User Tag List

First 2666747576777886 Last

Thread: ENFP playground

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Ask your dad bud. At least he had the good sense to pick a warm state to do it in. Plenty of fear and uncertainty always in the back of your mind.

Yeah, I've spent may a nights conversing about his tails..almost as if he's passing the torch to me..but I have to make it out of highschool first
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yPqYl6DJJs"]America: Horse With No Name[/YOUTUBE]

Conversation reminds me of this song.
    Yeah, it's a good song. I've always thought it cool to be like Josie Whales..an Outlaw, running from the fuzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    As a kid I wanted to be Hugh Hefner. Does that count?
    Oh, it counts, alright. It's still an adventure..an adventure through bunny-infested fields.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    That is what I want to do too. I think about this all the time.
    me too...it's hard to leave people though. i wish i could either not need the journey or not need the people it's too hard needing both.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I know what you mean. Sometimes I wish I didn't like people so I could just travel alone around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Yeah, it's a good song. I've always thought it cool to be like Josie Whales..an Outlaw, running from the fuzz.

Oh, it counts, alright. It's still an adventure..an adventure through bunny-infested fields.

I was going for the "doing new stuff everyday" feel of the wanderer character

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    So who else hates the neuroticism that comes with being an intense ENFP without a sufficient mental outlet? How about the vague feeling of doom lingering around the edges of your bubbly enthusiasm? Yeah, I'm feelin' it.

This practically summed up my day yesterday, at least at work.. until I got home, did some chores, and got the hell out of the house.

ugh :steam:

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Yeah! Like a vagabond. I've always thought of old tales of ancient times..the stranger that drifts in and out of towns..coming and going as he pleases..the enigma. That'd be the life. Spend a few magical days in one location, and move on.
    I still think like that. And even though I could survive very well in between towns. I would not like to do it for any length of time. Nor would going to a town foster any great belief in the goodness of most of humanity. These days many people are incredibly selfish, and paranoid. I can't really blame them, it seems like the world has gone nuts sometimes. Gone are the days of getting a meal and a place to sleep for a day's work. At least in most of the U.S.

Give me a tent, a knife, and a few carefully chosen pieces of equipment. And I can live pretty well in the forests here. But then I would get bored of not having someone to talk to.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I still think like that. And even though I could survive very well in between towns. I would not like to do it for any length of time. Nor would going to a town foster any great belief in the goodness of most of humanity. These days many people are incredibly selfish, and paranoid. I can't really blame them, it seems like the world has gone nuts sometimes. Gone are the days of getting a meal and a place to sleep for a day's work. At least in most of the U.S.

Give me a tent, a knife, and a few carefully chosen pieces of equipment. And I can live pretty well in the forests here. But then I would get bored of not having someone to talk to.
    You're so right. The times they are'a changin'. Less and less are people valuing basic survival skills and valuing everything they have. We all have our safe little houses. My dad is a lot like you, Biaxident.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i just want to be a gypsy and move about and meet people and never settle...i don't want the journey to end...can i just do that?

And yeah, I think you can just do that...at least I hope so 'cause I'm trying like hell to make it happen for myself. I'll let ya know in about 5 months if I've managed to pull it off.

The 2 1/2 months of living in my truck at Wal Mart was one of the most fun things I've ever done, so it's definitely not impossible, even in today's world.

Edit: Just saw your other post about needing people vs. needing the journey. I think the key is finding other people during the journey - then you'd never be bored. The Internet makes it a lot easier to keep in touch with people back home while you're out running around.
    "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post

Edit: Just saw your other post about needing people vs. needing the journey. I think the key is finding other people during the journey - then you'd never be bored.
    This is true. And of course much depends on whether you are deliberately taking a journey, or if it was involuntary.

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    The Internet makes it a lot easier to keep in touch with people back home while you're out running around.
    Have to admit, that does make it easier.

MBTI
    ENFP

This is true. And of course much depends on whether you are deliberately taking a journey, or if it was involuntary.
    Oh yeah, it's no fun when you're running away because you're forced to.

Have to admit, that does make it easier.
    When I lived in the truck, that was before wifi was everywhere, so I'd go to an Internet cafe and pay $2/hour to check email and IM people. I think I was the only person in there that wasn't an Asian kid playing Counterstrike.
    "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass