• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP playground

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
How true, how true. Really brings both sides to the story.

In a sense, I think running away will bring a bit of self-identity. What type of person you are when you don't have a house to live in, food given to you, a light to turn on when it's dark.

I think it's something to go out an experience, but eventually come back and use the awareness and freedom that you've gained and bring it into your life. Afterall, the more freedom we attain, the more responsibility we will assume.

It's no picnic. Not in a city anyway. :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's no picnic. Not in a city anyway. :)

Of course. You'd know more than us. I have no experience what-so-ever. I guess there's a part of me longing to run away, though..not to brave the world, though. It's not the destination, but the journey. What you get out of it, and what type of person it makes you. Real.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i just want to be a gypsy and move about and meet people and never settle...i don't want the journey to end...can i just do that?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
i just want to be a gypsy and move about and meet people and never settle...i don't want the journey to end...can i just do that?

Yeah! Like a vagabond. I've always thought of old tales of ancient times..the stranger that drifts in and out of towns..coming and going as he pleases..the enigma. That'd be the life. Spend a few magical days in one location, and move on.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Of course. You'd know more than us. I have no experience what-so-ever. I guess there's a part of me longing to run away, though..not to brave the world, though. It's not the destination, but the journey. What you get out of it, and what type of person it makes you. Real.

Ask your dad bud. At least he had the good sense to pick a warm state to do it in. Plenty of fear and uncertainty always in the back of your mind.:D

funny-pictures-6.JPG

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yPqYl6DJJs"]America: Horse With No Name[/YOUTUBE]

Conversation reminds me of this song.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yeah! Like a vagabond. I've always thought of old tales of ancient times..the stranger that drifts in and out of towns..coming and going as he pleases..the enigma. That'd be the life. Spend a few magical days in one location, and move on.

As a kid I wanted to be Hugh Hefner. Does that count?

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP

That is what I want to do too. I think about this all the time. :cheese::(

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ask your dad bud. At least he had the good sense to pick a warm state to do it in. Plenty of fear and uncertainty always in the back of your mind.:D

Yeah, I've spent may a nights conversing about his tails..almost as if he's passing the torch to me..but I have to make it out of highschool first :D
funny-pictures-6.JPG

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yPqYl6DJJs"]America: Horse With No Name[/YOUTUBE]

Conversation reminds me of this song.
Yeah, it's a good song. I've always thought it cool to be like Josie Whales..an Outlaw, running from the fuzz.

As a kid I wanted to be Hugh Hefner. Does that count?
Oh, it counts, alright. It's still an adventure..an adventure through bunny-infested fields.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is what I want to do too. I think about this all the time. :cheese::(

me too...it's hard to leave people though. i wish i could either not need the journey or not need the people it's too hard needing both.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I know what you mean. Sometimes I wish I didn't like people so I could just travel alone around the world.

Yeah, it's a good song. I've always thought it cool to be like Josie Whales..an Outlaw, running from the fuzz.

Oh, it counts, alright. It's still an adventure..an adventure through bunny-infested fields.

I was going for the "doing new stuff everyday" feel of the wanderer character :cheese:

G

garbage

So who else hates the neuroticism that comes with being an intense ENFP without a sufficient mental outlet? How about the vague feeling of doom lingering around the edges of your bubbly enthusiasm? :emot-emo: Yeah, I'm feelin' it.

:doh:

This practically summed up my day yesterday, at least at work.. until I got home, did some chores, and got the hell out of the house.

ugh :steam:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP

I still think like that. And even though I could survive very well in between towns. I would not like to do it for any length of time. Nor would going to a town foster any great belief in the goodness of most of humanity. These days many people are incredibly selfish, and paranoid. I can't really blame them, it seems like the world has gone nuts sometimes. Gone are the days of getting a meal and a place to sleep for a day's work. At least in most of the U.S.

Give me a tent, a knife, and a few carefully chosen pieces of equipment. And I can live pretty well in the forests here. But then I would get bored of not having someone to talk to. :)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I still think like that. And even though I could survive very well in between towns. I would not like to do it for any length of time. Nor would going to a town foster any great belief in the goodness of most of humanity. These days many people are incredibly selfish, and paranoid. I can't really blame them, it seems like the world has gone nuts sometimes. Gone are the days of getting a meal and a place to sleep for a day's work. At least in most of the U.S.

Give me a tent, a knife, and a few carefully chosen pieces of equipment. And I can live pretty well in the forests here. But then I would get bored of not having someone to talk to. :)

You're so right. The times they are'a changin'. Less and less are people valuing basic survival skills and valuing everything they have. We all have our safe little houses. My dad is a lot like you, Biaxident.

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP

:yes:

And yeah, I think you can just do that...at least I hope so 'cause I'm trying like hell to make it happen for myself. I'll let ya know in about 5 months if I've managed to pull it off. :D

The 2 1/2 months of living in my truck at Wal Mart was one of the most fun things I've ever done, so it's definitely not impossible, even in today's world.

Edit: Just saw your other post about needing people vs. needing the journey. I think the key is finding other people during the journey - then you'd never be bored. The Internet makes it a lot easier to keep in touch with people back home while you're out running around.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
:yes:

Edit: Just saw your other post about needing people vs. needing the journey. I think the key is finding other people during the journey - then you'd never be bored.

This is true. And of course much depends on whether you are deliberately taking a journey, or if it was involuntary.

The Internet makes it a lot easier to keep in touch with people back home while you're out running around.

Have to admit, that does make it easier.

:)

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
This is true. And of course much depends on whether you are deliberately taking a journey, or if it was involuntary.

Oh yeah, it's no fun when you're running away because you're forced to.

Have to admit, that does make it easier.

When I lived in the truck, that was before wifi was everywhere, so I'd go to an Internet cafe and pay $2/hour to check email and IM people. I think I was the only person in there that wasn't an Asian kid playing Counterstrike. :)