• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Gushy, Wushy, Mushy stuff!! NSFT's

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I'm losing my idealism when it comes to love and need to get it back, so in this thread I want people to add things that describe to them what love should feel like, what it does feel like.

It can be poems, songs, art, and images, anything that reminds you of love.

I'll go first (obviously) lol with a song that epitomises what I wish I could feel one day when it comes to love:

[YOUTUBE="MMt3_p04XaQ"]That I would be good[/YOUTUBE]

:cry:

(I'm feeling all F'ed up today ;) )

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Eternal Love

loveembraceforblog.jpg

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
lovers.jpg

Damn, can't not post a Magritte when it comes to mind.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I'm losing my idealism when it comes to love...

What is your ideal? How do you want to feel? What are your expectations? Write them down even, if you like. Take a minute at least to reflect on this.

Consider this definition of idealism: the tendency to represent things in an ideal form, or as they might or should be rather than as they are, with emphasis on values.

Now, bearing in mind your idealized version of love, consider this:

500px-Circle_-_black_simple.svg.png

A circle appears perfect. In ancient times the circle, due to its perfect symmetrical properties, was believed to be divine. But in nature it is not. The issue is that you have an image of perfection in your mind. But you won't find it, because it's not real - it doesn't exist in nature.

So what can we do? What you want most is what you need to give in order to find. We thus collectively become the circle. Complete. When you truly love and accept yourself, you won't be looking outside to find anything. And ironically, this might be when love will likely find you. :hug:

heart

heart on fire
I don't know why but this video always struck me as the ultimate romantic video.

[YOUTUBE="tQPMCxI4Ozs"]Don't Waste Your Time -- Yarbrough and Peoples[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="1R-Zg5es7mg"]Rain[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="YFNgcYN5_jw"]You have Bewitched me[/YOUTUBE]

Petite Etoile

MBTI Type
InTJ
Enneagram
"Love-- you could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no gifts. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine."

gustav-klimt-the-kiss.jpg

and..

-PHOTOGRAPHIC-SUBWAY-KISS.jpg

gonzo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Maybe not so sweet love from a band of my place, but well yeah!

[youtube="JbYv2pEZ2KE"]Ghinzu[/youtube]

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This is really embaressing, but I have a secret soft spot for love songs, movies, and stuff, that guys wouldn't necessarily be drawn to.

Leading back to my point, I think love is one of the greatest things for us to imagine in this lifetime, and I'd choose it anyday over wisdom, intellect, or any universal awareness that humans can only dream of..It's so simple, the answers in front of us, but has been made into something far less deep. When the average person hears the word "love", several things may pop into mind...boyfriends, girlfriends, kissing, happiness, having someone to be there for you, or whatever. Yes, all these things are true, but love is so much deeper than any of us can imagine. That's the thing about love, you can never be deep enough.

From one INFP, to another, BerberElla, I find it difficult to put it into context at this point. You can never loose your love, or whatever, but there may be times in your life where you feel that way. When your soul mate comes along, or forgive me if he has, than you will know it. Once you tap into your soul mate, a brand new universe will open up for you, you'll just know. You'll feel things you could never dream you'd feel. You be, at any given second, ready to die a bloody death for them, and you'd give up everything to be with them, trust me. People so underestimate the true power of love, degrading it. Everything you have heard about love is true, except magnified by a billion, it's where people start superficializing it, does it become something it's not.

What do I know, though..I'm only a naive little 16 year old. I have never been in love, but I've tapped into my inner emotions enough to have felt a portion of this..I've dived benieth the surface enough to know what's there. Don't be upset because you feel like your loosing the love you once had. It will come again, you'll see, and when it does, once you truly experience it, share it, and realize it, you will always have it, whether or not you feel like you do. I hope this gives you some rays of hope and serves as some sort of motivation, because everything I have said here was not just some random BS I compiled about love.

This song is called "Sunrise" and is simply a piece played by Doug Hammer on Piano.

It represents the dawn of something, birth, the cracking open of the seed of life...of love, and may it guide you, for your time will come.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDw33qjJFF8&fmt=18"][/YOUTUBE]

YouTube - Doug Hammer - "Sunrise" (Piano)

gonzo

MBTI Type
ENFP
And also this wonderful sequence in the movie La Meglio Gioventu

[youtube="nfUMANclXUE"]La Meglio Gioventu[/youtube]

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Even though the lyrics aren't necessarily the best, this song always reaches deep for me:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URvC-7lcrvI"]Craig Armstrong - This Love[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: Crap, almost forgot the other song from the disk.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osP05cpJKNM"]Craig Armstrong - Let's Go Out Tonight[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry the sound quality sucks on the second.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of love: Avoid, if at all possible.