• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Could INFPs lack a compatible type?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeeeeaaaah. I certainly don't fall into the category of having developed Fi, so I'm not sure if my opinion counts... But ISTJ-INFP sounds painful to me.

I thought you liked pain, dear.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Those INFPs aren't nearly sadistic enough for me.

Actually, that's part of the reason that I flinch when I see ENFP/INFP as a match...I'm thinking, oh yeah, right...I want someone I could run all over. NOT.

G

Ginkgo

Don't try to wriggle your way out of this one by referring to the ancient past.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't try to wriggle your way out of this one by referring to the ancient past.

It's very simple. I'm attracted to dominance, in a sexual context.

That doesn't mean that I don't like INFPs or that I wear my ...what was it?...abrasiveness like a badge.

G

Ginkgo

Irrelevant. The fact is that you are not all ENFPs. If you are not all ENFPs, or if you have no account of what all ENFPs prefer, then you have no leverage in making such a sweeping claim about whether ENFPs and INFPs would be a good match. You assume, in a cloud of narcissism, that you are capable of making that decision. It's abhorrent.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Irrelevant. The fact is that you are not all ENFPs. If you are not all ENFPs, or if you have no account of what all ENFPs prefer, then you have no leverage in making such a sweeping claim about whether ENFPs and INFPs would be a good match. You assume, in a cloud of narcissism, that you are capable of making that decision. It's abhorrent.

What the hell are you talking about? Patches said that INFPs weren't sadistic enough for her, and my reply was a reflection of my own preferences, I never said that I was answering for other ENFPs. I don't do "type matching" as a generalized thing, usually, not as a sweeping thing for ALL ENFPs (Or ISTJs, Or INFPs, Or ESTPs, or whatver).

So stop projecting onto me.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, that's part of the reason that I flinch when I see ENFP/INFP as a match...I'm thinking, oh yeah, right...I want someone I could run all over. NOT.

People don't run all over me. I'm not spineless nor do I swallow a lot. If anything, that may cause more conflict with STJs.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
People don't run all over me. I'm not spineless nor do I swallow a lot. If anything, that may cause more conflict with STJs.

I really don't see how someone with a behind-the-scenes temperament would dominate me, even subtley. I don't see INFPs as even wanting to dominate; rather their natural state is defend their own territory and to allow others to have theirs, right? That isn't to say that INFPs are incapable of standing up for themselves, IxxP temperament is just not what I am attracted to sexually, in my experience. I honestly think I'm most attracted to SFJs and NTJs for some unknown reason.

Hey, if someone comes along and proves me wrong, I'll let you know. And you let me know if you have a good relationship with an STJ someday, okay?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really don't see how someone with a behind-the-scenes temperament would dominate me, even subtley. I don't see INFPs as even wanting to dominate; rather their natural state is defend their own territory and to allow others to have theirs, right? That isn't to say that INFPs are incapable of standing up for themselves, IxxP temperament is just not what I am attracted to sexually, in my experience. I honestly think I'm most attracted to SFJs and NTJs for some unknown reason.

Hey, if someone comes along and proves me wrong, I'll let you know. And you let me know if you have a good relationship with an STJ someday, okay?

I know there was a thread on this recently....I don't believe in the whole dom-sub dynamic as a healthy relationship, so no, I would not seek to dominate, nor be willing to be submissive. Power struggles are ugly. I have had good relationships with STJs - I've been good friends with several ISTJs. ESTJs are a bit harder for me to take, but I've been friendly with at least one.

Well, most of the men on the forum certainly just deemed you less compatible with them.

Oh god, I kid I kid. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

The sad thing is, I saw that coming & still typed it :p

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know there was a thread on this recently....I don't believe in the whole dom-sub dynamic as a healthy relationship, so no, I would not seek to dominate, nor be willing to be submissive. Power struggles are ugly. I have had good relationships with STJs - I've been good friends with several ISTJs. ESTJs are a bit harder for me to take, but I've been friendly with at least one.

I meant romantic relationships. You're just talking about STJs as friends, right?

G

Ginkgo

What the hell are you talking about? Patches said that INFPs weren't sadistic enough for her, and my reply was a reflection of my own preferences, I never said that I was answering for other ENFPs. I don't do "type matching" as a generalized thing, usually, not as a sweeping thing for ALL ENFPs (Or ISTJs, Or INFPs, Or ESTPs, or whatver).

So stop projecting onto me.

NO YOU!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
How dare you waste these when poor, starving children are dieing of syphilis in Japan! *eats them off the floor in submissive, INFP way*

You'd better eat every bite or you won't get any dessert.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I think ENFJs and INTJs are theoretically the best matches with INFPs.
And SPs are good with less philosophically inclined INFPs.

I think INFPs should appreciate what's there in relationships rather than what's not. See the person in front of them as a whole, full-blooded person instead of a piece to fit into their ideal or their vision or their fantasy.