User Tag List

First 1262102110111112113114122 Last

Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1223

Thread: ENFP playground

  1. #1111
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    I can seriously consider doing without reflective surfaces (in the literal sense) for the rest of my life. Driving is the main concern. Oh, world.

    The editing is more interesting than anything. I can never quite remember how the post used to be, the last time I read it.
    I can't decide if I'm offended or admire your insight into my multitudes.

    I don't know...never seeing your physical shell...it would be an interesting experiment.

    And I don't drive.

  2. #1112
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    I looked up Catullus to try and give your work some frame of reference, and was disappointed to learn that he was known for writing love poetry. I would have been much happier to read that he wrote poetry, perhaps about love. The more expressive things get, the more they 'break'. Poetry becomes art, at some point art drops into 'expression'. Expression, perhaps, is a place where entities can both observe the same items. Our physical forms are limited; otherwise we could merely become expression and observe one another. I suppose this is actually true, if we assume expressed items to be part of the individual.
    I think you misunderstand...my first post was a fictitious scenario (it says so in another post...but maybe it got lost in an edit). It was kind of like a scene from The Name of The Rose (film or book). I've never actually sat down in a monastery to write by the light of an oil lamp. Sorry. *puppy eyes*

    I read Catullus in highscool, but I barely remember him. I used him because he was a Latin author and the monks in monasteries transcribed a lot of Latin writers.

    I don't think I've written a love poem ever. I've written very hermetic and associative poems expressing feelings during feely times. I rarely write creatively anyway...something in me resists it (for now)...and I stick with analytical writing (analysing other people's writing)...but I do like Hölderlin, the German poet I mentioned.

    CONFUSION

    The more expressive things get, the more they 'break'
    How do they break? Or should the question be what do they break?

  3. #1113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    my first post was a fictitious scenario

    I don't think I've written a love poem ever. I've written very hermetic and associative poems expressing feelings during feely times.

    How do they break? Or should the question be what do they break?
    Ah, I understood that comment to mean that your work was inspired by The Name of The Rose, not that your post was :]

    Well, if intense expression breaks in some ways the form of the work, it is possible you have written a love poem, depending on how your feelings were directed. I am thinking along the lines of, I start writing a love poem, and my poem shares various characteristics with other established love poetry. Is it possible that I will need to break conventions and drop certain (shared) characteristics in order to fully express myself? Poem on a webpage -> handwritten poem on paper -> handwritten poem with doodles, and so on.

    edit - that is more of a progression of poetry becoming visual art. I meant, I might need to stop directly addressing love and turn to another subject, perhaps in order to make or emphasize a point. But the point would have to come back to love, I think, so . . .

    I know nothing of Hölderlin.

  4. #1114
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    Ah, I understood that comment to mean that your work was inspired by The Name of The Rose, not that your post was :]

    Well, if intense expression breaks in some ways the form of the work, it is possible you have written a love poem, depending on how your feelings were directed.

    I know nothing of Hölderlin.
    Hmm, you've laid bare my content-focussed ideas because it never even occurred to me that a poem might be considered a love poem or not a love poem only because of its form. That's interesting. I am definitely more content-oriented than form-oriented...a limerick expressing love is a love poem to me. Do break conventions...they wouldn't be conventions if they didn't hold to promise of someone breaking them. To me it seems natural that inspiration should have the power to bend the form of expression at will. It's an interesting thing to ponder...I mean you had those writing factories where gothic novels were produced that simply had to exhibit all the conventions of the genre, but nothing more, so it does exist. But those are widely considered inferior. It's very interesting...real art so the general concensus seems to be is the domain of the inner expression more than it is the domain of the outer rule.

    Do you write?

    OMG, you've turned into an edit-whore too. Shame on us.

    I EDITED it because it's what all the cool kids do these days. :p

  5. #1115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Hmm, you've laid bare my content-focussed ideas because it never even occurred to me that a poem might be considered a love poem or not a love poem only because of its form.

    Do you write?
    The editing is necessary to advance.

    I do not write, really. Infrequently I stuff nice things into content entry fields but that has been about it recently. I do hope to write an autobiography-like-thing in the next few months. I might consider it the volume of my crusade.

    Form may have been the wrong word, and I may have argued myself in a circle here: I think I was envisioning a love poem that does not actually address love at some point. That does not make sense though . . . no matter how extensive the tangents, they would all relate to love somehow.

    edit - I had the idea of the 'breaking' physical form (written poetry to written and visual poetry-art, for example) and was trying to relate or apply that idea to the subject of the work. So, love 'breaking' into something else.

  6. #1116
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    The editing is necessary to advance.

    I do not write, really. Infrequently I stuff nice things into content entry fields but that has been about it recently. I do hope to write an autobiography-like-thing in the next few months. I might consider it the volume of my crusade.

    Form may have been the wrong word, and I may have argued myself in a circle here: I think I was envisioning a love poem that does not actually address love at some point. That does not make sense though . . . no matter how extensive the tangents, they would all relate to love somehow.

    edit - I had the idea of the 'breaking' physical form (written poetry to written and visual poetry-art, for example) and was trying to relate or apply that idea to the subject of the work. So, love 'breaking' into something else.
    Another emotion? There are many love poems that break into hate.

    Anyway, it's way past bedtime in my part of the world.

    Nice talking to you, hope you have fun in your warm whale waters.

  7. #1117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    528

    Default

    glad you had a nice time in the playground :]

  8. #1118
    Senior Member Sacrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Call me...Sheherazade.

    When I see your avatar, I think lamp oil...it reminds me of days gone by when I would copy Latin verses by the lamp light in the old monastery. I spilled the ink 4 times in 2 hours on average, but the end result was a simmering well of word-worlds. I invented some poems as well and hid them between a couple of Catulluses. What kind of poems would you say?
    lol maybe because whales were usually harvested for there blubber for lamp oil?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.derekrhode.com/MiscHosting/Pics/151645.png[/SIGPIC]

  9. #1119
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrator View Post
    lol maybe because whales were usually harvested for there blubber for lamp oil?
    Obviously.

  10. #1120
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    INTJ's are conquiring the ENFP playground! :eek:

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Hate an ENFP? Tell us why!
    By findthejake in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 1133
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 02:44 PM
  2. [ENFP] ENFP's are PARANOID! Hahahaha...um...
    By CzeCze in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 09:33 AM
  3. [ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction
    By targobelle in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 03:07 PM
  4. [ENFP] INFP vs. ENFP
    By arcticangel02 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 04:19 AM
  5. [ENFP] The ENFP Paradox
    By autumn in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 04:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO