• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which type do you have a secret soft-spot for?

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
(And by this, I don't even necessarily mean which type attracts you the most)

Is there a type that - upon recognizing someone as such in the real world - causes you to be biased and make the extra effort not usually made to get to know them/recognize you?
Is there a type that - upon posting in the forum with their type displayed - makes you feel all 'fuzzy' reading their posts (no matter how ridiculous), and it's hard to dissuade the notion that they're not necessarily AWESOME because they are this type?

There can be (and often is) absolutely no recognizably logical reason as to 'why'. You may clearly understand that someones type is not the entirety of their personality, yet you can't help it. Perhaps you have never even really encountered one in day-to-day life, merely like the image painted by this types MBTI description.

Oh, and - you are NOT ALLOWED to answer with your own type. I forbid it :cheese:

Commence the irrational love!

(PS - anyone ELSE find that 'cheese' smiley kind of threatening?!)

Atomic Fiend

Is there a type that - upon recognizing someone as such in the real world - causes you to be biased and make the extra effort not usually made to get to know them/recognize you?
ENFP

Is there atype that - upon posting in the forum with their type displayed - makes you feel all 'fuzzy' reading their posts (no matter how ridiculous), and it's hard to dissuade the notion that they're not necessarily AWESOME because they are this type?

Still ENFP.

pholiveira

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ENTPs and INFJs do the first trick for me. I really want them to know me and I want to be closer to them, so I start talking. And boy do I talk. I have a hard time finding any type totally awesome, excluding the ENFP, though.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
ENFP and I have no idea why but I am willing to bet it wouldn't last hehe

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFP and I have no idea why but I am willing to bet it wouldn't last hehe

Again...I wasn't necessarily asking 'romantic attraction'.

I also instantly gain a (not totally reasonable) respect for INTPs. (And a tendency to be a little wary of extreme 'T' INTJs - due to my father being one, haha)

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
ESTJs, ESFJs, ISFJs, ISTJs, ISFPs, ISTPs, ESTPs, ESFPs, ENFJs, ENTJs, INFJs, INTJs, ENTPs, ENFPs, and INTPs.

Screw INFPs though, they suck.

In all seriousness though, I do try to avoid typing people before I know them.. I'm attracted to anyone who is willing to listen to me and be a friend to me, regardless of their type. I think that ability can come to anyone regardless of their preferences.. one of my best friends is an ESTJ - I'm supposed to have all kinds of conflict with them, right? Yet we think and act similarly.. just in different realms. We often reach the same or similar conclusions though, or at the very least understand each other. It takes people who are similar in more ways than a 4 letter code to have that kind of relationship..

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
ENFJ because around them I totally let down my gaurd, or at least show my inner, more personal side for some reason. Also a fan of the 'same dominant function yet different attitude' match-thing. It's like we have each others' answers to the same problem.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Being a certain type doesn't make someone awesome.
With that opinion stated,
I guess I could answer your question.
INFP.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
any NF type except ENFJs.... they're fucking wackjobs, man.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
Being a certain type doesn't make someone awesome.
With that opinion stated,
I guess I could answer your question.
INFP.

....Knew an 'NT' would come in and try burst my bubble :tongue10:

Why I tried to be heavy with the disclaimer-ing from the start.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Anybody in real life whose type I happen to know intrigues me. Just by knowing their type early on, I'd want to get to know them better for research purposes, I guess; just to make mental notes of how they behave. But the types who would most intrigue me would probably be NT types, and the type that would pretty much force me to get to know the person better is INTJ.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
....Knew an 'NT' would come in and try burst my bubble :tongue10:

Why I tried to be heavy with the disclaimer-ing from the start.

So you were generalizing even before you created a thread devoted to generalizations?

Nah I'm not mean. I just enjoy the game.