• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs sport and coordination

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I think most of how well I did at sports has to do with being a type 7 more than being an ENFP.

I hated more than anything that I was "handicapped" and struggled to prove that I could do everything that I wasn't supposed to be able to do.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The artificial premise of sports for social competition has never made sense for me personally, although I can understand its importance for other people. It seems to be a good way to channel aggression and get exercise. It is like stylized fighting and combat. I personally have no trouble with physical coordination when studying gymnastics or artistic dance (not in a social context though), or some other expressive movement. When I try to play a ball game and someone is coming at me with those intense beady eyes with a singular objective in mind, my instinctual response is "you seem to want this ball more than I actually do, so here take it and be happy." I can't make myself care enough about getting a ball away from someone and calling it a win.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to be alright at hockey. Was an awesome winger, because I was fast. Apparently I was good at netball too (I don't remember this, I just remember pain) because I apparently thought about who to pass too.
Swimming was probably my thing though.
Don't like the competiveness though, and how rabid some people get.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
The artificial premise of sports for social competition has never made sense for me personally, although I can understand its importance for other people. It seems to be a good way to channel aggression and get exercise. It is like stylized fighting and combat. I personally have no trouble with physical coordination when studying gymnastics or artistic dance (not in a social context though), or some other expressive movement. When I try to play a ball game and someone is coming at me with those intense beady eyes with a singular objective in mind, my instinctual response is "you seem to want this ball more than I actually do, so here take it and be happy." I can't make myself care enough about getting a ball away from someone and calling it a win.
LoL. :heart: Same here!! :smile:

Petite Etoile

MBTI Type
InTJ
Enneagram
i'm not really into sports at all. i have really bad balance/coordination so that hasnt helped much. and i don't really care for watching sports either. i go to a university where football is H U G E. i've gone to games a couple of times, but it's still hard for me to really get into it. i think i just get bored.

S

Sniffles

I'm pretty good at sports, not necessarily excellent. Lately I haven't done much in this area of life, since work gives more than enough physical activity as it is. Last sport I really tried out was fencing, and I really really enjoyed it. When I have time and energy I would like to get back into it.