User Tag List

First 1161101109110111112113121 Last

Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1223

Thread: ENFP playground

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I chose the second answer in that poll, though it was a stretch.

roll down the windows, roll up the volume

Uytuun . . . tell me about your multitudes.

MBTI
    nnnn

Call me...Sheherazade.

When I see your avatar, I think lamp oil...it reminds me of days gone by when I would copy Latin verses by the lamp light in the old monastery. I spilled the ink 4 times in 2 hours on average, but the end result was a simmering well of word-worlds. I invented some poems as well and hid them between a couple of Catulluses. What kind of poems would you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    You need to get whatever fragment the dog is the signifier for to move back within your husband's grasp.

And by taking part in the symbol, I don't mean completely indulging it either. On the contrary, it helps a lot to have someone on the inside that can guide you into not letting it overwhelm you.
    I am enjoying your words and phrasing this afternoon.

What are some things you associate Sheherazade with?

MBTI
    nnnn

Thank you. Enough psychoanalytical literary analysis will make you talk like that. :p

Mmm, right now with a book I wrote a paper on. It's called Restlessness...there's a woman and she's hired an assassin to kill her who keeps her talking throughout the book...she talks towards a death that turns into life, so she reverses a reverse Arabian Nights.

What about your multitudes?

I have not read any Catullus, however I hope your work was much less grounded than his. I am curious if abstract love poetry ceases to be love poetry at some point. Or, perhaps true love poetry is hopelessly abstract.

Oh, them :] *tries to look inward and instead looks over shoulder*

Last week I re-read Loren Eiseley's The Star Thrower, which briefly addresses evolution and tells the story of a man who comes to cast washed-up starfish back into the sea, as the shell collectors around him move the distressed organisms inland.

Also had a fruitful discussion involving mirrors, in Ventrilo last night. The Whiteboard in the bonfire is part of what resulted from this conversation.

I ended up going through some photographs today, which got me wanting to direct my time in that area again.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    I have not read any Catullus, however I hope your work was much less grounded than his. I am curious if abstract love poetry ceases to be love poetry at some point. Or, perhaps true love poetry is hopelessly abstract.
    (I was making it up inspired by The Name of the Rose...mediaeval monasteries)

Wooo...what do you consider abstract love poetry? Why would it cease to be love poetry? I think you can arrange a lot of symbols/things into a very meaningful form (ok, so then essentially it's art in general and not poetry anymore, although language is a stretchy term)...numbers, tree branches...I suppose that what is required is a form of symbolic order and concept.

Why would a series of puddles dug into the sand and filled by the ocean intended to evoke love not be love poetry?

And then there's the role of interpretation...who decides what a piece of art is or isn't? The maker, the receiver?

I'm highly abstract with feelings and poetry, maybe a little too abstract...I like Hölderlin, but he's a German poet.

Yes, I edit like a crazy lady. Sorry.

Evolution is awesome. So are mirrors. Could you do without reflective surfaces for the rest of your life?

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I think you can arrange a lot of symbols/things into a very meaningful form (ok, so then essentially it's art in general and not poetry anymore, although language is a stretchy term)...numbers, tree branches...I suppose that what is required is a form of symbolic order and concept.

Why would a series of puddles dug into the sand and filled by the ocean intended to evoke love not be love poetry?

And then there's the role of interpretation...who decides what a piece of art is or isn't? The maker, the receiver?

I'm highly abstract with feelings and poetry, maybe a little too abstract...I like Hölderlin, but he's a German poet.

Yes, I edit like a crazy lady. Sorry.

Could you do without reflective surfaces for the rest of your life?
    I can seriously consider doing without reflective surfaces (in the literal sense) for the rest of my life. Driving is the main concern. Oh, world.

The editing is more interesting than anything. I can never quite remember how the post used to be, the last time I read it.

I looked up Catullus to try and give your work some frame of reference, and was disappointed to learn that he was known for writing love poetry. I would have been much happier to read that he wrote poetry, perhaps about love. The more expressive things get, the more they 'break'. Poetry becomes art, at some point art drops into 'expression'. Expression, perhaps, is a place where entities can both observe the same items. Our physical forms are limited; otherwise we could merely become expression and observe one another. I suppose this is actually true, if we assume expressed items to be part of the individual.

I am now thinking about identity, the maker, the receiver, the observer. Is 'art' an extension of the maker's identity (Does it also have a discrete identity of its own? I think yes.)? If so, does it get incorporated into the identity of the receiver? The observers? I also consider the maker to later become an observer of their own work, not that they cease to be the maker.

I realize I like the editing dynamic. It is a spiral of understanding and clarification and feels more reminiscent of conversation flow.