• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Could INFPs lack a compatible type?

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I'd say just the title is. IMO theories kill a good brain.

This thread certainly made my brain cells deplete at an even faster rate than usual. (Drinks whiskey to replenish a few:)) I think there is a certain amount of very INFP-ish abstract intellectualising about subjective feelings of hopelessness/failure here. I will just suggest that coming up with defeatist theories to explain failue is a very good way to stay defeated, as if you then start following the theory it has a good chance of becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. It seems more productive to accept that sometimes you will feel bad, sometimes things will not work out whatever you do *particularly as an INFP* and that is just part of life for everyone, though you may feel the pain more strongly than most. It doesn't require a complex explanation to justify the way things are. Failure happens to everyone at some point, INFPs included...

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Try ENTPs.

Try them!

You won't be sorry!!!

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I've been with my INFP (though he's a solid INXP, so I have frequent INTP arguments with him) for 7 months. We're very happy and in love.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kittens aren't evil -just misunderstood.
Puppies are lurvely though.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I have a kitten and a puppy who are best friends! It is the world's most adorable cuddle puddle!

NashK

MBTI Type
INFP
ENFJ's go well with us. I'm married to an ENFJ and I can tell you it's worth it. But make sure to get one that's emotionally healthy.

I sound like I'm telling you what to buy in the supermarket.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Every thread involving INFPs should end up being about puppies and kittens. It seems only natural. :)

ENFJ's go well with us. I'm married to an ENFJ and I can tell you it's worth it. But make sure to get one that's emotionally healthy.

What do you like about it? What works? What doesn't?

staygold

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i think we just romanticise past relationships that failed, always searching for that one true love that we want to exist so badly. Sometimes setting unrealistic expectations for love. But we still hope they can be reached

prosperity

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
?
im with an INTJ and to be honest id rather be with an F type as sometimes i think he is selfish, and even probably a P type as they are more playful. Ideal partner = INFp - but be careful, if can go VERY VERY wrong if you both arent up front with how you feel and NO game playing. ENFP might not be a bad match either.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I find our lack of compatible partners disturbing.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think we just romanticise past relationships that failed, always searching for that one true love that we want to exist so badly. Sometimes setting unrealistic expectations for love. But we still hope they can be reached

as an infj i identify with this. tho i also think, for myself at least, it's bc in the end i want to feel redeemed and victorious and good about myself in the "what took you so long (to come around)" sense. i imagine this is true of all inf. being validated and recognized/prized and "the real me", etc.