• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which type do you have a secret soft-spot for?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I Surveyed Each Myers-Briggs Type To See Which Type They Were Most Attracted To – Here Are The Results | Thought Catalog

Interesting. It's a shame about the lack of ESFJ's and ESTP's within the MBTI community though, would be great to have more statistics on those. ENFP's seem to be popular. :)

The link you provided was interesting to me, though, it makes me wonder if those sampled had a clear designation whether they actually found themselves attracted to the various types, perhaps by first hand experience, or if they were instead attracted more to the idea of that personality type. Further, maybe it's a clue into what issues various personality types may more commonly come across and in general, which personality types they suppose (the idea of the type) would get them out of the hole?

Eh, just some rambling thoughts :)

Jssgator

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7&3
I’m an ENTP, and I tend to fancy my ENFP friends
.mainly because they’re nuts and I like that

René

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have a strong heart for INTPs. I'm kind of a theorizer and like to talk deep things. Often I think I'm surounded by stupid people, and then some INTP comes around and not only does he understand my view,but totally rips it apart on a logic level and helps me to develop. So for the INTPs who think they deserve more admiration for their ideas. Here I am :hi:

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not a specific type, but I've always been drawn to other Ne-types, mostly doms or at least auxs. It just works out well naturally.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Not a specific type, but I've always been drawn to other Ne-types, mostly doms or at least auxs. It just works out well naturally.

Me too, but I also really enjoy interacting with the occasional other type if we get along well in non-typology defined ways.

AStrange~Nostalgia

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(And by this, I don't even necessarily mean which type attracts you the most)

Is there a type that - upon recognizing someone as such in the real world - causes you to be biased and make the extra effort not usually made to get to know them/recognize you?
Is there a type that - upon posting in the forum with their type displayed - makes you feel all 'fuzzy' reading their posts (no matter how ridiculous), and it's hard to dissuade the notion that they're not necessarily AWESOME because they are this type?

There can be (and often is) absolutely no recognizably logical reason as to 'why'. You may clearly understand that someones type is not the entirety of their personality, yet you can't help it. Perhaps you have never even really encountered one in day-to-day life, merely like the image painted by this types MBTI description.
easy... INTP.
No, it's not about type description. Naturally I found that all the people I had this strange feeling towards them irl were INTP.
If you asked me about their type I would be speachless, I don't know how their description is like. Though I can analyze their function which is something different.
Oh, and - you are NOT ALLOWED to answer with your own type. I forbid it :cheese:

you just read my mind.lol

(PS - anyone ELSE find that 'cheese' smiley kind of threatening?!)
it looks like you went to dentist and your parents forced to smile through your pain for common curtesy:D

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFPs, I feel like they're taken for granted or not appreciated enough.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
The poor Es. :cry:

It's OK, I know Phobes really thinks us Es are true ecstasy and I'm perfectly ok with that. He just doesn't want to tempt himself by identifying the letter :newwink:

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For me it would be ENxPs, notably ENTP but ENFPs can be awesome possums too. Just the ideas and potential energy from the ne and the ti there. The intelligence and the humor gets me every time. ENTPs can be hilariously snarky but be warm on the inside. I do love ne humor and while sometimes we may be on different wavelengths, we still get along great. Well, some people have suggested that I'm a ne user rather than a ni user and my humor can be rather ne-ish so I suppose I am not the most ni person around in the first place...

Permabanned
For me it would be ENxPs, notably ENTP but ENFPs can be awesome possums too. Just the ideas and potential energy from the ne and the ti there. The intelligence and the humor gets me every time. ENTPs can be hilariously snarky but be warm on the inside. I do love ne humor and while sometimes we may be on different wavelengths, we still get along great. Well, some people have suggested that I'm a ne user rather than a ni user and my humor can be rather ne-ish so I suppose I am not the most ni person around in the first place...

infp much brah

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
infp much brah

Well, I don't really relate to leading with fi or an F function and relate more to fe than fi so... I ruled out INFP long ago for that reason. The thing about ne is more based on other's observations and while I score higher on ni, I score pretty high on ne but I wouldn't think scoring high on both ne and ni and the blur in that function alone would automatically mean INFP. I am fairly certain I use fe over fi and don't have te in my main stack of four.

I know my profile picture character is an INFP 4w5 but just because she is, doesn't automatically make me her.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTPs... they somehow always know how to get under my skin with their jokes and easy going approach.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well if I told you, it wouldn’t be a secret soft spot for //

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
infx (both)... i tend to have more tolerance for bullshit from either... intj also i guess...

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Seriously though, types I have a soft spot for include: INTP (my partner), ENTP, non-control-y ENFJs, ISFPs, and INFJs.