• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] book club!

Fairy...

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Lets start a book club to discuss some of our favourite reads...

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
The Wave, about a societal experiment pertaining to the Nazi era.

I'm pretty sure I have actually watched or a movie (or was it a short film) on that before. I was fairly impressed but I'm sure the book does much more justice than the movie.

Oh and books are good :D

Currently reading:

Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, basically a look at how we analyze a massive amount of information in a very short period of time to make split second decisions.

Just finished The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, great book. A lot of good life lessons crammed into that one.

And finally about to start Wuthering Heights due to having been enthralled by Pink's otherworldly beholding of it.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The last book I read was The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It left me pretty weepy by the end. It's about a father and son who have survived an undefined global apocalypse, who are travelling south along an old highway in the hopes of finding some kind of salvation at the end.

McCarthy's writing style is bare-bones, eschewing a lot of punctuation and grammatical norms. It took me a few pages to "get" his style, but once it clicked, I couldn't put his stuff down.

He also wrote No Country for Old Men, which was another novel that profoundly affected me. If you've seen the movie, you get a general glimpse at the underlying themes and messages, but it doesn't quite touch the depths of the novel itself.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I am in the midst of reading Cryptonomicon, I'll be sure to reply here again, when I'm through. I still have another 1,000 pages to go, though..

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
The last book I read was The Road by Cormac McCarthy. It left me pretty weepy by the end. It's about a father and son who have survived an undefined global apocalypse, who are travelling south along an old highway in the hopes of finding some kind of salvation at the end.

McCarthy's writing style is bare-bones, eschewing a lot of punctuation and grammatical norms. It took me a few pages to "get" his style, but once it clicked, I couldn't put his stuff down.

He also wrote No Country for Old Men, which was another novel that profoundly affected me. If you've seen the movie, you get a general glimpse at the underlying themes and messages, but it doesn't quite touch the depths of the novel itself.

I've been thinking of picking up The Road for quite awhile now, glad to hear you enjoyed it.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I am in the midst of reading Cryptonomicon, I'll be sure to reply here again, when I'm through. I still have another 1,000 pages to go, though..

Wow, I just did a quick google on that book and it looks like it has the potential it be a damn good read. From what you have read so far would you recommend it and what would you say the overall tone of the book is?