User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    oh ok, thank you for that insight. I was going off my own experience. I only know one other INFJ and that's how we both operate. Most people would confuse me for a big extrovert. So what would a quieter INFJ look like to the outside world? You seem like you would be one; quiet and thoughtful.
    Yes, I am definitely a quieter INFJ. However, I have a wonderful INFJ friend who is very much as you describe. She can most definitely come across as an extrovert, as she is extremely talkative.

I guess in comparison I come across as rather contemplative and thoughtful (not that she isn't, lol), with occasional short bursts of enthusiasm or energy. Like I said, I don't say a whole lot. I perhaps come across more NT-ish than NF-ish (for example, comparing myself to my talkative INFJ friend), but really it depends on whose company I am with - this stuff can be rather relative. To give you some perspective, about 7 yrs ago a male INTP thought I was the same type as he.

If I'm on one end of the continuum and my talkative INFJ friend is on the other, a 3rd INFJ I know is closer to my end, a 4th INFJ is pretty much smack in the middle, and a 5th INFJ is kinda in the middle too.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm not a big talker.

Glycerine

Maybe I should learn from you guys. haha

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I'm a talker. It's just what I do. It's like my thing! :P Learn from me!
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    INFJ

I think one of the beautiful and frustrating things about INFJs is that from the outside we can seem like 100 different people. There are times when I am quiet as a mouse and other times when I will talk your ear off. Internally, however, my mind is always in overdrive. I think that IDK's comment about not giving up on a topic even when everyone else has is very true, but often manifests itself in internal conversations rather than external. I can be in a coversation with several people, be silent for quite awhile, then as soon as there's a break in the conversation be all, "But back to what we you said before..." Even worse, sometimes I don't even give the transition and will just mention my new insight. Then everyone else will be all, "what? We finished with that topic 10 minutes ago."

MBTI
    infp

I can't really describe how I recognise another NF, I wouldn't just by looking at them, but if we got talking there would be this instant click.

It's happened with infj's, enfp's and infp's. Not enough experience with enfj's so can't speak for them.

But NF's seem to be on my wavelength, I don't need to explain a joke, the laughs are abounding, their warmth exudes from almost everything they say, there is this click moment, and I know without fail that they would test as an NF.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by eclare View Post
    I think one of the beautiful and frustrating things about INFJs is that from the outside we can seem like 100 different people. There are times when I am quiet as a mouse and other times when I will talk your ear off.
    Ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by eclare View Post
    I think that IDK's comment about not giving up on a topic even when everyone else has is very true, but often manifests itself in internal conversations rather than external. I can be in a coversation with several people, be silent for quite awhile, then as soon as there's a break in the conversation be all, "But back to what we you said before..." Even worse, sometimes I don't even give the transition and will just mention my new insight. Then everyone else will be all, "what? We finished with that topic 10 minutes ago."
    My friends always say that, "LA, we're past that discussion." But I'm not! I definitely run topics into the ground.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Very informative!

To help out with the whole ENFJ identification problem the best thing I would say is to look where that persons interests are. In my conversations I will 95% of the time focus on a certain aspect of the persons life I am talking to instead of commenting on say something happening around us or other outside influences.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Ok, we can scratch INFJs off the list. Now, on to the other 15 types.

/wave @ INFJs!!
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ngannacvy View Post
    ...tend to appear to the world as.....
    TJ.........................................logical
    FJ.........................................Empathe tic
    SP.........................................Concret e
    NP.........................................Abstrac t

NF.........................................oversen sitive
    NT.........................................Insensi tive
    SJ.........................................Depress ive
    SP.........................................Excitab le
    For me personally, I am certainly sensitive (a matter of opinion whether it's in excess ), but someone wouldn't be able to type me based on it. I just don't show my (over)sensitivity to people. It's probably the last thing I show someone in the process of opening up and getting to know a person - if I ever show them. (That's what cold dark nights under the covers are for)
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky