User Tag List

123 Last

Default ENFP and INFP relationship

What are your thoughts on this relationship? Would it work, or fail miserably?

MBTI
    ISFJ

I hope it does, because I tend to like INFP women even if I never actually dated one. (Only Ss...)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i like infp's too...i think it would help if the f/t was pretty balanced...i wouldn't be good with too much f i don't think....but yeah...i think it could...and looking back i think my first serious boyfriend probably was an infp...and we were together for 3 years...but a lil too much f for me...it was smothering.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Encounters are always friendly with los ENFPs, but there is never any tension... that "thing", that metaphorical fishing hook that gets caught in the roof of my mouth and digs itself up through the middle of my skull, that affirmation that I'm more than a passing acquaintance. I slide right past all that I meet. We probably find each other pleasing, maybe like an ice cream cone from McDonalds, but definitely not Haagen-Dazs.

The one that I know well is always off chasing bigger and grander visions, talking to anyone and everyone, respectfully treating them all with the same genuine smile and concern. I reflect and reflect and reflect some more.

We get along very well, but we both try to change each other because we think that we'll be able to look for what we need in each other because it can be so pleasing at first.

An ENFP needs someone precise in thought but capable of having fun in the moment. INFPs, in all of our internal spaciness, need someone precise in thought but capable of pulling us into the real world. Someone who is capable of introspection is a plus.

I meet ENFP women at school and work and wherever all the time. N/A in that area of relationships, though. I'll be honest... I can't see it ever working with one.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

is this a typical feeling introverts have about all extraverts...or is this an enfp thing...because it bothers me quite a lot i think...i do know how to make someone feel more special than anyone else...i am not the "same" to everyone...i hate that people assume that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I believe you, I guess. Can't speak for anyone else.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I don't know if I can see myself having a serious relationship with an ENFP, I'd feel like they'd loose interest in me too fast, I feel like ENFPs would require another mate as playful as them, but that's only from my own experiences and in no way is it the case with other INFPs.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I get what you're saying CandyLandJoe,

I was surprised to meet a few INFPs in class, who happen to take the test through the school's career counseling department.. that's when I notice we were really similar in a lot of ways, but the main difference was our style of communication. Though, I'm not an extreme extrovert, there is somewhat of a difference.

I personally find INFPs adorable. In my long-term relationships, the extroverts were the ones I lasted longest with.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I am dating an INFP. We are very much in love. The best part is using our collective Ne and Fi to have long conversations that just go on well into the night. He is heavily introverted but we spend most of our time together. I find that just having him in the room kind of satiates my extraversion and my long silences keep him from becoming overwhelmed.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've seen it work. Why wouldn't it?

Say the ENFP was very interested, and so was the INFP. That would work, that is how every relationship happens.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)