just happened. Its like occasionally lapsing into bezerker mode, then rolling on the ground to get my puppy belly rubbed.

Hmmm, yes, this does sound familiar. I've got a little obsession with efficiency, and get pretty irritable and demanding when people go about tasks in a less efficient manner at work. It only happens at work though, and not often.

As far as the stubbornness with regards to the MISSION goes, I see this as far more Fi than Te. ENTJs aren't that hard-headed. If you give them a better argument, they'll come around to your side. However, logical arguments won't sway Fi judgements, because they're irrelevant/ inapplicable. I'd say you become an outspoken INFP... aka an ENFP :D.

G

garbage

I've got my own humanitarian issues that I take very dearly to heart, and the "typical" hard-nosed ENTJ-ness in me really only comes out when I feel the need to press those.

As a small and more directed example, I remember yelling at my ENFJ friend when he talked about how he initiated a fight with someone who was verbally taunting him.. long story, but I could barely control myself as I forcefully accused him of hiding behind social rules and roles and needing a concrete set of core principles.

Yeah, I don't typically get that passionate.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dunno about becoming an ENTJ, but I do become extremely protective, judgemental (which I really, really hate), and make split-second decisions and if I already have a clear idea of what I want, which is usually the case when I'm on a roll like this, other peoples opinions tend to be heard....but only if they don't slow me down. PC comments go out the window and my bluntness is....undeniable. Personally, I always feel embarassed afterwards, when I get this way. However, I usually only do it when protecting others from harm, particularly animals and as embarrassed as I feel, it's the only time I don't feel guilty about trampling over others.

I *can* get the same when defending some of my core beliefs, but then I do tend to feel guilty afterwards...

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

Yes, I'm pretty similar when on mission or trying to reach goal. I'm become ENTJ'ish with very strong Te but I still rather discussing than straight orders for people.

MattC333

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I've worked for big companies, massive chains etc. Everytimem I've found that I can't console myself with working for them. All I'm doing is going against what I believe in and feel miserable.

At least working for small businesses, I get the total satisfaction of 'I'm helping somebody AND I can see that I am!'

Do many other ENFPs find that they HAVE to work somewhere that lines up with their values or else they crumble?

I do start to resort to J in big places, not at the workers though because my brain goes 'they need to live, they need to eat, they need a roof, they're ok, they're forgiven for being dumb enough to work for an evil overlord'.

As soon as they hit management though, they've got a war on their hands.
One of the few times I'll ever go in for straight confrontation.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Haha....apparently quite a few of my friends think I'm an ENTJ. I find that hilarious, I sometimes "loose" things that are in my hands, I am hardly ever on time to anything(even if I planned it), and often do even know what day of the week it is. I understand the T versus the F because I tend to behave like a stoic unless I am deeply involved with someone.