• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] _NFPs, are you very private?

autumn

MBTI Type
eNFP
Something I've come across a few times, and that I myself have noticed as well, is that _NFPs apparently tend to be very private about our personal lives. Do you find this to be true in your experience, and why do you think this is?

autumn

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I used to be very private. Secretive, actually.

As I've gotten older I've gotten more comfortable with self-disclosure if I think it'll be useful for someone.

So, no.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think I give this illusion of being an open book.. I say things that some people would find personal.. but the reality is, I say a lot of little things.. so that people never really get to asking me the bigger, deeper things.

pholiveira

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I like to keep a little mystery aura about myself on purpose, but I realized I'm quite the open person, even in personal matters.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
I think I give this illusion of being an open book.. I say things that some people would find personal.. but the reality is, I say a lot of little things.. so that people never really get to asking me the bigger, deeper things.

^^^ That's me all over.
Once people get to know me they start to realise - engage a lot though I may - I'm still a mystery to them, due to never having actually really opened up.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp

^^^ That's me all over.
Once people get to know me they start to realise - engage a lot though I may - I'm still a mystery to them, due to never having actually really opened up.

Snap, I am like this too, the stuff I talk about to do with my personal life can seem very open, but behind them is more that no one ever really gets to see.

I wouldn't say I was private though, just my deeper thoughts.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

Read my mind too :) Exactly like me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
interesting...see...us enfp's have inner worlds too haha :)

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Damn, what are you all _NFPs hiding ? Kill a man in Reno just to watch him die ?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
same as you i guess.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ yeah that too...haha

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I was actually just thinking about this.

The thought being that the line between social life, school, friends, etc. and your own personal and even family life, is pretty thick. I sometimes feel like I'm living two lives- the gap between social and private life is so thick, it sometimes messes with me.

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, yeah. That happens to me a lot. People feel like I am this open book because I share certain things. Maybe things that they would never share. But for some reason they don't feel personal to me. So, it makes people feel like they are really close to me because I've "divulged" whatever it is.

I learned the hard way that you share with people only that which you don't mind them sharing with others.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
What we don't like to share? I'm thinking our most vulnerable spot.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
maybe, but i also think my life isn't that interesting so i just don't want to bore the other person.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
maybe, but i also think my life isn't that interesting so i just don't want to bore the other person.

Hey, my life is pretty boring too, but what I let them in on is my mind, and that's a mindfield of excitement. You being my type, I know this must be true for you too. ;)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Private almost to a fault.