• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Could INFPs lack a compatible type?

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I find our lack of compatible partners disturbing.

+1 :smiley_violin:

I'm not sure if it was brought up earlier in this thread, but I wonder if our lack of compatible type is partly due to our Fe coming in dead last in our function order, while Fi comes in first. I was wondering if someone who knew more about function orders and how they affect types might have some input on this...

G

garbage

INFPs rule. You're soft-hearted, caring, considerate, humble, and have potential that you don't even realize. You deserve someone great.

So screw the theory and just be yourselves.. I'm living testament to the fact that an INFP can make someone very, very happy. I wouldn't trade my own relationship for the world.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFPs have compatible types. You just have to work to get relationships. They don't fall into your lap.

Compatible types- ISTJ, ENTJ, INTJ, ENFJ, ESFJ, ISFJ. Just in my opinion and from reading about type-type relations. These are all assuming the people are healthy.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
INFPs rule. You're soft-hearted, caring, considerate, humble, and have potential that you don't even realize. You deserve someone great.

So screw the theory and just be yourselves.. I'm living testament to the fact that an INFP can make someone very, very happy. I wouldn't trade my own relationship for the world.

Aww. :hug: We INFPs appreciate this post.

And I don't know if we *have* a type, we just have personalities we individually get along with best. We just have to find them out, and show them our wonderful selves! ;)

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
NFs in general could lack a compatible single type, in that they are compatible with all types.

L

Lasting_Pain

Some observations.
  • Consider functions more.
  • Consider types less.
  • People's upbringing and a ton of other things are just as important as their type.
  • Everyone loves INTPs.

I knew that post was missing something.

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I'm not sure if anyone follows the Enneagram that closely, but what Enneagram types of INFPs do you think have the easiest time finding a compatible type? The hardest?

It's difficult to find a lot of information on Enneagram compatibility. Any thoughts on which Enneagram types might do well with others while factoring in MBTI type (not just INFP)?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a 9w8, I don't have any issues finding compatible types of people (by that I mean people that would work for me). I find those all the time. The problem is actually finding someone available IRL. Then again I don't live near a city that I go to often. It's totally random when you find someone that's good for you, the place I am about to start working at has an INTX girl working there that I talked to for about 30 minutes. We checked each other out and all of that good stuff. It seems to be purely luck.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not sure if anyone follows the Enneagram that closely, but what Enneagram types of INFPs do you think have the easiest time finding a compatible type? The hardest?

It's difficult to find a lot of information on Enneagram compatibility. Any thoughts on which Enneagram types might do well with others while factoring in MBTI type (not just INFP)?

I would think that the type with which you would be most compatible on the Enneagram system would be the type that most helps you move toward your upper level of health and integrate rather than disintegrate. I haven't seen this discussed before, although it probably has been somewhere...

Some argue that the instinctual variant has more to do with it than the numerical point. I found this to be an interesting read in that vein: Enneagram Instinctual Subtypes

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Ok.. I got my cousin to take the quiz.. turns out, she's INFP.

After spending almost an entire week together, sleeping in the same bed, traveling everywhere together, cooking in the kitchen, brushing our teeth with one another, throwing a brokeass partay, basically, spending 24/7, I don't see how this could be true??!

Our introversion/extroversion was something I noticed vastly different, but if there was a male replica of her, I think I could say.. "OMG. Heaven must've sent an angel." Literally. Alright.. fine, we're not all perfect.

I just think if anyone were to pass a chica like her on by, then perhaps either:
a. not a good match anyway.
b. the person must be loco en la cabeza. kidding.

No one in the family quite understand me like her, vice versa?.. I miss cherry chum chum already.. :cry: *sawry- venting* :wubbie: :tongue:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Can you tell us more about your observations? :) You've sparked my interest.
Well, there's not too much more to say...
The reason I took an interest in noticing how many INFP/ISTJ couples there are is because my sister is an INFP and has been married to an ISTJ... for over 20 years.

In the past year and a half that I've been on this forum, I've taken the trouble to notice the married relationships that other ISTJs or INFPs were in. I didn't really keep a count, so I don't have any statistics, but like I said, there were at least a half dozen married couples of that combination. And it seemed to me like the great majority of successful relationships for INFPs or ISTJs were of that combination.

Disclaimer: There are always exceptions to everything.

Cindyrella

MBTI Type
INFP
I am married to an INTP. I am head over heels in love. We have a very deep emotional connection that is truly beyond any I've ever experienced before.

Based on my own experience, I do not promote the ENFJ/INFP match up.

I went from a lengthy on-and-off relationship with an ENFJ (emotional roller coaster, lots of breaking up and making up) to a short-lived encounter with an INTJ (incredibly awkward). Then, finally, I found my INTP. He is the balance and stability I need. On some level I am sure I had to deal with the ENFJ and INTJ to fully appreciate the INTP once I found him.

He is my everything. :wubbie:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is a very interesting way of suggesting that we are good with dealing with emotions when they are someone else's, but not so consistent at confronting and dealing with our own feelings.

Oh man, does that ever describe me.
I strangely enough give excellent relationship advice, but cannot connect with anyone to have my own relationship.... :doh:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How about the INFJ? INFJ and an INFP?

When it works, it's poetic, mystical, and passionate. It's not what I call a 'standard' compatibility, though. We manage to be very similar yet very different, and it often makes it the best or worst of both worlds in relationships.

G

garbage

Oh man, does that ever describe me.
I strangely enough give excellent relationship advice, but cannot connect with anyone to have my own relationship.... :doh:

This described me for the longest time. I could advise my sister and my friends on their relationships, and I constantly played marriage counselor to my parents, but I didn't feel like I was given the chance to apply my own advice.

But once you do connect with someone, you'll be much better prepared, and you'll have a much more fulfilling relationship as a result.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When it works, it's poetic, mystical, and passionate. It's not what I call a 'standard' compatibility, though. We manage to be very similar yet very different, and it often makes it the best or worst of both worlds in relationships.

It's also very boring.