User Tag List

12 Last

Default ENFP ISFP couplehood

just was wondering if any enfps have ever been in a long term relationship with an isfp? i guess i have been feeling very horrible for a year now because i was with an isfp for more than 5 years we ended up marrying and now are legally separated. always feel like i should've "tried harder" to make it work because he is just such a nice, kind, generous, genuine person. i feel like i'm an idealist jerk who expects too much (because i dream of how i would feel with an infj ) - - why wasn't an ISFP good enough for me :confused: ? Can any ENFPs relate to this? Or any NFs for that matter? There was nothing wrong or bad about my ISFP . . . i just longed and longed to be with an "NF" to the point where i had to end it with the "SP".

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

aww...no but i'm sorry you're sad.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

thanks erina
    you are a sweet enfp!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I did, in my teeny years, jr. high school romance..

What's important is if the relationship nurtures you from within right? If something doesn't feel *right,* it doesn't feel right. When I'm with the wrong person, there's this constant feeling of tension, uneasiness- like I cannot totally be myself, can't talk about anything & everything with and feel that mutual validation. That bond.

When you're with the right person, things just flow. Both people jive well together. Pure FUN! When times get rough, both partners make a great team. They work through troubles with ease (most times). Keep ya head up! I do believe things happen for a reason, and think you made the right choice. Look out for Mr. Right. We learn from our past relationships right? Hang tight.

P.S.- Erina sure is.. *carebear hug*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

aww...just saw those. how sweet are you guys!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Default ENFP becoming ENTJ in a relationship

Viv, thank you for your positivity and encouragement - - sometimes i am truly amazed at how good another enfp can make me feel

another point i wanted to bring up to go along with this thread is the whole ENFP "going to" ENTJ when we are stressed or when forced to use our unnatural processes . . . in other words . . . i guess i realized that over time that my ISFP brought the ENTJ out of me and i did not like this feeling. It took years to really grasp how often i was going into ENTJ mode & was wondering if perchance any other ENFPs have ended a long term serious relationship for the same reason?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

It's hard for me to imagine an ENFP with an S even though, of course, we get along with s.

Don't forget that an NF may not fix anything for you either. You need to find someone you connect with and don't get tied down quickly. It's easy to see what could be but that doesn't mean you will find it by finding an NF.

Lotsa hugs, don't beat yourself up, try to learn from it.

Remember, you listed all those positive attributes of you ISFP. You could be saying the same about an NF in a few years. Try to keep your eyes open and not get caught up in ENFP relationship sparkles.

There are a couple of difficult relationship areas for the ENFP. The first problem is that many ENFPs have a problem leaving bad relationships. They tend to internalize any problems and take them on their own shoulders, believing that the success or failure of the relationship is their own responsibility. As perfectionists, they don't like to admit defeat, and will stick with bad situations long after they should have left. When they do leave the relationship, they will believe that the failure was their fault, and that there was surely something they could have done to save the relationship.

On the entirely other end of the spectrum, many ENFPs have a difficult time staying focused and following things through to completion. If they have not focused on their ability to follow through, they may have problems staying in dedicated, monogamous relationships. They are so in tune with all of the exciting possibilities of what could be, that they will always fantasize about a greener pasture out there somewhere. If they are not paired with a partner who enjoys new experiences, or who shares their idealistic enthusiasm, the ENFP may become bored. The ENFP who is bored and who is not focused will be very unhappy, and will eventually "leave" the relationship if the problem is not addressed.
    I really like this page
    ENFP Relationships

Elaur, you made me feel a million times better when you said that you cannot imagine an ENFP with an 'S'. A million, trillion bo billion!!!!! So thank you for that I met the ISFP during my early college years & he seemed different from other guys & more like me than other people & we clicked & stayed together. just a few years ago i just really started realizing that something was missing but could not put my finger on it. Then BAM - I fell in love with MBTI one day 3 years ago & was able to finally put a "label" to the feeling / understand the feeling through my understanding of S/N & then finally felt "justified" in my feelings.

AND . . . OMG Elaur - that ENFP relationship snippet is so true! I can completely relate to both paragraphs . . . sad, but true. I wish it wasn't so hard being us. My work will never be done!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

tell me about it...blah
    -Jim Morrison

^ ^ ^ i love you guys!