User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

I like team sports and martial arts because they are usual more about using your head than other sports where you need "simply" to push yourself to the limit.

When sports stimulate the mind and tactics need to be applied it gets a lot more fun.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I don't think NFs are really limited by physical ability, like having bad coordination. They often just lack a competitive drive. In most team sports, you need to fully put yourself out there and almost get into a primitive mind frame.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Ah! So it's just about peripheral vision and team dynamics?
    That, and a ball flying towards me all of a sudden and I can't react soon enough ... or cause it to go in the wrong direction!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    Sports - No. Never.
    Coordination - Heck yeah. FPS games are like crack to me. I love seeing boys run from me - its awesome.
    Interesting about FPS games. I used to love it too. Rather than reacting you are one step ahead even, Ne just goes nuts, it's a rush. It was like, "12 people in a room firing rockets at me! cool, lets dodge... ", funny thing is we are meant to be tactical, and I didn't always care about tactics, I just wanted to get in the middle of the action and rely on instinct. I loved quake for that reason, because it was fast and smooth. Counter-strike and some of the new ones are slow and tactical, and bore me sh*tless. Like why hide behind a rock for an hour?
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Interesting about FPS games. I used to love it too. Rather than reacting you are one step ahead even, Ne just goes nuts, it's a rush. It was like, "12 people in a room firing rockets at me! cool, lets dodge... ", funny thing is we are meant to be tactical, and I didn't always care about tactics, I just wanted to get in the middle of the action and rely on instinct. I loved quake for that reason, because it was fast and smooth. Counter-strike and some of the new ones are slow and tactical, and bore me sh*tless. Like why hide behind a rock for an hour?
    O yeah - Quake, UT99 - awesome. CS - Not so much. I'm a rail gun whore - and sniping just isnt my thing. Run N Gun all the way!!!

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    That, and a ball flying towards me all of a sudden and I can't react soon enough ... or cause it to go in the wrong direction!
    I worked with an INFP, who.. if you wanted a giggle.. was well worth throwing something to, eg an apple, and watching her miss and it bounce off her nose. (with her permission of course)

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    I'm a rail gun whore - and sniping just isnt my thing.
    Me too actually. Only game where I always go for the sniping gun even for close encounters. It's just too much fun. When you get to a certain level of mastery you feel godlike

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I guess I'm in okay shape, though I hardly exceirce. I do run, and ride my bike everywhere when weather permits. As for sports, I don't care for them..I spent so many years of my younger life being apart of teams, and was amazed at how serious a lot of people took it, and wanted out, so I've actually quit like four different sports, which didn't go over with a lot of people, whom I don't hang out with anymore.

I am extremely uncompetitive, and could care less for winning. I hardly do anything in my gym class, which I find to be the biggest joke ever. People pick fun of me because I read sometimes, when a lot of other people are interlocked in hard-headed competitions, which I have no desire for.

However, I spend most of my time outdoors, and my summers are spent hiking, backpacking, swimming, biking and jogging, usually with one or two friends, or on my own.

I don't hang out with people who are into sports either, except maybe cross country. Being in a highschool, I'd say cliques and groups are pretty strong.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

During my early schooling I was hopelessly weak and uncoordinated. Resulting in various situations that made my life more of a hell than it already was. Then I discovered weight-lifting, and spent several hours each day in our basement working out. I think it improved my coordination and ability to perform physical tasks immensely.

I have also been involved in martial arts of one form or another since my early teens. Which gave me the discipline and self-confidence to generally ignore the asshats I seem to have met so often in life.

I still generally dislike team sports though, too many jerks trying to impress someone at the expense of their team.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I really hate sports, everything about them. Playing them, watching them. I am very coordinated though, I love video games.

What people do has nothing to do with personality type. My dad is an ISTP and hates sports... On the other hand I know N's that love them.

The two are pretty much unrelated to answer your question.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)