• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP happy-o-meter

How happy are you with everyday life?

• 10 - i am totally & utterly satisfied with work and love and play

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 - things are great - i'm working my mission, and love is all around

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 8 - job and personal life are a happy place for me now

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 7 - things are good - not great, but good - i'm not complaining

• 6 - ahh, i'm doing OK but have a few places to improve

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • 5 - i get through the day, i'm lucky - things could be worse

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • 4 - the chores and routines are really dragging me down

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 3 - i feel pretty alone and need to find my soulmate

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 2 - it sucks but i'm not telling you why

• 1 - don't ask, don't even ask :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
How happy are you with your everyday life and why?

What brings you the most satisfaction? What weighs you down the heaviest?

Is it hard to feel contented when one is an INFP? I often feel a sense of needing to do more with my life, work on my mission in this world (even better if I could figure out all the things I am supposed to do LOL!)

Vote in the poll above - 1 is the suckiest, and 10 the bestest!

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Happy? Not to bother much about it. I give myself about a nine on the contented scale.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

All I do all day, every day is either go to school or just do nothing. My friends are usually busy, I get to see them maybe once a week (-1). My job got really bad with a completely new management that had no idea what they were doing, so I quit there. I was supposed to transfer to another Food Lion but they never gave me the call (-1). I don't have a lover, which sucks a lot. I live in the bible belt of NC so there is hardly anyone here that I even remotely like (-1). Plus, I'm bored out of my mind with life. I have nothing to do, I just sit here on the internet all day (-1). My mom is also going crazy with the whole "out of the nest" syndrome. She is just now realizing that I want to be more of a roommate than a son in her household, my dad is already doing this with me and it's fine. My dad and I eat together and talk, we sometimes go out and do something. He leaves me alone. But my mom isn't taking it so well, it's stressful (-1).

So that's -5 there. I didn't give it anything lower because:

I really like living with my dad, he leaves me alone and I have a lot of freedom (+1). I only have to go to school for 3 hours a day (+1). I have everything I could ever want on the belongings side of life, which isn't much. Some video games, lots of books bought with my money and a good computer with internet (+1). I have some very close friends that I could trust with anything, we are very close to each other and want to see each other a lot (+1). I have my life under control, I got my weight tame since the holidays and I'm back at a healthy 200 pounds (healthy for me anyways, +1).

You can't just look at the bad things in life, there are good things wherever you look. It's just hard to notice when there are bad things.

I'd say your description of 3/10 fits me well, but I give myself a 5. :tongue:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
A 3 could also mean "i have a relationship, but my job is utterly unbearable right now" ...

Think of the related angst-o-meter-ness of each statement, not necessarily literal. ;)

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
7 :)

Mostly pretty fulfilled personally at present, but points deducted for long-distance relationship *sigh*, annoying family, and the fact that this ol' house is COLD at present.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm feeling a 6, but there's always room for improvement. I feel alone sometimes, but then I realize that those feelings are coming not from actually being alone, but from fear of being alone again. I still get worried sometimes. I start thinking that the people who are friends with me are only friends out of convenience, but then I realize how much they mean to me, and I stop. Job and life are stressful, sometimes I just want to quit the RA job and school and just go home, but other times I wouldn't trade it for anything, especially when you make a difference for someone, and you realize why you're doing the job in the first place.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I said 9. I don't like school much, but it's ok and it could be a lot worse... at the very least it's good for socializing. I'm very happy with my other pursuits in life, my hobbies, creativity, ect. I've been having a very good last few months for the most part, and I'm quite content, optmistic, satisfied, confident, happy, ect. I'm not in a romantic relationship, but I feel like that could easily change at any second, and I don't mind being single anyway.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After reading what the poll choices are I'd say mine is more of a 3. :blush:

bluebreads

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Last year, same time: 8

This year, same time: 3
The major I'm pursuing right now does not interest me much despite decent grades. I also have this tendency to procrastinate and stress myself out toward exam time when I am forced to cram (learn) everything myself in a matter of hours. The end result is illegible handwriting and pimples of monstrous proportions. Also, I take these classes alone and although I would like to make friends, big lecture halls don''t condone this.

Socially? Perpetually inept. Things were magnificent last year until I got into a big, uncomfortable one-sided cold war with a close friend. And then everything went to shambles because I could not comprehend the idea of losing this friend and obsessed over it. Proceeded to lose all mutual friends as well. And now I am miserable.

Family: Both older sisters suddenly decided to get married, move out, and bear children all within this one year. They live their own lives now and although I love my folks, it's really depressing and lonely at home.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
How happy are you with your everyday life and why?

What brings you the most satisfaction? What weighs you down the heaviest?

Is it hard to feel contented when one is an INFP? I often feel a sense of needing to do more with my life, work on my mission in this world (even better if I could figure out all the things I am supposed to do LOL!)

Vote in the poll above - 1 is the suckiest, and 10 the bestest!

Happiness, satisfaction and contentment are not quite the same to me.
Happiness isn't a goal. It's an emotion like every other one I experience: sadness, anger, melancholy, joy, excitment, anxiety, fear, awe, boredom, eagerness. It's quite a bit better than anger or fear, but I can't imagine being happy all the time. Impossibility. (You know what, this might just be my pessimism talking. I think I'm at a 5 or 6 right now.)

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
While I do agree with the text near number 3, 7 seems like the best option right now. Depends on the day though. :p

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Hmm yes, my description of what constitutes a 3 may be slightly flawed (and biased). Just 'cause you're not with someone, doesn't mean you can't be happy!

Spreading all my INFP love across this thread like peanut butter and jelly on yummy fresh bread.

That even rhymes LOL!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4, but getting better.

My life was really dark for about 16 months while I was forced to face just about every personal demon I think I had while helping my mom through some family issues. The final straw was last month, when I told my mom that I needed to get more personal time because I ruined all but one of my friendships and was concerned about my health. (I've gained a bit of weight over the past 16 months.) Her reply? "So? It must be nice to be able to say you've just had enough. I've gained weight, too." THAT's when it really hit me that my mom was so wrapped up in her issues that she wasn't looking out for me at all. So I decided that I needed to care for myself, now.

There are still plenty of challenges, but at least now I occasionally have free time to myself. It's actually quite wonderful. Maybe someday I'll quit wasting it here. :)

My job doesn't give me any passion, but I like it well enough and it pays pretty well, so I'll keep it for now at least.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I voted four! Yay! Actually life is okay. No boyfriend, but that doesn't matter too much. Jobs okay, but I want to do something not quite so serious.
All in all not unhappy....like to win lotto perhaps and not work for the man, then I can spend my days puddling round in my own world. I would like a puppy, that would be cool too.
I can be very up and down in my moods though, option four though best describes how I feel on any given day.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I voted 4 because it describes my loathing of my chores and responsibilities to a T (no not you T's).

From 4 comes the feeling of all numbers preceding it.