First 345

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    I'll prolly try extreme sports in near future.
    Curling. The level of amazing extremeness witnessed when playing that 'sport' is unparalleled.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I think most of how well I did at sports has to do with being a type 7 more than being an ENFP.

I hated more than anything that I was "handicapped" and struggled to prove that I could do everything that I wasn't supposed to be able to do.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The artificial premise of sports for social competition has never made sense for me personally, although I can understand its importance for other people. It seems to be a good way to channel aggression and get exercise. It is like stylized fighting and combat. I personally have no trouble with physical coordination when studying gymnastics or artistic dance (not in a social context though), or some other expressive movement. When I try to play a ball game and someone is coming at me with those intense beady eyes with a singular objective in mind, my instinctual response is "you seem to want this ball more than I actually do, so here take it and be happy." I can't make myself care enough about getting a ball away from someone and calling it a win.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I used to be alright at hockey. Was an awesome winger, because I was fast. Apparently I was good at netball too (I don't remember this, I just remember pain) because I apparently thought about who to pass too.
    Swimming was probably my thing though.
    Don't like the competiveness though, and how rabid some people get.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    The artificial premise of sports for social competition has never made sense for me personally, although I can understand its importance for other people. It seems to be a good way to channel aggression and get exercise. It is like stylized fighting and combat. I personally have no trouble with physical coordination when studying gymnastics or artistic dance (not in a social context though), or some other expressive movement. When I try to play a ball game and someone is coming at me with those intense beady eyes with a singular objective in mind, my instinctual response is "you seem to want this ball more than I actually do, so here take it and be happy." I can't make myself care enough about getting a ball away from someone and calling it a win.
    LoL. Same here!!

MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram

i'm not really into sports at all. i have really bad balance/coordination so that hasnt helped much. and i don't really care for watching sports either. i go to a university where football is H U G E. i've gone to games a couple of times, but it's still hard for me to really get into it. i think i just get bored.

Sniffles

I'm pretty good at sports, not necessarily excellent. Lately I haven't done much in this area of life, since work gives more than enough physical activity as it is. Last sport I really tried out was fencing, and I really really enjoyed it. When I have time and energy I would like to get back into it.